Jessica Simpson's new video

deb
Advanced Member

Jessica Simpson's new video

Postby deb » Wed May 09, 2001 8:58 pm

i think she looks really good for herself :)
it was a good vid, even if i thought the clothes could have been better, i like the end. :)
anyone else?

Kailly

Postby Kailly » Wed May 09, 2001 9:28 pm

When I saw video clips of it i didn't like it that much, but after I saw it on TRL i started liking it more. The outfits weren't anything real different or out of the ordinary, but they fit her real well. I liked some of them after i saw them on tv. I love the song...so that makes the video even better

Shes lookin real good too! her belly and the rest of her body is really looking good. I never thought she looked bad but she's definenly improved

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Thu May 10, 2001 1:06 am

LOVED THE VIDEO AND THE SONG BUT I HAVE A QUESTION!

WAS IT JUST ME OR DID SHE LOOK LIKE BRITNEY?

Wraith
Advanced Member

Postby Wraith » Thu May 10, 2001 4:49 am

She reminded me of Britney too Mark.

During this brief break by Christina though, I think she has a shot at really making some headway for herself. The video will catch on,even if it's not the Jessica we're used to seeing. People who don't know who she is yet, won't know a difference though.

lvchottie8

Postby lvchottie8 » Thu May 10, 2001 11:08 am

mark, i completely agree...i liked the video, but the first thing that popped into my mind was that she looked like britney and to me it seemed like she was trying to act like britney. i dont know how to describe it, but you know how in britney's videos she does this thing with her mouth, sort of sensuous....well i thought jessica was trying to do that, when i never noticed that in other videos. the outfits also reminded me of something britney may wear....

gemini1501

Postby gemini1501 » Thu May 10, 2001 11:46 am

okay, my first thought was -Brintey! that first part were she was walking in the black leather,that was totally like 'Stronger'.and then the outfits, the dancing,i dont know,i just didnt like it.if that was,like the first vid i ever saw of hers,i would have thought she was a total wannabe.but i dont really like her anyway(dont get me started on the whole 'hypocrite'thing)i dont know, it kinda seemed a little desperate, ya know?like, i need more fans, so its was a typical super sexy, super special effects,the whole big budget thing,and not really anything out of the ordinary.
on other note: i was looking on her official MB for news about her and nick, and did anyone else find it strange that on top is about 50 different ways to get her vid. on trl?its all like 'and if you get a busy signal,just redial and try again'. and there was a whole section on how you can vote on line multiple times...it just seemed kinda weird.later!

oh,one more thing...i may not like her,but props for slimming down.even i gotta admit,she looks good.although slightly like brit.

gemini1501

Postby gemini1501 » Thu May 10, 2001 11:49 am

oops,i'm sorry,i fotgot: why is it that as soon as brit starting having those,like close up shots of her butt and body,every other girl in music has then now,too?chris,and in the new jess vid- like when she does that move where she goes down and comes up butt first and the camara is all over her ass.just something thats been on my mind lately! :)

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Thu May 10, 2001 12:33 pm

it reminds me to 'Stronger' video

zellef

Postby zellef » Thu May 10, 2001 6:19 pm

Quote: from MARK on 7:06 am on May 10, 2001[br]LOVED THE VIDEO AND THE SONG BUT I HAVE A QUESTION!

WAS IT JUST ME OR DID SHE LOOK LIKE BRITNEY?

No, it's just you who looks like Britney.

LOL

Wraith
Advanced Member

Postby Wraith » Fri May 11, 2001 1:14 am

Now that I think of it, teh video did remind me of 'Stronger'. The openning shots on the buildings, then Jessica in black, and otehr shots showing the building looked a lot like that video.

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri May 11, 2001 11:51 am

i liked the video- i think the concept was cool, it was done well, they had lots of good shots, the costuming was good but the thing that go to me was her make-up.  because of the lighting that they used in the video there are shots in which she has dark bags under her eyes because of too heavy liner and her lipstick appears smeared due to lighting at several points in the video.  i think jessica is a very beautiful girl but the person who did her make-up didnt consult with the lighting person and i think the two didnt go well together.  but i thought over all it was a cool video and jessica looks great she has been working very hard on her body and it has paid off!

(Edited by AngelOfMusic at 12:52 pm on May 11, 2001)

luv4nl

Postby luv4nl » Sat May 12, 2001 7:18 pm

The video turned out better than I had expected. I love her look and I loved the theme of the video. The video, not her look, somewhat reminded me of Britney.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sat May 12, 2001 10:51 pm

wow u guys are so observant now i've got to watch it again to see what u all were noticing i enjoyed the video though and luv the song i think she looks great too........

MegMeg112
Supreme Member

Postby MegMeg112 » Mon May 14, 2001 2:39 pm

well, you have to realize, that the video directors are the ones who think up the whole plot for the video! Fred Durst directs THEIR OWN videos, so they are original and not copying someone elses, like the pop groups! SO don't blame the video on Jess! Her style has changed...purposely also....so she can get more publicity!

I bet that is why she broke up with Nick! For more publicity and so 98 Degrees fans wouldn't hate her!

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Fri May 18, 2001 6:58 am

Take a look at this: http://glassfaery.net/nastykisses/vidcopy.htmhttp://glassfaery.net/nastykisses/vidcopy.htm

MegMeg112
Supreme Member

Postby MegMeg112 » Sat May 19, 2001 10:24 pm

[color=maroon] The beginning reminds me of stronger! I mean, the buildings, and color! But the rest is different! She wasn't humping and groping a chair like Britney Spears in this one! And Jessica's voice was AWESOME!

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Sun May 20, 2001 6:52 am

sure *irony*

Return to “Jessica Simpson”