Jessica 'statement' about her relationship with Nick Lachey,

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Jessica 'statement' about her relationship with Nick Lachey,

Postby MooseMan » Sat May 26, 2001 6:05 pm

Ever since Jessica released her so-called 'statement' about her relationship with Nick Lachey, we hadn't heard a peep from jolly ol' Nick himself (even though he supposed to made a statement himself on Jessica Central.com message board which find out later that person is a impostor). Don't you think that really strange that he wasn't there with her when she made that statement, when he supposed to be 'her life'? Makes you wanna say, Hmmmmmmmm???

Pretty weird relationship if you've tell me.

(Edited by MooseMan at 5:33 am on May 27, 2001)

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Sat May 26, 2001 7:48 pm

I haven't looked on the 98 degrees site but him breaking up w/ Jessica hurts their band in terms of publicity... you don't hear from them much other than Nick & Jess. But yeah, it would be good if he went on the record as to what the status of their relationship is.

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Sat May 26, 2001 8:19 pm

Quote: from admin on 6:48 am on May 27, 2001[br]I haven't looked on the 98 degrees site but him breaking up w/ Jessica hurts their band in terms of publicity... you don't hear from them much other than Nick & Jess. But yeah, it would be good if he went on the record as to what the status of their relationship is.

I totally agree. It makes no sense for him of his stature not to respond. By saying nothing, it backs up some of the critics' claims that the Jessica/Nick relationship is nothing but a publicity stunt. I think Mr. Lachey owes it to his bandmates and his fans as well to set the record straight.

Nuff said.

(Edited by MooseMan at 7:25 am on May 27, 2001)

asmodeus

Postby asmodeus » Mon May 28, 2001 2:14 pm

Rosie was pre-recorded, and all mag articles were done months ago. It will probably be another couple of months before all the fan mags catch up to the truth.
Nick has stated that they have broken up. Once on MTV and several times on radio interviews. Even Drew has talked about the break-up.
Truth be told, 98 degrees lost half of their fan base because of Jessica. A lot of their fans stopped listening to them because they were tried of hearing about her.
Also Nick Lachey has always seemed like a very private person and the moment she opened her big mouth, I bet you it started to hurt their relationship. Face it, everytime she brought up their lack of a sex life, the man would cringe. If you ask me he looks a whole lot happier now that he's free again.

AngelsBabyAlways

Postby AngelsBabyAlways » Mon May 28, 2001 5:40 pm

Why don't we all stay out of their personal life? Key word 'their'.... NOT OURS!!!!! Leave them alone.

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Tue May 29, 2001 6:03 am

She's a public person and she has always talked about her personal life in every F*** ing interview so why people can't talk about her personal life no? She sold it first.

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Tue May 29, 2001 7:06 am

i agree with you Nasty Kisses. She & Nick were so open about their relationship. Flaunted it, on MTV New Years Eve Celebration, Making a Video, and on Fox specials. So for them to say 'butt out' is rather odd. They brought this on to themselves, bragging to the press....etc.. You can't one day be telling the press your un dieing love for each other then all of a sudden turn around and say 'mind your own business'. Giving the press mix signals is always gona cause speculations.

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Tue May 29, 2001 10:25 am

Like her fans said her website...BUMP, BUMP!<LOL!>

AngelsBabyAlways

Postby AngelsBabyAlways » Tue May 29, 2001 1:56 pm

They have every right to say stop talking. The reason for this is b/c the press is going too far with their relationship. They are asking questions that are much too personal. They are normal people and should have every right to have a personal relationship as well as a public one. I’m sure those of you in relationships right now know what it’s like to want to have some private, personal times together. I’m sure it would bug you if you had to tell the world every little detail about what you do or don’t do, when, why, and where.
They shouldn't have to sneak around, which is why Jess wanted to go public with this whole thing. She wants to be able to be honest with her fans.

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Tue May 29, 2001 2:16 pm

I don't think the press was really invasive with Jessica & Nick... Neither of them are at a level of celeb status where that would occur like say Brad & Jennifer, Britney & Justin, J.Lo and Puffy (when they were an item), etc. It's only been a big issue with the fans, not the media.

AngelsBabyAlways

Postby AngelsBabyAlways » Tue May 29, 2001 3:35 pm

Trust me, it's the media too.

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Tue May 29, 2001 4:16 pm

AngelsBabyAlways, you sound a bit obsessed with this jessica & Nick thing. come on, tell us who you really are?! :tongue:

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Tue May 29, 2001 7:18 pm

I agree with admin. Jessica and Nick's celebrity is nowhere of superstar status like those other super couples. If Jessica wanted to be left alone, she souldn't let her private life be so public like on how she's proud of being a virgin, and she a christian, yada, yada, yada. All she had did was allowing her fans to make a big deal out of it, like those hidious 'Jess and Nick' stories they always dredged up on her fan website. If they hadn't, you wouldn't see criticism poping everywhere of her. All we saying for Jess to please SHUT THE HELL UP about your love life and start showing your talent.

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Wed May 30, 2001 4:19 am

how many times have you heard Britney Spears talking about her relationships? You can say no the first time someone asks you about that. You are not forced to speak about your personal life. If Jessica did it was to get succes (sp?). If you take a look at her articles in a fan site you will see that the 90% talk about her relationship. Do you really think she would have the succes she has now if she weren't dated with Nick Lachey?

AngelsBabyAlways

Postby AngelsBabyAlways » Wed May 30, 2001 2:53 pm

Yes I do think she would still be successful. She talks about him so much because she's in love with him. Thats what happens when you are in love... that person is always on your mind. I guess you wouldn't know that...

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Thu May 31, 2001 4:16 am

So all those that don't talk about their relationships are not in love? She's a singer and the only thing she has to talk is about music. There are things that you must keep private and if you don't do it is because speaking about that has a second porpose

AngelsBabyAlways

Postby AngelsBabyAlways » Thu May 31, 2001 1:45 pm

I never said that nobody else has ever been in love, but that is what happens... you can't help it when you're that crazy about someone. It doesn't matter if you haven't heard any other famous people talk about their relationships. She wanted to be honest with her fans.

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Thu May 31, 2001 1:57 pm

and now she wants her fans to butt out of her personal life...lol...

publicity....publicity....*yawn*publicity

this topic is so passe.

(Edited by pinkGLAM at 4:16 pm on May 31, 2001)

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Sat Jun 02, 2001 8:36 am

yeah, it's all publicity and that's ok because they have to sell records. But that makes jessica a hypocrite. Fans are blinded

AngelsBabyAlways

Postby AngelsBabyAlways » Sat Jun 02, 2001 8:40 am

Blah, Blah, Blah..... you're sooo sad.....

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Sat Jun 02, 2001 9:19 am

Nop, I'm really happy, lol...
Triskas de tía

(Edited by Nasty Kisses at 4:19 pm on June 2, 2001)

AngelsBabyAlways

Postby AngelsBabyAlways » Sat Jun 02, 2001 11:27 am

If you don't like these people then why do you spend so much time insulting them? It's pathetic...... Do you have nothing better to do with your life? I guess not.

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Sat Jun 02, 2001 1:33 pm

AngelsBabyAlways Posted on 12:27 pm on June 2, 2001 : ...If you don't like these people then why do you spend so much time insulting them?  It's pathetic...... Do you have nothing better to do with your life? I guess not....

you know AngelsBabyAlways, that question also applies to fans who praise her & defend her.

it's pathetic that fans/non-fans have nothing better to do but from what i've seen of Nasty Kisses site, she display great talent in HTML coding which is not easy to accomplish.

you should except the fact that everyone is not going to see things 'eye to eye'.

no need for name calling, even if someone else instigated.

(Edited by pinkGLAM at 7:58 pm on June 2, 2001)

Return to “Jessica Simpson”