Advanced Member

Jessica Simpson Q&A

Postby deb » Wed Jun 13, 2001 7:58 pm

--------------------------------
Jessica Simpson: test 1
Moderator: test 2

Anonymous: FINAL TEST

Jessica Simpson: test 1

leah: I just wanna say your so amazing and i really look up to you in everything! i wanted to know who are your influences and why? thanks so much

Jessica Simpson: Hi! My biggest influence would be Celine Dion or Mariah Carrey and also Cece Winans, a gospel singer. I just love their voices and love the way they sound.

Jessica Simpson: Hi! My biggest influence would be Celine Dion or Mariah Carrey and also Cece Winans, a gospel singer. I just love their voices and love the way they sound.

Cindy: I saw on a poll that it said that you and Nick Lachey borke up. Is that true?

Jessica Simpson: Yes, it is true that NIck and I aren't together, he's actually here in L.A. today with me. We talk everyday. And that's basically where it's at right now.

Renée: What is the hardest part of your job, putting aside the fact that you don't get to see your family as often as you'd wish to?

Matt: This is kind of a personal question, and I know women can get embrassed about it, but what is your waist size? Have you changed physically from working at the gym and dancing for your new video?

Jessica Simpson: Thanks for being my number 1 fan, I appreciate that. We're going to be doing some video footage actually of the tour. That'll all be live. Hopefully soon.

Kate: I really admire your standards of not having sex before marriage! You are a really great example to other girls out there who can look up to you, and you have kept to your promise. Thanks Jess and God Bless ya!

Jessica Simpson: Thank you so much for your support. The reason I came out with that when I did was because I'd seen so many young girls who hadn't saved themselves and were getting into trouble. You wanted them to know that I may be a person in the entertainment business but I can still wait to have sex and hopefully that would encourage them.

Melina (sweetstuff): Jess I love the duet you did with Marc Anthony!!! I played that for my b-friend, and he loved it!! I think it is a beautiful song!! How did it feel being in love with him for like 6 hours? HeHe!! Love a girl!! Your the best!!

Jessica Simpson: Tell her THanks! I appreciate that, yes it was great working with that. Being in love with him for 6 hours was fun and then he left and went home to his wife and new baby. He's a great person an amazing talent too. He's hilarious and funny, he keeps us laughing the home time. So talented. I really love Mark's work. He's actually the one who approached me about doing the duet.

Jenni: Hey Jessica. I was just wondering are you going to make a Christian CD and if so when is coming out?

Jessica Simpson: You know, no. Every one of my albums I make I'll always do some kind of a tribute to my spirituality but as far as making a straight religious record, probably not but you never know what the future holds.

Michelle: Hey Jessica! I love your new album, its really awesome. I was wondering if you actually knew that you were going to be a famous singer and if you ever told anyone?

Jessica Simpson: I always kind of knew in the back of my mind that....I always knew I would be a singer and do it professionaly. I didn't really tell anybody except for my parents. They encouraged me. They're the ones who helped me to open doors. My mom sings and my dad was very theatrical, he went to school on a drama scholarship.

brenda: What is your favorite song from the a;bum and why.

Jessica Simpson: Hi Brenda, my favourite song is, I have two, I love Hot Like Fire because it's a song with a lot of attitude and was really fun to record, the second song is When You Told Me You Love Me, I really base that on a situation of a friend of mine who's parents are divorced. I like the emotion behind that song.

Michelle: HI Jessica! I just want you to know that I love your new album and I want to know how you feel being compared to other pop queens (britney, christina)?

Jessica Simpson: You know, I know that's going to happen because we're blond, but I think if you listen to our records you'll hear the differences. When I hear Christina I don't think of Britney. We all have something different and distinct to offer. Just because we're younger and we have blond hair, people will always compare us because we're pop singers.

diane: Hi, jessica I just want to say that you are my idol and I was wondering how I would go about getting into the music business because I am a wanna be singer.And how is nick.p.s. you are the best singer ever and so is nick.

Jessica Simpson: Sure! My advice to people out there trying to make it in the music business...just sing at every music opportunity they have - church, school, get in front of the public and sing. Also, take vocal lessons because if they're going to be a singer they have to learn how to sing properly so that you don't hurt yourself and that you can have a long career. It's important..never to strain your voice, certain notes I sing from my diaphram because if I sang them from my throat I'd hurt my vocal chords. You can get vocal nodes on your chords.

Judy: I know what I think the major differences between 'Sweet Kisses' and 'Irresistible' are but how do you think you had grown and matured from the last album to this one?

Jessica Simpson: I think I've grown vocally because I've grown up, the music has a little more edge, In this album, I tell guys off a little bit, I have more attitude, in Sweet Kisses it was all about love and first love which is great but this one has a little more edge. I'm not dealing with just love I'm dealing with heartbreak. The real stuff.

amanda: jess, are you going to be touring in michigan?

Jessica Simpson: I'm not sure, probably, I'm going to be all over the U.S., keep up with our website, jessicacentral.com, jessicasimpson.com, they'll have all the dates posted as soon as everything gets settled. Overseas and Canada? Check the website, I'm going to be in Europe and Japan for the next three weeks. I'll be doing all kinds of shows over there. TV shows and festivals.

Jordan Koupiaris: What's a typical day before a concert for you?

Jessica Simpson: If I'm on tour then I will be on the bus, have driven all night long, usually I get up and go to work out. Then I just hang out, relax before everything happens. Then I usually have to do some radio promotions, and meet the fans and then I perform. I always do vocal warm-ups, wall push-ups and sing while I'm doing that and then we always pray as a group, me and all the dancers.

darson simair : What were your inspirations for this album jessica

Jessica Simpson: I had a lot of different inspirations on different songs. Going through a lot of interesting things in my life, I take [experiences from] my own life, a lot of it came from Nick, my friends, my parents. I think in order to get it out right, I have to get myself in that situation and figure out how I would feel. [In order to get in touch with emotion of song.]

cathy: HI youre a great singer keep up the work! l was wondering where you see yourself in 5 years?

Jessica Simpson: Hi! Thanks for the compliment, I think I see myself in five years just doing what I'm doing, I want to continue to sing, I want my career to continue to grow. I want to do some movies. Maybe be married and have a child but I still see myself in the business for sure.

Anu: what is the biggest lesson that you have learned in your life??

Jessica Simpson: Wow, that's a big question. I think just to be happy, no matter what the circumstances. I believe in really finding peace within yourself. Somethings aren't always the way you want them to be but you can always get through it. I think just to trust your label, really trust the people around you that they have your best interests at heart.

Jessica Simpson: Good bye to everybody. Thanks for coming online. I wish I could answer eveyone's questions. Go to jessicacentral.com. Thanks for coming out and being my fans. Hope you like my album, love you guys.

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:05 pm

Thanks for always keeping us updated Deb!

Return to “Jessica Simpson”