N'SYNC's new hit 'POP' stalled at 19 after 4 weeks.

MooseMan
Advanced Member

N'SYNC's new hit 'POP' stalled at 19 after 4 weeks.

Postby MooseMan » Thu Jun 14, 2001 2:38 pm

Jessica's single 'Irresistable' slowed to #18 on billboard's TOP 100 single charts. But the biggest SURPRISE of all is N'SYNC's new hit 'POP' stalled at 19 after 4 weeks. Looks like it's the beginning of the teen pop backlash that everyone's talking about. What do you guys think?

(Edited by MooseMan at 1:39 am on June 15, 2001)

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Thu Jun 14, 2001 4:23 pm

Thanks Serena. You're such a sweetie.<LOL!>

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Thu Jun 14, 2001 4:57 pm

Nsync's song is the biggest sh**
I've listened to in the last... 19 years? It's even worst than Irresistible. I watched tha video this afternoon with my 12 years old sister and we were looking each other like... WTF??!! And when we were sure we had seen the most pathetic thing in this world the last part of the video came with Justin doing something really weird with his mouth and colors around and... and... OMG, what a F***
ing sh**, I can't believe people buy their CD's...

(Edited by Nasty Kisses at 12:04 am on June 15, 2001)

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:17 pm

yeah, i'm not impressed with the 'pop' video.

PlayTheHarlots

Postby PlayTheHarlots » Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:27 pm

Of course, Nasty Kisses. I saw the 'Pop' video with my brother and we both agreed that Nsync was trying way too hard to be 'hardcore.' It's music for young girls and they just won't admit to that. And the only reason why an X amount of TRL voters keep making backstreet boys and nsync #1 on the countdown is that the young girls like the guys, not the music. At least the boyband image fools them into thinking they like the music.

But, I don't really think it's just backlash, but maybe just the fact that some of the young girls are getting old enough and are starting to grow out of their 'phase.' If a song isn't really chart-topping worthy, then it'll show on the charts. Nsync talked about getting respect. Selling millions upon millions of albums and being loved by so many does not incur respect. Many music stars of all genres have a huge tendancy to dramatize their life goals into journeys of exultation. If they really want respect, help the less fortunate with your heart, not just money.
I don't think Nsync, Britney, or the Backstreet Boys will be around for another solid decade because music, in general, is so volatile. They've had their moments and great ones at that. As for Jessica Simpson, at this rate, she probably won't either. I do like her work, but she has to something that will get her above such an undistinguishable crowd.

Wraith
Advanced Member

Postby Wraith » Thu Jun 14, 2001 7:43 pm

Nsync's run so far is not surprising, expected even, because Jive doesn't release singles, so it doesn't have the full power of the chart to boost it the rest of the way to #1. Nsync's only #1 is 'It's Gonna Be Me'. BSB don't have a #1 song. Lack of single chart success has not stopped these groups from being dominate and breaking album first-week records though. For Jessica Simpson, I don't know if there is a single released for her yet. If there is, then it's disappointing, if it's not, then it's also expected, it's hard to get very high on the chart in airplay alone.

deb
Advanced Member

Postby deb » Thu Jun 14, 2001 8:29 pm

nah irresistible single is released june 24th.
i wanna get it.....cause i like the remix with JD and lil bow wow

PlayTheHarlots

Postby PlayTheHarlots » Fri Jun 15, 2001 1:19 am

Jessica's single 'Irresistable' was released back in May.....so yeah, her chart rank isn't very good.

deb
Advanced Member

Postby deb » Fri Jun 15, 2001 5:09 am

nah it wasnt.....go to sonys offical site....release date for irresistible single is june 24th....with a few remixes and dvd stuff.
they released the single after the album cause they wanted people to buy the album first....not like her last album...where as everyone brought the single ' i wanna love u forever' it went platinum and when the album came out no one bought it.
The single hasnt been released yet....june 24th

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Sat Jun 16, 2001 11:11 pm

no, i don't think so. but we do need to get rid of alot of this pop garbage. there's too much and like all you see on mtv is nothing but pop, pop, pop. it's sad what mtv has become. especially the lame ass show trl

PlayTheHarlots

Postby PlayTheHarlots » Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:38 pm

oh fo sho, TRL is lame...it's the newest shiznit...but really, it's the only way so many acts can be seen because they wouldn't normally be seen anywhere else. as far as backlash goes, fans are diggin their own graves by overindulging in overrated pop...And as far as dissing pop acts to point of ridiculousness, it's BEATING A DEAD HORSE........LOL

Return to “Jessica Simpson”