Jessica's Irresisitble Album UPDATE:

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Wed Jun 27, 2001 6:50 pm

It PLUNGED from #12 to #25 on the Billboard album 100 charts. <OUCH!!!> JE---SUS! Lord have mercy! Let the funeral march begins!!!!!

(Edited by MooseMan at 5:53 am on June 28, 2001)

Nasty Kisses

Postby Nasty Kisses » Wed Jun 27, 2001 7:01 pm

I told you, I told you!! It's normal, she was at number 6 the first week because all her fans ran to the stores to get copies of the album. I know it cos I was in her official MB, lol. Some of them bought 5 copies... sad...

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:12 pm

And it's going to keep dropping. Were you expecting it to stay in the top ten? Were you suprised she didn't debut at #1? I'm not. Enough of the disappointment. Jessica does not have the kind of success Brit and Chrissy have. Why are you trying to put her on their level? Yes, if you compare her charts to theirs its a disappoitment. But she has improved greatly from her last record. If you want to talk about a dead singer walking, try Mandy Moore who debut around #35 I think it was selling only 50,000 some albums in her first week.

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:49 pm

I agree ehp03, Jess hasn't done bad, 119k the first week was 19k more than expected.... Debuts like Mandy and Hanson had last year are flops, this to me was just as expected.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:53 pm

i liked both jessica's and mandy's new cd and think they've really grown in their art.........sometimes i think it's all about promotion, even though jessica said she was promoting it like crazy i never saw much of it compard to what u see when brit, c a, or nsync promote.....

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:01 am

they promo'd with radio and in store stuff... Those two aren't popular enough to get magazine covers or major TV coverage like the artists you mentioned.

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:10 am

ouch.....if only i could of been a fly on the wall when they told jessica that :P

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:15 am

EHP03 THATS EASY BECAUSE THATS THE LEVEL SHE WANTS TO BE AT! PLUS FROM HER OWN MOUTH SHE SAID THAT IF HER ALBUM DID WHAT IT IS DOING NOW HER CAREER WOULD BE OVER! IM SORRY BECAUSE I LIKE HER VOICE AND I THINK SHES THE BEST SINGER OUT TODAY! WITH ALL OF THAT SAID HER CAREER IS NOW OVER!

JESSICA R.I.P!!!

I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT MANDY MOORE! HOWEVER LIKE IT OR NOT HER SALES DO NOT MATTER! SHE HAS A CONTRACT WITH MTV! SO IT WASNT AS IMPORTANT FOR HER TO DO WELL!

ALSO ITS NOT AS MUCH THE PLACE THAT THESE PEOPLE DEBUT AT THAT WERE TALKING ABOUT! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THERE INABILITY TO EITHER HOLD THERE SPOT OR RISE FROM IT! NEITHER OF WHICH JESSICA HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO!

I WOULD LOVE TO SAY R.I.P TO MANDY BUT BECAUSE OF HER CONTRACT WITH MTV THAT MAKES IT IMPOSIABLE TO DO SO! UNLESS ONCE THEY GO BACK TO NYC AFTER THIS SUMMER THEY FIRE MANDY! UNTIL THAT HAPPENS SHE ISNT GOING ANYWHERE EVEN IF SHE SHOULD HAVE ALONG TIME AGO!

RENEE YOUR NOT GOING TO SEE THAT EITHER! NO RECORD COMPANY IS GOING TO PUT IN ALOT OF MONEY INTO A ARTIST THAT HASNT PROVEN TO BE A WINNER! SHE DID GET I THOUGHT A PRETTY DECENT AMOUNT OF COVERAGE ON MTV!

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:57 pm

'EHP03 THATS EASY BECAUSE THATS THE LEVEL SHE WANTS TO BE AT!'

That doesn't mean shes on their level.

Her career is not over. It's only been improving. Your expecting too much from her.

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:32 pm

ehp03 i'm guilty for that too, i expected more out of this album :(

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Thu Jun 28, 2001 10:03 pm

[quote]Quote: from ehp03 on 5:12 am on June 28, 2001[br]And it's going to keep dropping. Were you expecting it to stay in the top ten? Were you suprised she didn't debut at #1? I'm not. Enough of the disappointment. Jessica does not have the kind of success Brit and Chrissy have. Why are you trying to put her on their level? Yes, if you compare her charts to theirs its a disappoitment. But she has improved greatly from her last record. If you want to talk about a dead singer walking, try Mandy Moore who debut around #35 I think it was selling only 50,000 some albums in her first week.

ehp, why are you keep defending this woman who has very little singing talent to go to? Granted that her last album sold 3 million copies largely to do w/her alliance with Nick Lachey and 98 degrees. Even though it took almost 2 years for the album to get to that goal, but according to music industry standards, it's a disapointment. The reason why I criticized jessica because she spends too much time earning browning points to parents in Middle America on about how important is in being a virgin and less emphasis on her talent. Now I'm not knocking on her of being a virgin, she's has that right. But  for her of using her virginity on her ex-boyfriend Nick like a guiena pig by saying that you can have a relationship w/ out the pressuring of having sex,is wrong-headed. I and few others said it here a few months back that this relationship was headed for trouble, and you Jess-fans slammed me for it. Well, I told you so what's going to happened didn't I? I sure that Nick will find someone not only really cares for him, and not tried to 'p-whipped' him to her wishes. And remember, making relationships work are a two-way street not one way.

(Edited by MooseMan at 9:06 am on June 29, 2001)

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Thu Jun 28, 2001 11:29 pm

'ehp, why are you keep defending this woman who has very little singing talent to go to?'

I defend my opinion. I'm not always on Jessica's side. Btw, I believe she does have talent.

'The reason why I criticized jessica because she spends too much time earning browning points to parents in Middle America on about how important is in being a virgin and less emphasis on her talent.'

Yes, she talks about her virginity too much. But many times shes often asked about it.

'But for her of using her virginity on her ex-boyfriend Nick like a guiena pig by saying that you can have a relationship w/ out the pressuring of having sex,is wrong-headed.'

She wasn't using Nick as a guiena pig. And she HAS proven that you can have a relationship which does not include sex.

'I and few others said it here a few months back that this relationship was headed for trouble, and you Jess-fans slammed me for it. Well, I told you so what's going to happened didn't I?'

No they're not together at the moment. But both have made it clear that this is a temporary break. Their relationship is not in trouble. They're simply taking some time apart.

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Thu Jun 28, 2001 11:48 pm

[ I defend my opinion. I'm not always on Jessica's side. Btw, I believe she does have talent.

You don't defend someone or something based solely on opinions, you based on facts. Jessica has very little talent and I'm sorry. Unless she's improves her ability in her music, won't last in this business very long. And that's a fact!

'Yes, she talks about her virginity too much. But many times shes often asked about it.'

Wrong! In many interviews she did she brought on it first. That's why reporters kept asking the virginity issue to her. That's why you don't see Britney and Christina(Oh, heck, scratch her off the virginity list) talk about it that much.

'She wasn't using Nick as a guiena pig. And she HAS proven that you can have a relationship which does not include sex.'

Not with the preacher dad of hers looking behind their shoulder just to make sure there's no hanky-panky going on.

No they're not together at the moment. But both have made it clear that this is a temporary break. Their relationship is not in trouble. They're simply taking some time apart.[/quote]

And you didn't check the latest report that confirmed the breakup? Hello! check e-online.com for the latest.

It's all based on facts; Not opinions.

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Fri Jun 29, 2001 12:28 am

EHP03 AS FAR AS PEFORMANCE WISE GOES I AGREE 100% SHES IMPROVED ALOT AND THE ALBUM IS ALSO A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

NONE OF THAT MATTERS IF YOU CANT SELL! SHE FOR WHAT EVER REASON JUST CANT SELL!

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Fri Jun 29, 2001 3:41 pm

'You don't defend someone or something based solely on opinions, you based on facts. Jessica has very little talent and I'm sorry. Unless she's improves her ability in her music, won't last in this business very long. And that's a fact!'

'Jessica has very little talent.' <---That is an opinion NOT a fact. I CAN defend somone based solely on opinion. If my opinion is she has talent, I will defend her when you say she doesn't have talent. If my opinion is shes hypocritical, I will not defend her when you say shes hypocritical. I'm defending my opinion.

'Wrong! In many interviews she did she brought on it first. That's why reporters kept asking the virginity issue to her. That's why you don't see Britney and Christina(Oh, heck, scratch her off the virginity list) talk about it that much.'

Jessica did not bring it on first. She wrote a song on her debut album called 'Heart of Innocence' which talks about her vow to remain a virgin untill marriage. Since she wrote this song, of course, she was asked about the meaning behind it which brought up her stance on virginity. I'm not saying shes never brought it up voluntarily but she didn't first bring it up and many times shes often asked about it.

'Not with the preacher dad of hers looking behind their shoulder just to make sure there's no hanky-panky going on.'

Her dad is not always around. If she wanted to get away with 'hanky-panky,' she could have.

'And you didn't check the latest report that confirmed the breakup? Hello! check e-online.com for the latest.

It's all based on facts; Not opinions.'

E-online's story is based on gossip. That is why it was in the gossip column.

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Sat Jun 30, 2001 8:18 pm

<<e-online's story is based on gossip. That's why it was in the gossip column.>>

Then explain why every media outlets besides e-online are saying they broke up ehp? Can you explain that theory to me? Gossips these days can shed some truths of what's going on with the stars behind close doors, and Jess and Nick's situation are no exceptions.

(Edited by MooseMan at 7:19 am on July 1, 2001)

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Sat Jun 30, 2001 9:19 pm

I never denied that they weren't together. I'm saying, it's a temporary break. Concerning the rumors about cheating etc, your right, sometimes there is some truth behind gossip. But the gossip is usually consistent.

(Edited by ehp03 at 3:37 am on July 1, 2001)

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Sat Jun 30, 2001 10:25 pm

[quote]Quote: from ehp03 on 8:19 am on July 1, 2001[br]I never denied that they weren't together. I'm saying, it's a temporary break. Concerning the rumors about cheating etc, your right, sometimes there is some truth behind gossip. But the gossip is usually consistent.

If you believe that they're taking a 'temporary break', then you just got suckered by their 'PR Director' by them doing the oldest trick in the book when dealing with the press. It's called 'Spin Doctoring'.

(Edited by MooseMan at 9:27 am on July 1, 2001)

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Sun Jul 01, 2001 1:00 pm

Quote: from MooseMan on 4:25 am on July 1, 2001[br]
If you believe that they're taking a 'temporary break', then you just got suckered by their 'PR Director' by them doing the oldest trick in the book when dealing with the press. It's called 'Spin Doctoring'.

I don't believe that's the case here. We'll see in time.

Return to “Jessica Simpson”