Ashlee Simpson update

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:52 pm

Just thought you guys would like an update on Ashlee.

She's been doing a movie with Rob Schneider titled 'Hot Chick' and having a blast while doing so.

She is also up for a couple of other movies, that start shooting in June, just waiting to see which one is gonna work out the best.

Her music is doing just fine at the moment. More news to be given at a later date.

She has a boyfriend who is originally from the Texas/Oklahoma area but living in the LA area. Sorry, no name to be given out.

Thats about it for now.

-Jess' Wingman (JSMB moderator)

Size4BlondieNYC

Postby Size4BlondieNYC » Wed May 01, 2002 11:59 pm

There is a VERY extensive actor/crew list available for this movie, called 'The Hot Chick' - which is actually an Adam Sandler movie . . . but Ashlee Simpson's name is nowhere to be found. Apparently, she's just an extra.

The second a movie goes into production, all information is released. Even though the information can be listed as 'IN (PRE-)PRODUCTION,' the actors' names are all listed. My point is that the same applies for Jessica Simpson. All of these movies she says that are in the works . . . her name isn't listed in any of them. This means that she, too, is an extra.

The only exception to this rule is if the extra is a big star - sort of like Mariah Carey was in that 'Bachelor' movie, where her part was only about 30 seconds long. Of course they're going to list her name! But frankly, about 80% of the population has no idea who Jessica Simpson is (since she gets zero radio play, MTV/VH1 play, no publicity, her photos are only in teen magazines, her CD's usually aren't even stocked at CD stores, etc.), so they just don't bother.

I only know who she is because my friend went to church with her! lol I'd say she fizzled out, but the truth is . . . she was never a true star to begin with. Not everybody has charisma.

She's got a nice tan & great hair extensions, but there's not much else TO her. She's no Whitney Houston. She has no staying power - and the proof's in the pudding.

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Thu May 02, 2002 6:11 pm

I'm not sure whats up with making movies. As for 80% of the population not knowing her, well, she's not a household name, no, but if your a teen, most likely, you know who she is. Right now she's receiving zero radio/air play because shes in between albums. But shes appeared on mtv plenty of times in the past including trl 8 times, fanatic, making the video, snowed in, spring break, aids special, hotzone twice, etc. And she's recieved regular airplay too. At one point Irresistible was the #2 most played song on radio. I Wanna Love You Forver was number one on billboard for six weeks in a row. Her cds are stocked at stores. Not to mention some other career highlights which include singing for both pres bush and clinton. Also, entertaining our troops in afghanistan. Not much to her? Have you heard her sing?

(Edited by ehp03 at 12:47 am on May 3, 2002)

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Fri May 03, 2002 12:52 pm

Quote: from ehp03 on 12:11 am on May 3, 2002[br]I'm not sure whats up with making movies. As for 80% of the population not knowing her, well, she's not a household name, no, but if your a teen, most likely, you know who she is. Right now she's receiving zero radio/air play because shes in between albums. But shes appeared on mtv plenty of times in the past including trl 8 times, fanatic, making the video, snowed in, spring break, aids special, hotzone twice, etc. And she's recieved regular airplay too. At one point Irresistible was the #2 most played song on radio. I Wanna Love You Forver was number one on billboard for six weeks in a row. Her cds are stocked at stores. Not to mention some other career highlights which include singing for both pres bush and clinton. Also, entertaining our troops in afghanistan. Not much to her? Have you heard her sing?

(Edited by ehp03 at 12:47 am on May 3, 2002)
Wrong emily! 'I will love you forever' never did hit #1 on the Billboard chart as you claim. It only made it up to#3 and her last single Iresistible only made it to #20 which is considered a dud! Also all those events and special she'd appeared does not necessary make her superstar. Get a clue emily, SHE'S DONE!

(Edited by MooseMan at 11:53 pm on May 3, 2002)

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Fri May 03, 2002 3:32 pm

IWLYF was number one. Jessica said it herself and when she appeared on donnie and marie, they said it too. And besides that, it went platinum. I'm talking about how Irresistible did with radio, not on billboard. I didn't say that all those appearances made her a superstar, I pointed them out because blondie said that she's never on mtv.

(Edited by ehp03 at 9:34 pm on May 3, 2002)

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Sat May 04, 2002 5:40 pm

Quote: from ehp03 on 2:32 am on May 4, 2002[br]IWLYF was number one. Jessica said it herself and when she appeared on donnie and marie, they said it too. And besides that, it went platinum. I'm talking about how Irresistible did with radio, not on billboard. I didn't say that all those appearances made her a superstar, I pointed them out because blondie said that she's never on mtv.

(Edited by ehp03 at 9:34 pm on May 3, 2002)
Oh you took on what Jessica had said eh that IWLYF hit #1?....I'll bring in my update 'Billboard history of #1 hits' and I'll give you the scoop. BTW, every artists in the industry will testify that their success dosn't necessary measured by rotational airplay on radio or MTV (which is fine) But, they go by sales of their albums...BIG BUCKS! MOOLA! Money! That will tell you the success of the artist. And Jessica knows it all well ;)

Return to “Jessica Simpson”