SELF MAGAZINE

kiki

Postby kiki » Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:47 pm

The article is called Emotional rescue. It goes on to talk about Jess and her moms close bond and how to get some mom and daughter time they spent a weekend at the Mystique Spa in the Century Plaza Hotel in L.A. 'and quote' 'My mom has always been there for me and being able to take time out of our schedules to spend it together is great... She also tlks about her fear in the next year she is gong to write most of her new album and that to her very knew she also talks about being engaged to Nick. and tina says no matter what Jess'schoices are I'm 100% behind her.. ou guys got to read it it's soo custe and they look so sweet in the spa woorl pool...Much LOve.....KIKI...

JessandNick

Postby JessandNick » Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:49 pm

Quote: from kiki on 12:47 am on April 4, 2002[br]The article is called Emotional rescue. It goes on to talk about Jess and her moms close bond and how to get some mom and daughter time they spent a weekend at the Mystique Spa in the Century Plaza Hotel in L.A. 'and quote' 'My mom has always been there for me and being able to take time out of our schedules to spend it together is great... She also tlks about her fear in the next year she is gong to write most of her new album and that to her very knew she also talks about being engaged to Nick. and tina says no matter what Jess'schoices are I'm 100% behind her.. ou guys got to read it it's soo custe and they look so sweet in the spa woorl pool...Much LOve.....KIKI...

Who is on the cover?
What is the date of issue?

Can you type out the whole interview?

I appreciate for the general part, but I want the full details. Please!

kiki

Postby kiki » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:04 pm

It's called self and it's the april2002 addition.. If I get in the time next couple of days I will....it's on page 168

michelleluvs98d

Postby michelleluvs98d » Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:58 am

Quote: from kiki on 4:04 am on April 4, 2002[br]It's called self and it's the april2002 addition.. If I get in the time   next couple of days  I will....it's on page 168
Who is on the cover?

NYMetsFanNYC

Postby NYMetsFanNYC » Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:26 pm

Oh god not another album the last one bombed give it up JESSICA YOUR A SELL OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WHEN SHE SOLD OUT SHE LOST MOST OF HER FAN BASE SHE NEEDS TO JUST GO AWAY !!!!!!!! GO WORK OUT

kiki

Postby kiki » Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:37 pm

First of all our Toronto blue jays are going to kick your ass secondly if I wanted to listen to an ass I would fart!!!LOLLOL!!!

ehp03
Advanced Member

Postby ehp03 » Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:01 pm

I just found the article:

It's 8 am and Jessica Simpson, 21 and her mother, Tina Simpson, 42 are walking down a hall in Los Angles's luxurious Century Plaza Hotel wearing nothing but matching white terry cloth bathrobes and flip-flops, 'I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't have on heels,' Jessica says, 'Even my sandals have heels.' The younger Simpson wraps her arm around Mom's waist as the two step into the elevator and head 17 floors down to Spa Mystiquee, the newest and largest urban sanctuary to hit Los Angeles. (SELF'S judges deemed it a Day Spa Award winner--see page 174).

The Simpson women don't get to spend much time together these days. With Jessica usually either on tour or holed up in a recording studio, they can be hard-pressed to fit in dinner or a movie each week. 'And when we go out, people are always staring, whispering or asking me for autographs,' says Jessica. So, in search of some quality time together, the two cleared their PalmPilots for a solid day and night of mother-daughter bonding--and pampering. 'Spas are one of the few places where you can get total privacy,' says Jessica, a Texas native. 'We can let our guard down, be totally real with each other and not worry about anything else in the world.' Tina agrees, 'It's such an intimate setting; it's just us in our bathrobes. We can do all the mother-daughter girly stuff, like holding hands and giggling, that we don't get to do when others tag along.'

After warming up with pedicures complete with a skin-softening paraffin wax dip, the duo slip out of their robes and beneath cotton sheets for a side-by-side Bamboo Awakening, a 60-minute deep-tissue massage that begins wih a brisk bamboo and whisking and ends with a 10 strong knuckles simultaneously working all the stress and tension out of every muscle. 'That was absolutely wonderful,' sighs Jessica afterward. Her mother echoes the sentiment. 'It felt so good, we couldn't even talk to each other.' Inspired by the idea that massage could be a great postworkout treat, Jessica and Tina vow to start exercising together. 'We're going to go to the gym with each other from now on, because I know if my mother doesn't workout with me, she's not going to do it,' says Jessica.

After downing turkey wraps and salads poolside at Cafe Mystique, Jessica and Tina indulge in the spa's signature offering, the Akasuri. Inspired by a Korean bathing tradition, the treatment includes exfoliation--to slough off dry skin on the body--and an application of warm oil.'I just kept thinking of Mom the whole time, because you have to stand there naked when they pour water over you and she's pretty modest,' says Jessica, 'I warned her about it before she went in.'

As their day of indulgence winds down, mother and daughter retire to their suite to catch an episode of NBC's Fear Factor. Instead, they get to talking. 'I think the spa left us feeling so revitalized, we started discussing the future and what we want to accomplish in the coming year,' says Tina. 'I began telling my mother about all these fears I have now,' says Jessica, 'I'm writing some songs for my new album, and I'm scared that I'm going to be shot down--by my label or fans or whomever. But I want to do things my way this year,' she asserts.

Even as the former ten star grows up (she's engaged to 98 Degrees front man Nick Lachey), her mother is still behind her 100 percent. During a show at Madison Square Garden, Jessica's pant split midsong. Mortified, she backed off stage. Tina did what any loving mom would do: She took her pants off and gave them to her daughter, who returned to the stage to finish the song. 'My mom has always been there for me,' says Jessica. 'And spending time with her at the spa reminded me of that.'

And here's a pic:
angelfire.com/pop2/simpsonjessica/images/JessTinaSELF.jpghttp://www.angelfire.com/pop2/simpsonjessi...essTinaSELF.jpg

(Edited by ehp03 at 10:14 pm on April 5, 2002)

Return to “Jessica Simpson”