Mariah's attitude

jennifer

Postby jennifer » Tue Oct 31, 2000 12:18 pm

I'm just curious if anyone has any insight to help me understand her attitude. It seems to me that she is awesome with her fans, and completely rude to other performers and people in the music biz. Someone please let me know if Im wrong!

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Wed Nov 01, 2000 11:03 pm

Yes, you're right about one thing! Mariah is totally sweet with her fans! All of those rumors in the tabloids, are just that..RUMORS! I don't think you should pay any attention to those.

jennifer

Postby jennifer » Wed Nov 01, 2000 11:07 pm

That's cool--Yeah I always here about her doing nice things for her fans. I love her music--but you always hear about her attitude with other singers.

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Thu Dec 21, 2000 11:28 pm

I met both Mariah & Christina online, FOR REAL, there were times that Mariah seemed preoccupied but she always had a nice way of asking me to chat with her later, Mariah very much wanted to meet Christina, so far they haven't met. Christina has proved that those rumors that the reasons she was 'dropped' from the Divas billed were because 'Mariah was intimated by her voice' are BS. Christina's management said she couldn't attend because she had already booked for SNL, I believe them because has done this often, turning down Pres. Clinton for MTV on New Year for example: also I don't think Mariah is intimidated by anyone's voice especially one of her saplings. Mariah is very sweet to her fans & since over 60% of new artist idolized Mariah, and they older ones ARE fans I don't think she has any reason to be cruel to any of them. Of course when it comes to Jennifer Lopez & Celine Dion, she has her reasons! Mariah is the Aretha of the next century, even if she only gets 1/4 of the credit she deserves performers of today still look up to her.

tatuthiz

Postby tatuthiz » Thu Jan 18, 2001 12:37 am

My father grew up with her husband and one nite they were all hanging out in FL and Mariah wanted to watch Boys Don't Cry so they sent a security guard to find it and when he couldn't she went crazy........some people are just like that, plus all the pressure she's under.
I LOVE YOU MARIAH!!!!!!!!!!!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Thu Mar 29, 2001 1:00 pm

what is the reason behind the celine dion and jennifer lopez tension?

MARILYN MONROE 2001

Postby MARILYN MONROE 2001 » Tue May 08, 2001 1:01 am

I THINK MARIAH IS ONE OF THE MOST APPRECIATIVE PEOPLE I HAVE EVER SEEN. SHE'S VERY GRATEFUL OF HER FANS, AND THANKFUL FOR ALL HER SUCCESS. NOT MANY ENTERTAINERS IN THE WORLD ARE THAT KIND TO NORMAL PEOPLE. SOME ARE REALLY STUCK UP, BUT FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD, MARIAH IS A ABSOLUTE DOLL.
BEUATIFUL INSIDE AND OUT. I LOVE YOU MARIAH!

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Wed Jul 04, 2001 7:51 am

Both Celine Don & Jennifer Lope were modeled after Mariah, proudcers/stylists -wise. I'd be pissed to if my record company gave me little support on my ideas, but then turn around a gives them to someone else, Jennifer, as for Celine Mariah didn't really have much of a problem until Celine started to get more attention, which is odd because Celine is not on the parent company, Columbia.

It's been reported often that Mariah leaves the room during Celine's performances (big deal) and Mariah had this to say about Jennifer after Sony dubbed her debut album as the 'Latin-Mariah-can':

'She's a dancer, isn't she?' 'She lip-synched Selena's vocals, you know.'  'I don't think that as a singer, we're in the same category as artists.'

Return to “Mariah Carey”