When You Believe
Honey
Hero

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:54 am

I love all of Mariah's songs so this will take awhile:

Mariah Carey
Everything my least favorites are: There's Got To Be A Way & All In Your Mind TGTBAW has a very positive message and great vocals I use to love it a lot.
AIYM is a really funny song but great vocals & I used to listen to it just for the ending.

My old favorite used to be Vanishing, which is Christina's too, I used to perform it every chance I got but over that last few years find myself skipping it, it was the first song Mariah produced (& only on this album)

My never-ending faves are Vision Of Love, Love Takes Time, Alone In Love, Sent From Up Above, and if it counts Don't Play That Song For Me (live)

I think Mariah should have re-recorded Prisoner for the Butterfly album.

Emtions
Least faves: The Wind but the lyrics make up for it and when you learn to appreciate old Soul, it's beautiful, Chris claimed it one of her best songs in his books on her.

My favorite song from this album used to be And You Don't Remember, but I've been skipping that one too. Christina's Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti reminds me of this song vocal arrangement wise, and it's interesting because in English they have very similar titles (But [Then] I Remember You) and themes.

My favorite song of the last 5 years, it actually one I use to dislike, 'Till The End of Time' Christina's Somebody's Somebody reminds me of this song vocal arrangement wise, also part of my fascination with both songs was the disappointing ending. I could picture the next note beautifully, but instead I got this sharp almost flat bland note, and then a reprise where the enchanting notes continued to flow.

My never-ending faves would have to be Can't Let Go, So Cold, To Be Around You, and If It's Over, because it took me the whole sixth grade to learn to properly sing that song.

Keep in mind that I love them all.

MTV Unplugged EP

I love Emotions, Vision Of Love (Trey & Patrick were great, and I'll Be There

Least faves would have to be Make It Happen, on account that that Island -Gospel blend wasn't working for me, but David & Walter sounded good on the piano

And you have to give it up for Someday because it was there in which Mariah introduced Kelly (The Price Sisters) to the world.

That's all for now.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Jan 08, 2001 12:55 am

All In Your Mind was one of my favourites and still is. I also love Prisoner. Forgot all about that one.

You don't think that I'll be strong enough
I won't be a prisoner of your love

If you don't think that
I'll be strong enough
I'm not gonna be a prisoner
of your love
I hear ya lying denying
all of your actions
So listen up cuz here's my reaction

Love that part.

Return to “Mariah Carey”