Mariah's New Deal Officially Breaks Record

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 13, 2001 10:11 pm

It's official: Mariah Carey's new record deal with Virgin has indeed set the record for most money per album ever paid to a musical act. Previously, Janet Jackson and R.E.M. were tied for first place, with each receiving 20 million per album in their most recent contracts. Now, the NEW YORK DAILY NEWS reveals that Mariah will get 23.5 million per ALBUM from Virgin, and the deal is for five albums (117.5 million), including the soundtrack to her upcoming movie ALL THAT GLITTERS.

Becky

Postby Becky » Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:57 pm

Whoo...that's a lot of green :)

When is the movie going to come out?

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 19, 2001 7:13 pm

Not sure...

I heard Janet Jackson is mad because Mariah is getting more money than her now. They are both on the same label, so I guess Janet is afraid that they will make Mariah priority...

Janet denies it though

islandgirl01

Postby islandgirl01 » Wed Apr 25, 2001 11:33 pm

I don't get it, why is she getting all that money? She hasn't come out with anything new since 2 years ago! She sings like a dolphin, come on Mariah, you suck! Janet should get twice what she gets, she's a better artist, she's been around for a while, and when she comes out with anything new, it's almost always a number one. She knows what she's doing and she's respected for it.
I used to like Mariah, but she's gotten so cheesy. Yeah, 'lets take more clothes off, I'm not getting the attention I need!'

Aeriel

Postby Aeriel » Fri Apr 27, 2001 10:12 pm

Janet is all plastics, especially her face. And her shoulder looks too manly. She should cover up. She doesn't look like the old Janet anymore, cause of the nose surgery she had. I can't hardly see her eyeballs cause she has too much eye make up on. Her choragraphy is great, but her song sucks. As for her voice it's okay. It kind of sound like Michael Jackson though. As for Mariah, she's got it all, so why not show it before it's gone. Her voice is the best out of all the Divas. She can tone it high and then low. She's got it all. She's beautiful, sexy, gorgeous. And not just that, she also has a good heart. She does alot for her fans, and she helps out in charity. And talkin about Mariah gone for two yrs. Janet was gone for more than two yrs, before she even started cutting another album, and starred in The Nutty Proffesor. Mariah deserve the deal, she works hard for it, and she earn it!

Return to “Mariah Carey”