MARIAH AND JERMAINE REUNITE

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Thu Feb 28, 2002 5:52 pm

MARIAH AND JERMAINE REUNITE

Mariah Carey is turning to Jermaine Dupri and his Atlanta-based So So Def Recordings for guidance in regards to her future in the music business. Dupri recently confided to Chicago's B96 that he is gearing up to work with Carey on one or more tracks for her upcoming album. The hip-hop entrepreneur, who made mention that Carey is far more than damaged goods, believes that she will get signed to another recording contract in the near future.
'She's still good,' he said. Dupri continued by saying 'She's rich, plus she can still sing.' The two have teamed up several times in the past and their collaborations include Carey's 1996 #1 hit 'Always Be My Baby' and 1998's 'Sweetheart' as well as remixes for numerous of the pop superstar's top ten singles including 'Never Forget You' 'Always Be My Baby', 'Honey' and 'My All'.
There is no word on when Carey's next album will be released, but what is known is that she is currently writing material for it. When asked on what it's content will be, Carey said 'I'd like to and I'm going to make an album that reflects what's going on inside me. I can never put my finger on it until it happens. I'm going in a creative direction that's more about healing in terms of the way Butterfly was.' Meanwhile, Carey is currently working together with Music Vision to re-launch her official website, MariahCarey.com.

Many thanks to Mariah Land.

Return to “Mariah Carey”