MARIAH BLAZES DOWN UNDER

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:23 pm

Title: Mariah blazes downunder
Publication: Australian Mariah Carey Fanclub [mariahdownunder.com]
Date: March 12th, 2002
Source: AMCF Member - TiM

DURING February 2001 to the end of January 2002, hundreds of DJ's from all over Australia completed an optional survey based on the most popular songs in R&B, Hip-Hop and 80's Funk Clubs. The DJ's that participated simply recorded every song they played and ranked its popularity among club-goers. The crowd reaction was counted as well as the requests.

According RDJ, Mariah Carey dominated the chart with 20 songs appearing in the Top 200. It was stated in the research report, that Loverboy was one of the very few R&B singles that actually made the mainstream club chart (ARIAnet Club Chart), where the remix spent two weeks in the Top 20, competing against pop, techno and dance tunes. It's a feat R&B tunes rarely achieve.

Other singers with multiple entries into the Top 200 R&B/Hip-Hop/80's Funk chart include Craig David, Mya, Janet Jackson, Sisqo, Dru Hill, Destiny's Child, Shaggy, Aaliyah, 112, City High, Next, P. Diddy, Jennifer Lopez, R. Kelly, Usher, Nelly and Jagged Edge - who actually scored the #1 song with Let's Get Married (Remix). Shaggy's 'It Wasn't Me' and the Fatman Scoop/Crooklyn Clan's collaboration on 'Be Faithful' were ranked at #3 and #5 while Mariah's 'Fantasy' and 'Loverboy' occupied the #2 and #4 positions respectively.

The famous Sydney/Melbourne DJ Ken Walker, who also remixes club-favourites on 2Day FM's 'Jamz' on Monday, Friday and Saturday late-nights, commented on Mariah's diversity; 'She's awesome! She's played in Adult Contemporary Clubs, Dance Clubs, Pop Clubs, 80's Clubs and R&B Joints. There are so many songs that DJ's are willing to play from her and half of them aren't even included in this chart. Her song 'X-Girlfriend' was jammin' at a launch party in Western Sydney a couple of weeks ago.'

Here are all the Mariah songs that appeared in the Top 200 chart; with songs like Last Night A DJ Saved My Life and Sweetheart proving that word-of-mouth is still a key factor in promotion.

2. Mariah Carey (Featuring O.D.B) - Fantasy (Remix)

4. Mariah Carey (Featuring Da Brat & Ludacris) - Loverboy (Remix)

11. Mariah Carey (Featuring Da Brat & Missy Elliot) - Heartbreaker (Remix)

24. Mariah Carey (Featuring Busta Rhymes & Fabulous) - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life

28. Mariah Carey (Featuring Ma$e & The Lox) - Honey (Bad Boy Remix)

33. Mariah Carey & JD - Sweetheart

48. Mariah Carey (Featuring Jay-Z) - Heartbreaker

60. Mariah Carey (Featuring Mystikal) - Don't Stop (Funkin' 4 Jamaica)

79. Mariah Carey (Featuring Bone Thugs N Harmony) - Breakdown (Mo Thugs Remix)

81. Mariah Carey - Didn't Mean To Turn You On

82. Mariah Carey (Featuring Ja Rule & Nate Dogg) - If We (DJ Motto Remix)

99. Michael Jackson V Mariah Carey - Want You Off The Wall

107. Mariah Carey - My All (So So Def Remix)

126. Mariah Carey - All My Life

139. Mariah Carey (Featuring Lil' Bow Wow & JD) - All I Want For Christmas Is You (So So Def Remix)

141. Mariah Carey - Did I Do That?

145. Mariah Carey - Babydoll

176. Mariah Carey (Featuring Snoop Dogg) - Crybaby

182. Mariah Carey & Krayzie Bone - I Still Believe (Damizza Reemix)

198. Joe (Featuring Mariah Carey & Nas) - Thank God I Found You (Remix)

NOTE: Mariah was one of only 3 performers that had two versions of a song in the chart (with Heartbreaker and Heartbreaker Remix). Craig David's Fill Me In and Fill Me In (Full Crew Remix) were at #7 and #14. Jennifer Lopez's I'm Real and I'm Real (Murder Remix) were at #37 and #6 respectively.

Return to “Mariah Carey”