CNBC trasncript

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

CNBC trasncript

Postby Miss Moon » Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:50 pm

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED. CARL, CNBC ANCHOR: He has done it again. After a change of heart and a change of labels, the legendary Clive Davis is back on top with a new organization, a new superstar and a pretty good shot here at yet more Grammy gold.

LIZ CLAMAN, CNBC ANCHOR: The music mogul who, is credited with launching the incredible careers of Janis Joplin, Bruce Springsteen, Whitney Houston and Carlos Santana and many others, barely scraping the surface here, is now savoring success with a new stable of singing sensations including his latest discovery, breakout star Alicia Keys (ph).

CLAMAN: Clive, you have one quick second to make news here. Are you going to pick up Mariah Carey?

DAVIS: No. Mariah Carey I picked up as a friend a number of years ago.

CLAMAN: But not as an artist?

DAVIS: No, not because I don`t think she`s talented. I`ve never done what they call a money deal. When I signed Santana or Aretha or Carly or now Luther it`s to have a creative connection and look forward to bigger heights. Mariah is, not withstanding the last album, one of the best selling artists. It`s a banking deal. I don`t do banking deals.

CLAMAN: Best of luck. We`re thrilled to have you.

DAVIS: Well, thank you.

CKANAB: Clive J. Davis of J Records.

END

(Source: Liz Claman, Carl (?), J Records - Founder & CEO - Interview. , CNBC/Dow Jones Business Video, 02-12-2002.)

Return to “Mariah Carey”