MARIAH AND JERMAINE DUPRI COLLABORATE ON 'DISTANT LOVER'

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:25 pm

MARIAH AND JERMAINE DUPRI COLLABORATE ON 'DISTANT LOVER'
June 21st

Mariah fan Lydia Barr recently ran into Jermaine Dupri in Atlanta, Georgia. Though Dupri was extremely busy at the moment and in a rush to get to his destination, he did stop to answer Lydia's questions regarding Mariah's upcoming album.
Dupri said that the two are currently working on a song titled 'Distant Lover.' He wouldn't give any further information away about the track, but did say that the song was slamming, which will surely add to the allure of Carey's forthcoming project.

'It's hot,' Dupri boasted to MTV about his collaborations with Carey in May. 'We ain't doing nothing different. I just wanted to make sure we kept to the same [familiar sound]. A lot of people don't know I did one of the biggest records she ever had, 'Always Be My Baby.' I wanted to make sure we stuck to that. That's what the fans want.'

Producers DJ Quik, 7 Aurelius, and James Wright, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis have also come forth in recent months to say they've helped with the upcoming Mariah album, to be released on Carey's own yet-to-be-named record label (rumored to be called 'Monarch'), distributed through Universal's Island/Def Jam branch.

MariahLand

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:31 am

anybody knows when her album is due? I can't wait for it....didn't know Dupri had worked on "Always be my baby" it's one of my fav songs but my fav album is definately Butterfly, I cried myself out first time I listened to it...Esp the song "close my eyes"
MC rules and I can't wait for her to be back at the top and see some hypocrit bastards kiss her ass!

what's your favourite album and song by MC?

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:31 am

anybody knows when her album is due? I can't wait for it....didn't know Dupri had worked on "Always be my baby" it's one of my fav songs but my fav album is definately Butterfly, I cried myself out first time I listened to it...Esp the song "close my eyes"
MC rules and I can't wait for her to be back at the top and see some hypocrit bastards kiss her ass!

what's your favourite album and song by MC?[FONT=Times][COLOR=green]

Return to “Mariah Carey”