Get Lifted

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:30 am

:nerd: NO DEATH INVOLVED! *hint*

I watch Kia in her peaceful slumber, her rhythmic breathing calming my nerves a little. It seems like her personal judgement day gets closer by the hour and I really hate that feeling, everything seems so claustraphobic, the walls of the room seem to loom over me. Shes gonna leave me... Sometimes I trick myself into thinking that she isn't gonna go, that shes been mis-diagnosed, that a year and a half of her life has been wasted on unnecessary treatments but I don't care. Because then she doesn't have to leave me.

We can fly so high
In the moonlit sky

I tell her I've come to terms with her imminent death but I haven't, I can't, I refuse to think about it. If she leaves my life, I'm better off dead. But what about Josie? I can't let her lose both parents, its not fair on her, shes only young. And she'll want to learn more about her mother when shes older, who better to answer her questions than me? No I can't go, I can't leave Josie behind. I'll just have to find a way to carry on without her. I close my eyes wanting to get some rest, wanting some escape from the thoughts pounding my head like a sledgehammer. I have to find a way...

Cuz there's no more cloudy days
It's so beautiful
When you feel the flow
We can dance the night away

"Justin." No answer. "Justin?" Silence. "Naked girls."

Oh live it up
We can go crazy
Live it up
You and me baby

"What? Where?" I think I'm awake now. My blurry eyes turn to my right and I see Kia smiling at me. Since when did she start smiling again?

"Justin, Dr. Marlowe has something he'd like to discuss with us"

"Are you smiling Kia?"

"Yes" She answers simply.

"Since when do you smile?" She nudges me weakly in the side, still smiling. And its so damn infectious, she has such a beautiful smile. "So Dr. Marlowe, what did you want to talk to us about? I presume you've already told Kia and its good news"

"I have Mr Timberlake, and indeed it is good-"

"She doesn't have cancer?" Please God...

So does it feel good to you?
I know it feels good to you

"Not quite"

"Oh... Okay"

"Justin, I'd like you to consider us experimenting with your wife"

We don't have worry no more
We don't have to struggle no more

"I'm sorry what?"

"Well there are some tests we'd like to do and-" I was hoping they could save her. Assholes, theres nothing they can do, is there? All of this is so pointless.

"You want to cut my wife up?"

"No, not at all-"

"You can't have her! Shes mine! Don't take her away from me!" I'm stood up at this point shouting. How dare they! This just doesn't make sense...

Let's go raise a toast to the days ahead
You can't take it with you when you're dead
You might as well enjoy it now instead

"Justin, calm down" Nakia sits up, trying to calm me down. "You're more stubborn than a mule sometimes, really." I sit back down but continue to send evil glares at the doctor.

"I don't understand, why are you still smiling?"

"Will you just listen to him Justin?"

"Fine, carry on then doctor"

So we gotta live it up
So we can just celebrate there's no more pain
Raise your glass and feel no shame

"I just want to tell you to not pin all your hopes on this but... we'd like to try a new form of treatment on your wife. On the few we have tried it on, the results have been more than positive"

"You might have a cure for cancer?"

Do you remember when times were hard?
Oh so hard
Through it all
We've come so far

"Not a cure per se but it elongates a patients life dramatically, and it has had positive effects on the cancerous cells. Its a course of injections put straight into the hub of the cancer consisting of antibiotics, steroids and a select few chemicals. We haven't tested it on anyone as..." He pauses, trying to chose his words as carefully as possible, to inflict as little emotional pain as he can. "...as close to the end as your wife, and it is in the experimental stages so there aren't any promises we can make, but we'd like you two to seriously consider it." And with that, he leaves the room.

You know we've been struggling for such a long time
Working here and there just to get by
It's finally time for me to get mine

Nakia turns to me as soon as hes out of the door and states simply: "I want to do it."

"I think it is definately something we should consider"

"Justin, I want to be at Josie's wedding"

"Josie is four, when did she get engaged and how did I miss it?" She smiles again briefly.

"I know I pretend to be strong about our situation and pretend that I'm at peace with it, but really... I'm not. I really really..." She trails off and starts to cry; I hate it when she cries. No one likes to see the love of their life cry, but when you know it takes away so much of the little strength she has left...

"We'll do it then" I say somewhat relieved. I knw he said not to pin our hopes on this but we have so little to lose in doing this: if we don't do it she dies, if it doesn't work she dies, but if it does work... then thank the Lord. "I thought you wanted to give up on the treatments though, not that I'm complaining"

"I'm scared of dying Justin" She confides. "And I'm scared of losing you"

And so there we go, she started treatment later that evening, they seemed pretty keen and pretty positive about it all. And I can't help feeling that way too. I just can't bear to lose her, shes all I have.

We can fly so high
In the moonlit sky
Cuz there's no more cloudy days
It's so beautiful
When you feel the flow
We can dance the night away

Yeah I'm a dork :P I just couldn't take a sad ending right now, so I made up my own happy (if unlikely and unrealistic) one. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiint ;) Oh yeah, Disneyland and fairy dust would appear somewhere in the sequel :lol:

TimberAss

Postby TimberAss » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:27 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

That's so beautiful, Helena!

OMG, you wrote it so well (but it is you :D ). I loved it. Hell, I might even consider it! You're not a dork. :P

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:09 pm

Thank you honey :hug: You're not that untalented yourself :P Although feel free to add it as an alternative ending :lol:

TimberAss

Postby TimberAss » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:11 pm

LOL

It's really that good! I want to add it as the ending now. . . But I had my own ending too. Maybe I should do one of those "choose your ending" things, LOL

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:16 pm

http://visualpalate.typepad.com/visual_palate/images/Holly-thumb.jpghttp://visualpalate.typepad.com/visual_pal...Holly-thumb.jpg *puppydog eyes* *sniff*

Although your proper ending was very powerful, and much better than mine :nod:

TimberAss

Postby TimberAss » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:06 pm

Aw, I wouldn't say all that. My ending kinda sucked because I had everything set up in my head, but when I went to type it out, none of it made sense, LOL. Oh man, I hit my screwed head, lol. :rolleyes:

Return to “Shania Twain”