Brotha Luv

cuddly_angel84

Postby cuddly_angel84 » Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:33 am

I was reading an article in a magazine the other day, and i found it really interesting. It was by Rashad Haughton, aaliyah's big bro. He was tellin bout how he goes into her apartment everyweekend and dreams about her and he can smell her elegance right next to him. and he feels she's right there with him, but then again she's not. every single one of Aaliyah's fans were horrified by the terrible incident that caused her death, and i know ya'll were really upset. so imagine how bad Rashad would have felt when someone he was so close to and loved so deeply got taken away from him. I feel sorry for him man, he's a good person and a good brother, and i hope he lives a happy life further on. I know some of you guys who read this may think i'm really gay and being all mushy n sh**e, but i know how close the relationship between a brother and sister is, and I know i would be hurt real bad if that got taken away from me. anyways peace out.

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:39 pm

I can see how it can be very traumatic. I know I would be the same. Just imagine having someone you love so much, knowing that they are special and just the best, having all these plans for the future and all of a sudden...it's all gone, finish, over and for reasons you can't even begin to understand...

Yeah...It's really sad and hard when you loose a loved one...I still can't get over my Mom's death and it's now 8 years later...believe me it still feels like yesterday.

I rememer when Selena died her husband didn't let anyone touch or move anything from their home for months. The morning she was killed she had taken a shower, gotten ready and eaten half a peanut butter and jelly sandwish with some milk. Well he left everything as it was when she left it, her towel on the bathroom floor, her clothes in the closet, her half eaten sandwish and the milk glass with her lipstick on it, for months they remaind as they where until her family helped him because he was just torn up.

That was her husband, we all know that...but we also know that for Aaliyah her family was most high and we all know she had very special and awesome relationship with Rashad...you could see it before her death...he was always by her side and she had nothing but the best to say about him always...

I wish I could go to her apartement so I could just feel her...you know?

Where did you get that article and what was it called? Thanks...

<!--EDIT|Miss Moon|Jul 15 2002, 11:41 AM-->

cuddly_angel84

Postby cuddly_angel84 » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:07 am

Hi again...yeah it must be terrible trying to get over your mom's death, i feel sorry for you. I've never experienced living through the consequences of a loved one's death, but I can imagine what you must have gone through. I read that article in Teen Vogue, and it was called Little Sister Lost. i dont know which addition of the mag it was though. it had a pic of aaliyah and rashad hugging it was really sweet. usually articles in mags are totall bullcrap, but this one was for real. Yeah it would be nice to go into her apartment once....she was a very "different" woman. like if you look at most women in the rap and r&b business they're very influenced by the ghetto and stuff, but she wasn't like that at all. she had very good nature if thats what you call it. i dont like the way they're trying to get alicia keys to kind of "replace" her, but aaliyah will always be aaliyah and no one can take her place.

Return to “Aaliyah”