No Replacement Yet for Aaliyah

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:06 am

cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=33777Aaliyah

While talking to the Calgary Sun about her work on the upcoming MATRIX sequels, Trinity actress Carrie-Anne Moss revealed no actress has been set to take on the role originally filled by deceased actress/singer Aaliyah.

'I don't know what's happening regarding Aaliyah's role,â€￾ Moss said. “All I know is that we're all still grieving for her and for Gloria Foster, who died just a month after Aaliyah.'

For those of you who may have missed it, Foster played Oracle in THE MATRIX, and died last September. This news might come as a surprise, given the two MATRIX sequels, THE MATRIX RELOADED and MATRIX REVOLUTIONS are set to finish filming in August.

While rumors around THE TIME MACHINE’s Samantha Mumba taking up the role have gained currency on the web lately, no word on casting has yet been made.

You’ll know as soon as we do.

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:40 pm

*sniff, sniff* =*(

No one can ever take her place...No one will be able to do what she would of done...so sad...so sad...lots left undone...

wazzap007
Abstracts Immortal

Postby wazzap007 » Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:28 pm

that must be so hard for the cast...losing 2 people

what did Gloria Foster die of?

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Apr 13, 2002 2:07 pm

just hope they won't use it to promote the movie and build a whole myth around it!

krystel
Ultra Member

Postby krystel » Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:35 pm

I heard brandy was going to do it but honestly I don't know if I'll watch it if someone else does it I just wish there was a way they could have worked around it. But if they do they shouldn't hire a singer/actress to do it the might as well look for a regular actress because then it seems like they are really trying to replace her.

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:02 pm

It has been confirmed that Marvin Gaye's daughter is going to take her place in both Matrix movies.

Return to “Aaliyah”