The New Princess of Hip Hop and R&B

krystel
Ultra Member

Postby krystel » Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:43 pm

I was checking out Ashanti's cd and I love her I mean she is a pretty cool singer and she writes her music but the thing that erkes the sh** out of me is how she is being labeled the Princess of Hip Hop and R&B and she wasn't even out a year.I mean of course she did have awesome first week sales but she was labeled this before her album debut.
I know Aaliyah may not be alive I know for sure that she is the Princess of Hip Hop and R&B . I just wanted to know if anyone else has hear this .

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:59 pm

Yes I did hear that...and my first reaction was 'P-L-E-E-A-S-E-E-!-!-!'

Don't get me wrong, she is cute and I do like her single 'Foolish'...'baby why you hurt me, leave and desert me'...I haven't heard her whole album only cameos she had done with Ja Rule and Joe (did you know that she is sitting amongst the guest on J.Lo's Ain't it funny remix video...I just notice that). But they cannot call her a princess just from that...

Aaliyah had worked hard for years, since childhood for that title. Besides, she was born a princess...she just graduate to this generation's Queen...and will remain that!
Besides I think there are a lot more artist out there that already have that title...Jill Scott, India.Arie & Alicia Keys...all members of our Sou and R&B court!

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Apr 28, 2002 11:36 am

that kind of titles have absolutely no meaning nowadays, whoever is a new comer in the business and is doing well (wether it be in matters of sales, sexiness, or popularity) is given that kind of title: soon crowned and as rapidly forgotten...you shouldn't be pissed by this but just take it with distance, after all those who decide who is princesss or whatever is the audience who becomes ( or doesn't) an addict of the artist and trust her, let them talk....since I've heard Spears crowned 'Queen of Pop' just for shaking her ass and swelling her boobs I am immuned to all that kiss-ass talk!

BootyliciousMami

Postby BootyliciousMami » Thu May 09, 2002 6:27 pm

I really like Ashanti, (hey, I've got her song on my signature here!),but no one, and I mean, NO ONE, will EVER take Aaliyah's place. And I think Ashanti knows that... Everybody that saw her live said she sucked...So you never know...Although she does have a pretty good album, we gotta wait and see her real talent.

Aaliyah will ALWAYS be the #1, no matter what. RIP,babygirl...

Return to “Aaliyah”