Shakira On Britney Spears: 'she's A Doll'

WhiteTrash

Postby WhiteTrash » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:54 am

Shakira On Britney Spears: 'She's A Doll'
Fri Jun 21, 2:57 PM ET

(6/21/02, 3 p.m. ET) -- Contrary to persistent rumors of a feud between her and Britney Spears, Columbian singer Shakira continues to reassure fans that there is nothing but healthy competition between the two stars.

"There's enough space for everybody, and she's really great at what she does," Shakira says. "And I think I'm an expert at what I do, too, so as long as, you know, there's people around always making good music and bringing it to people's hearts, I think it's all worth it."

Shakira and Spears have met in the past. "I love her--she's a doll! I met her and she's really sweet, so I wish her the best," Shakira adds.

Shakira spent a couple of days in Canada earlier this week, and she did not leave empty handed. She won two 2002 MuchMusic Video Awards on Sunday (June 16): best international video and people's choice for favorite international artist.

Shakira's debut English-language album, Laundry Service, has been certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association Of America ( news - web sites), and it sits at Number 21 on the Billboard 200 this week, down eight spots from last week.

-- Mark Bergman, Montreal, Canada

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:08 pm

...hmmm I'm wondering if "She's a doll" must be taken at first degree!... :rolleyes:

Return to “Shakira”