Shakira's Top 10 Favorite Things

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:11 pm

http://shakiramebarak.w.interia.pl/interviewwithshak.htmhttp://shakiramebarak.w.interia.pl/intervi...iewwithshak.htm

1. Music

“Lately I’ve been listening to the Clash’s London Calling and Iggy Pop’s—I can never remember the titles of the albums—oh, Nude & Rude. I was more prone to listen to stuff form the late ‘60s and ‘70s, like the Beatles and Led Zeppelin or Janis Joplin, but now I’m very much into the ‘80s. I like the lack of good taste that the ‘80s have. I think we’re lacking that lack of good taste now! Everything is too perfect and preproduced.â€￾

2. Chocolate

“Where there’s chocolate, there’s happiness. I just love chocolate. I love it with almonds, with peanuts, with caramel, with ice cream. My favorite is milk chocolate, the light one. My least favorite is dark, dark, dark. But I don’t discriminate. If there’s nothing other than dark chocolate around, then welcome to my stomach.â€￾

3. Horses

“I love horses because I fear them. But once I’m on top of a horse, then I feel that I’ve conquered it; I feel able to challenge my own fears. I rode horses when I was in Uruguay writing the album.It gives me a tremendous sensation of freedom to race a horse. But I’m not a good—I don’t know it in English—ah, a jockey.â€￾

4. Colombia

“It’s hard to explain why our country represents one of the most important things in your life.Probably because it’s the most obvious feeling—we all feel patriotic toward our own nation. But Colombia, to me, is a country where people naturally have big smiles on their faces, even with the problems, the crises, or the difficult environment that surrounds them. They can smile and celebrate life in the middle of death. It’s a country of people I admire because they’re hard workers and they don’t give up their dreams. “I always say that Barranquilla, where I come from, is the city where people don’t lie. There’s a very low level of neurosis. The people are nice and happy, and they have no need to complain. They just like to enjoy the ocean and the wind on their faces, and they have a great passion for music and dance. There’s no word I can thing of for it in English.â€￾

5. Antonio de la Rua

“Ohhh, Antonio. Because he’s the one person in the world who makes me feel safe and because he doesn’t lie and because I have the feeling he’s going to be my partner in life. I feel that every day that I spend with him, I grow in all different direction as a person. You know, it’s then that you realize that you’re with your true love, because when you’re not with somebody positive in your life, you find many blocks.On the contrary, he’s an angel. I think he’s the healthiest thing in my life. “I don’t know what the moment was when we became engaged. It’s just a commitment from the heart more than a public thing. It’s more a dream that we share, a dream of being together for the rest of our lives. I just don’t know when we’re going to get married. We have to book it into my schedule. I don’t think it’ll happen this year or next year, but we’re not in a rush.â€￾

6. Her family

“My parents are my best friends, and they always were. Now Antonio has joined the list, but my parents were the two columns that always held up my life. I feel so blessed—they’ve been my partners in every single goal that I’ve planned. Very supportive, motivating me, and their ears have always been open to listening to me. “I’m the baby of the family, the last of eight. [All of Shakira’s siblings are from her father’s previous marriage.] My brothers and sisters do different things: There’s a neurosurgeon who live in Spain, another sister studies education for special kids, and there’s a lawyer, and a mechanical engineer, and some others who still want to study. The last time we were all together was for my brother’s wedding a few months ago, something like that.Or longer—I have no notion of time.â€￾

7. Art

“Art is the window always open to our consciousness, to our inner world.We can always jump through that window, and have a full exhibition inside us. So the best way to get to know the human being throughout history is to get to know the art, because art has been the way of expression. It always reveals the historical, political, or social moment that people or communities go through. It’s the only way to reveal the great mystery of human beings.â€￾

“I love Salvador Dali. I’m a fan of his melting watches. I love surrealism because that’s probably the movement that is most connected to thoughts and dreams and the consciousness of human beings.â€￾

8. Poetry

“It’s a good companion. It’s a nice way to feed the soul. It’s like—is there a book called Chicken Soup for the Soul? Well, to me, poetry is the hot chocolate for the heart. What’s beautiful about poetry is that every time you come in contact with it, you have a different perception, depending on the mood and the situation. I’ve read poems that move me, and I’ll read them again another day and they just—aagghhh—tear me apart.And then I read them again and I’ll have a different sensation, a new interpretation.So it’s always new, it reinvents itself. I recently read poems by Roque Dalton, this writer from El Salvador. I was reading some of his stuff, and it’s pretty good.â€￾

9. Corozo

“It’s the most unique and special fruit in the world. It looks like a grape, but the fruit is black. The juice has the color of raspberry juice or cranberry juice, and it’s sweet and sour. It’s the most incredible, refreshing juice, and you could even make wine out of a corozo. I’ve only seen it in Barranquilla. I’ve been looking for it in other places, and I’ve never found it. “I’m so obsessive with the corozo, I can eat tons of it until my tongue gets all irritated and sore, almost to the point of bleeding, and I continue eating! There aren’t many people who love it that way I do.I’m pretty passionate about it.â€￾

10. The ocean

“I was born close to the ocean and live close to it. I spent all my Sundays on the ocean, and to me it will always be a magical place. I can always find different memories in my head, but special moments were on the ocean or staring at the sea—falling in love, playing, or just talking to myself. It kind of seduces you.But lately I’ve been fearing it a little bit because of the sharks, the attacks, you know? But then again, they were there first….â€￾

--Susan Colon – Latina Magazine

<!--EDIT|Miss Moon|Oct 9 2002, 12:11 PM-->

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:46 am

Thats pretty cool to know but why the hell does she like Music and Chocolate more than her family?!? If I were her my fanily would come first than music thans the ocean!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:26 pm

She's kinda romantic soul.... But this still doesn't change the fact that she sold herself to the pop culture by releasing that English album. She's talented, but uses it to get globalized. It sucks for me, but she still rocks the house for all other people on this planet.
Blup
;)

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:23 am

....Its kinda sad that list though..her Family should be first no matter what!

Return to “Shakira”