Rick James Not Much Of An Alicia Keys Fan

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:52 pm

Rick James Not Much Of An Alicia Keys Fan
Karu F. Daniels of EURweb.com chatted with R&B legend Rick James. Amongst his headline grabbing comments were those on Alicia Keys. 'She calls her album, ‘Songs In A Minor,’ and all of the songs are in E and D,' he explained. 'I don’t think she knows her grammatic skill, personally. I think she’s ‘The Gong Show.’ When she did the Donny Hathaway song in front of millions of people and fu**ed it up, that just goes to show you right there what’s going on…What about Rachelle Ferrell, or Lalah Hathaway? What about all these serious bitches that can really sing? Alicia Keys? Because Clive Davis eats the best See’s Candies and gives the best whatever, and wants to show Whitney [Houston] that she ain’t sh**, yeah, he’s going to put his effort in Alicia Keys.

source: soundvault.org

krystel
Ultra Member

Postby krystel » Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:02 am

um excuse me who the hell is a rick james fan his sorry old ass dont have anything better to say he needs to be worring about his deterierating balls instead of dissing licia .I can't believe he said she doesnt have talent weather you like a person or not some things you cant deny . I mean as many xtina fans out there not many if any will deny she can sing ....they may not like the yelling but they will admit the actual singing is good

Princess of Peace
Advanced Member

Postby Princess of Peace » Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:37 pm

It's called creativity. A for Alicia!

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:42 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Well, I think Alicia Keys is a damn good singer and she plays the piano very well. I mean she isn't the best out there but she is pretty good and I am an Alicia fan. So, I don't know what Mr. Rick James is talking about . . lol. </span>

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:17 pm

She's awsome. Who cares if a cheesy radio dj doesn't like her. B)

Return to “Alicia Keys”