India.arie Takes A Voyage On Second Album

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:55 pm

07.31.2002 7:52 AM EDT
mtv.com/news/articles/1456365/20020730/arie_india.jhtml?headlines=truehttp://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1456365/2...?headlines=true

India.Arie is putting the finishing touches on her second album, Voyage to India.

The follow-up to 2001's Acoustic Soul is due September 24 and features the neo-soul singer co-producing with Shannon Sanders (Next, Lil' Keke), according to her spokesperson.

"Little Things," the first single from Voyage to India, will hit airwaves on Monday, and AOL's First Listen series will provide a preview of the track on Friday. Arie is shooting a video for the song August 17 and 18.

Arie's new album will not feature any guest appearances, though she has built a reputation as quite a collaborator since the release of Acoustic Soul. She recorded duets with John Mellencamp ("Peaceful World") and jazz singer Cassandra Wilson ("Just Another Parade").

Acoustic Soul has sold 1.64 million copies to date, according to SoundScan, and earned Arie seven Grammy nominations, including nods in the top four categories: Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Album of the Year (see "U2, India.Arie Lead Grammy Pack").

Arie's "Brown Skin" is nominated for Best R&B/Soul Single, Solo, at the 8th annual Soul Train Lady of Soul Awards, where she will also appear as a presenter. The ceremony will be broadcast live from the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in California on August 24.

—Corey Moss

For more on India.Arie, check out the MTV News Archive

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:40 pm

I love Inda.Arie! She got ripped off at the Grammy's. I got tired of Alicia winning.

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:07 pm

I like her too...she gives me self confidence :)

Return to “Other Female Musicians”