Brandy Begins Work On New Album

djmvd

Postby djmvd » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:30 pm

From Launch.com:

Brandy Preparing To Begin Work On New Album
09/27/2002

(9/27/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- Brandy and producer Mike City are preparing to begin work on new material for the singer. City wrote and produced Brandy's song "Full Moon" that reached Number 16 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart.

"We'll probably will be back in the studio [soon], hopefully," City told LAUNCH. "We're already talked about going back in. We might do a soundtrack or something. It's been tossed up in the air. I know her husband Robert [Smith] is going to work on a lot of the album. I'll come and do a few songs."

While there have been four-year gaps between the releases of Brandy's 1994 self-titled debut, 1998's Never Say Never, and 2002's Full Moon, City said that Brandy is ready to work on her fourth album.

"It's not an urgency," City said. "She really didn't get to do her normal Brandy thing this time around because she got married, and had the baby."

City believes that on her fourth album, Brandy will show the depth of her vocals. "I think Brandy is going to come back and let it out," City said. "People don't know that she can really sing. They are used to her messing around with the pretty notes and things, but she can really belt it out."

Brandy's current single is "He Is."

-- Billy Johnson Jr., Los Angeles

<!--EDIT|djmvd|Sep 28 2002, 02:31 AM-->

Return to “Other Female Musicians”