Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:19 am

Look here:

http://grammy.aol.com/45th Annual Grammy Awards

Did you watch?

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:55 am

I am so happy she got so much recognition for her album. I have it and it's ace, her voice, the music, melodies, instruments, everything is so close to perfection.

I'm really happy the academy gave it to an artist who's not so much in the media and the public eye, I guess she will be from now on, but it proves you don't have to get out there naked, whore yourself with fellow artists or be insulting of others to sell records, and get awards.........I like her for being so talented, and so down-to-earth. Now Aguilera, Spears, Pink, Lavigne and others just have to learn from her. More power to you chica! :headbanger:

DarkSyne
Advanced Member

Postby DarkSyne » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:05 pm

Yeah Laura! same here! She didn't need to show skin to sell all those records and win <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>5 grammies</span>. Look at Britney, she only won some stupid awards and Christina didn't won 5 grammies. The difference is this girl has real talent and that's what she sells.

Gongratulations Norah!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:38 pm

You have it? Spill something more about it! I mean, I'm not really a fan of that genre of music, would I enjoy it? It's not f*cking out here! I'm mad that we always get everything last!

mirah's#1fan

Postby mirah's#1fan » Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:46 pm

i dont think norah should have got those awards because 1. she don't write her own music and 2.she didn't even make videos before her newest song! the dixie chicks or ja rule and ashanti or people that r actually good should have got the award she got! i g2 bounce oh i aint sayin i dont like norah but still! peace

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:37 am

mirah's#1fan wrote: i dont think norah should have got those awards because 1. she don't write her own music and 2.she didn't even make videos before her newest song! the dixie chicks or ja rule and ashanti or people that r actually good should have got the award she got! i g2 bounce oh i aint sayin i dont like norah but still! peace

This is real bullsh**. I adore Mariah carey but she doesn't write all her lyrics, it doesn't make her less talented. Plus I've just checked the credits on NJ's album, and she did write quite a few. Don't know about the Dixie Chicks but please Ja Rule is not a good argument, it doesn't take a genius to write the sh** that man is supposed to rap, besides he's always spitting the same crap and this to me doesn't deserve a grammy.

As to Ashanti, she is plain pathetic for auto-proclaiming herself "Princess of Hip Hop and R&B" before Aaliyah's body was even cold. Don't get me wrong, I have her album and I think it's good but I also have Norah's and even though thte two are totally different and incomparable I have to say Norah's album is way more sophisticated and original whereas Ashanti's is just another R&B album amongst others.

You have it? Spill something more about it! I mean, I'm not really a fan of that genre of music, would I enjoy it? It's not f*cking out here! I'm mad that we always get everything last!

It's just awesome, I'm not a jazz fan at all, I only have two jazz albums all in all, but hers is great. It's the kind of thing you listen to as some background music, she has very smoothe melodies and each song is a little story....it's quiet, peaceful and really pleasant. I very much recommend it Claire, even if you don't like jazz give it a try and let me know ;)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:41 am

About Ja Rule, this song comes to my mind:

The things that you promote
Fighting, violence
Like you don't want to grow old
You talking so much sex
But you na tell the youths about AIDS
You na tell them of consequence, no
Your talking like you a G
But you killer killing your own