Update On Brandy's 4th Album

djmvd

Postby djmvd » Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:12 pm

We're back in business! Here's a summary of information gathered on Brandy's new album, as well as a little update:

First of all, Robert "Big Bert" Smith—Brandy's husband—has once stated in an article that the album could be out as early as this Spring or this Summer. However, this is not the case. If the album would be coming out this summer a new single would be already impacting radio. It has been said that the album is most likely to come out this Fall with a first single being released late summer. Nothing has been confirmed yet so stay tuned for more info on the release date.

It has been reported on a gossip website [without mentioning any names] that singer/new mother is mad at her label because they sent her back into the studio because they didn't want the songstress's husband to produce the whole album. Could that lady be Brandy? No one knows, but the description fits Brandy's profile.

Music-wise, Brandy teamed up with hubby Big Bert and has already completed a few songs. Timbaland and Missy Elliott were said to be checking in the studio to work with B-Rocka. Nothing has been confirmed as far as tracks completed but the work should be in progress, if not done. No sign or mention of Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins has been made so far. According to Robert, a really big artist should be collaborating with Brandy for the new album. Also, the Windswept Pacific website has a record of a ballad titled "Gone From Me" written by Andy Murray and Chris Ballard for Brandy. Rumors also has it that a song called "Can't Control Myself" written for another artist has been given to Brandy, and that artist/songwriter Static from the R&B group Playa is lending his writing skills to B-Rocka for the album. Producer Teddy Bishop, whose enjoying the top ten success of Aaliyah's "Miss You", will be working on the set as well.

Brandy's next project
Title: n/a
Expected release date: Fall 2003
First single: late Summer 2003
Songwriters: Andy Murray, Chris Ballard, Static, Brandy, Mike City
Producers: Robert "Big Bert" Smith, Timbaland, Missy Elliott, Mike City, Teddy Bishop

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:18 pm

Thanks for then info, I was wondering when Brandy would be getting back into the studio being a mommy and all. Thanks again :).

djmvd

Postby djmvd » Mon May 26, 2003 10:44 pm

Expect 'Rawer Sound' on Brandy's New Release (posted 05.24.03 | 9:01 pm EST.)
Here's an interesting article about Brandy's new album taken from the Dining & Entertainment website. Because the article is from March 24th, the May release date is no longer valid:

"The Hollywood Exclusive: Brandy’s fans can expect ‘rawer’ sound on new release
24-Mar-2003

By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith

Brandy fans can expect to hear a "much rawer" sound from the songstress when she drops her new CD in May.

Her husband, Robert Smith, exec producer of the project and one of its main writers, credits the change to "how Brandy's outlook on life has changed since our daughter was born. She's really singing from the soul on this one."

The couple became parents to Sy'rai Iman on June 16 of last year and have since been "inseparable," says Smith, from the eight-month-old who often accompanies them to studio sessions.

He tells us that Sy'rai "has been the inspiration for a song called 'Sunshine' we've been working on. It talks about how she's bought a whole new type of light and love into our lives."

Smith says that working with his wife has made their relationship stronger.

"It's really been a great experience for us. I learn so much from her because Brandy's the type of artist who pushes you to your limit and doesn't settle. She really brings the best out of you."

Smith isn't limiting his songwriting and producing to his wife's career. He's also penning and producing tunes for pop princess Britney Spears and Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin, as well as for R&B artists Angie Stone's and Usher's upcoming CDs."

...Speaking of Brandy and the Norwoods, Ray-J recently sat down with interviewer Gene Geter and said that he is currently working on his new album tentatively titled 'Raydiation' :lol: . Ray also said that Brandy is working with him and he too will be working on her album. Producers working on Ray-J's project include Missy Elliott and Timbaland.

...In other news, Brandy will make a guest appearance in Kiley Dean's debut video for the song "Make Me a Song." Dean is signed to Beat Club Records and is Timbaland's new protégé. The video should debut some time in June.

djmvd

Postby djmvd » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:22 pm

From Beck/Smith Hollywood Exclusive;

Brandy Gets 'Raw and Aggressive'

R&B songstress Brandy wants it known that although she may be a new mother, her new role in life won't be reflected in her music.

Declares the 24-year-old Grammy winner, "In a lot of ways in my personal life having my daughter has changed me. In ways like how I take care of business. How I am within myself now. She's helped me in becoming a woman and getting my priorities straight. But my music, that' s a little different. It has nothing to do with my daughter."

The former "Moesha" sitcom star, who married music producer Robert Smith in 2001, gave birth to daughter Sy'rai (cq) in June of last year. Many tracked Sy'rai's arrival via the MTV reality series "Brandy: Special Delivery."

So what can Brandy fans expect from her fourth forthcoming disc, which she says will be released in time for the Christmas rush?

Declares Brandy, "It's really more raw and more aggressive. Timbaland (producer) has given me some of his best stuff. I'm really excited about it. It talks about things in life that every woman has experienced, every man has experienced. It's very deep and I'm saying what I want to say. It's definitely an adult album for me."

Return to “Other Female Musicians”