Grammy Nominees

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Thu Jan 04, 2001 11:23 pm

Grammy Nominees

General Field

Category 1 Record Of The Year
Award to the Artist and to the Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s) and/or Mixer(s) if other than the artist. This category is for a commercially released single, or track from a current year's album.

Say My Name
Destiny's Child
Rodney Jerkins, producer; LaShawn Daniels, Brad Gildem & Jean Marie Hurout, engineers/mixers

Track from: The Writing's On The Wall
[Columbia Records]

I Try
Macy Gray
Andrew Slater, producer; Dave Way, engineer/mixer

Track from: On How Life Is
[Clean Slate/Epic Records]

Music
Madonna
Mirwais Ahmadzai & Madonna, producers

Track from: Music
[Maverick/Warner Bros. Records]

Bye Bye Bye
*NSync
Jake & Kristian Lundin, producers; Mike Tucker, engineer/mixer

Track from: No Strings Attached
[Jive Records]

Beautiful Day
U2
Brian Eno & Daniel Lanois, producers; Steve Lillywhite & Richard Rainey, engineers/mixers

Track from: All That You Can't Leave Behind
[Interscope Records]

Category 2 Album Of The Year
Award to the Artist(s), and to the Album Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s) and/or Mixer(s) if other than the artist.

Midnite Vultures
Beck
Beck Hansen & Dust Brothers, producers

[DGC/Interscope Records]

The Marshall Mathers LP
Eminem
Jeff Bass, Mark Bass, Dr. Dre, Eminem & The 45 King, producers; Rich Behrens, Mike Butler, Chris Conway, Rob Ebeling, Michelle Forbes, Richard Segal Huredia, Steve King, Aaron Lepley, James McCrone, Akane Nakamura & Lance Pierre, engineers/mixers

[Aftermath Entertainment/Interscope Records]

Kid A
Radiohead
Radiohead, producer; Nigel Godrich, engineer/mixer

[Capitol Records]

You're The One
Paul Simon
Paul Simon, producer; Andy Smith, engineer/mixer

[Warner Bros. Records]

Two Against Nature
Steely Dan
Walter Becker & Donald f**, producers; Phil Burnett, Roger Nichols, Dave Russell & Elliot Scheiner, engineers/mixers

[Giant Records]

Category 3 Song Of The Year
A Songwriter(s) Award. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.

Beautiful Day
U2, songwriters
(U2)
Track from: All That You Can't Leave Behind
[Interscope Records; Publisher: Polygram Int'l Music Pub. B.V.]

Breathe
Stephanie Bentley & Holly Lamar, songwriters
(Faith Hill)
Track from: Breathe
[Warner Bros. Records; Publishers: Cal IV Songs, Universal Songs Of Polygram Int'l Inc., Hopechest Music]

I Hope You Dance
Mark D. Sanders & Tia Sellers, songwriters
(Lee Ann Womack)
Track from: I Hope You Dance
[Universal Records; Publishers: MCA Music Pub., Soda Creek Songs, Choice Is Tragic Music, Ensign Music Corp.]

I Try
Macy Gray, Jinsoo Lim, Jeremy Ruzumna & David Wilder, songwriters
(Macy Gray)
Track from: On How Life Is
[Clean Slate/Epic Records; Publishers: Children Of The Forest On Behalf Of Itself & Mel-Boopie Music, April Music Inc., Jinsoo Lim Music, Roastitoasti]

Say My Name
LaShawn Daniels, Fred Jerkins III, Rodney Jerkins, Beyoncé Knowles, LeToya Luckett, LaTavia Roberson & Kelendria Rowland, songwriters
(Destiny's Child)
Track from: The Writing's On The Wall
[Columbia Records; Publishers: EMI Blackwood Music Inc./Rodney Jerkins Prod., Ensign Music Corp./Fred Jerkins Pub., Beyoncé Pub., LeToya Music Pub., Kelendria Music Pub., LaTavia Music Pub.]

Category 4 Best New Artist
For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist.

Shelby Lynne

Brad Paisley

Papa Roach

Jill Scott

Sisqo

For a Complete List go to: grammy.com/awards/43nominees.htmlhttp://www.grammy.com/awards/43nominees.html

Return to “Other Female Musicians”