DIDO

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Postby pinkGLAM » Tue Feb 13, 2001 8:19 pm

Not a bad old time for Dido. A UK chart-topping album with 'No Angel' (peaking at two in the States), sell-out solo shows, a guest appearance at Eminem's London shows. Marvellous!

And now the former Faithless vocalist is looking for some hot singles chart action with this gently plaintive techno folk offering from said album. With its lilting lullabye chorus, huge Massive Attack strings, chunky dance beats and touching lyrics about the heartache of missing a loved one, 'Here With Me' can't harm Dido's reputation none.

dotmusic.com/reviews/Singles/February2001/reviews17933.asphttp://www.dotmusic.com/reviews/Singles/Fe...eviews17933.asp

shanilia

Postby shanilia » Mon Feb 26, 2001 8:40 pm

Dido looks and sounds like Sarah MacLaughlan - the same breathy voice, the same jumping from a low note to a high note.

With that said, I've only heard a couple of songs from Dido: 'Thankyou' and another one. She's an incredible live singer. I've seen her on Jay Leno and Rosie O'Donnell, and she sounds almost exactly like her recorded songs. I can see that she doesn't need a lot of studio help to make her voice sound better. It already sounds spectacular. She's an incredible singer. She deserves her success.

Return to “Other Female Musicians”