Kelly Osbourne To Record Madonna's 'Papa Don't Preach'

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:06 pm

Kelly Osbourne To Record Madonna's 'Papa Don't Preach' — With Incubus
04.02.2002 5:43 PM EST
Kelly Osbourne may be Sharon and Ozzy's daughter, but it seems she's got a little Madonna in her, too.

After successfully mastering the role of television star, Kelly is now trying her hand as a pop music icon. She and the members of Incubus — sans frontman Brandon Boyd — will collaborate to record a cover of Madonna's 1986 chart-topper 'Papa Don't Preach.'

'I didn't choose the song,' Kelly said Tuesday (April 2). 'My mom did and asked me to do it. I'm kind of crapping myself because I don't think I'm a very good singer.'

That should be the least of Kelly's troubles. Producing the track will be her brother and ultimate antagonist, Jack Osbourne.

'Papa Don't Preach' will most likely — and aptly — appear on an upcoming soundtrack for the MTV series 'The Osbournes.'

For a full-length feature on the Osbournes, check out 'The Osbournes: Dysfunctional Family Values.'

—Abbey Goodman, with additional reporting by Gideon Yago for mtv.com

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:53 am

that oughta b interesting!
hopefully,unlike ms. spears,she actually will b able 2 tell anyone that asks,who did the original!
:laugh:

PERKYCARROT14

Postby PERKYCARROT14 » Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:52 pm

IS SHE A SINGER?

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Wed Apr 17, 2002 10:02 am

i'm guessing she must want 2 b. haven't heard her sing though...have u miss moon?

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Wed Apr 17, 2002 12:17 pm

I haven't heard anything about her singing before...I think it's just one of those things...she said and I quote 'I'm kind of crapping myself because I don't think I'm a very good singer.'

Return to “Other Female Musicians”