Dmx and Wife

DollyMarie

Postby DollyMarie » Fri Mar 30, 2001 9:12 pm

Dmx's wife gives a full length interview in this month's sister to sister.  They both are on the cover of it.  If you would like me to type it up for you,  just tell me.

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Sat Mar 31, 2001 7:42 pm

yeah, that would be cool! Is it not online though perhaps?

DollyMarie

Postby DollyMarie » Thu Apr 12, 2001 9:41 pm

Come on ma, you know I got a wife...' Everybody knows those words from DMX's single, 'What These Bit#es Want?' Yep, every single DMX fan knows that there's a wife, a strong woman behind Dark Man X, but how much do they really know?
First of all, her name is Tashera...Mrs. Simmons, that is --and she is as cool as they come. I spoke to Tashera, in her first-time interview, while she waited in a hair salon to get her 'do' hooked up. We talked about everything from when she first saw Earl (DMX) when she was 9 years old to when she hooked up with him when she was 17 years old to how he proposed to her 4 times before she finally jumped at it.
Tashera's a wife, a mother, and a woman who loves and supports her man. You've heard about her, now get to know her.

niki: Tell me about yourself. Not too many people really know too much about you. But I did see you on 'Queen Latifah' with your husband DMX.

Tashera: How do you think I did?

N: I thought you did really good.

T: I was so nervous I couldn't even remember anything I said. You know how you just black out?

N: Yeah. So you're not used to being in the spotlight? You leave that up to your husband, DMX, huh?

T: Yeah. A lot of people ask me to get in pictures and stuff like that and i'm like, 'No, that's okay.'

N: I know that's right. I think I would probably be the same way.

T: You would think [differently], but it's like, nah, I'd rather play the back. I don't mind people knowing who I am because I know I play a big part. He tells me all the time, 'I don't know what I would do...' Like i'm his backbone. He's a very funny type of person, I guess from his background. He never really had anybody and no one to really talk to and love him. He said I'm the first person he ever loved.

N: But you know, I get that from him because he always seems, in his interviews, like he has a shell around him. And that he doesn't let too many people in. But he always makes it known that he has a wife. So how did the two of you first meet?

T: Me and him tell everybody this story. Me and him knew each other since we were young. Did you know I was a Muslim?

N: Yeah.

T: I could never go outside until I was like 14. So one day I was going outside to the store to get some ice cream and cake hwen I was like nine or ten years old and I saw Earl taking this old lady's purse. He had to have beeen like 10 years old. [It was] him and his black dog. My mother and father were really strict. We could never go out; only if it was to the mosque. So ever since I was nine years old I would always dream about him. He was like my hero.

N: [Laughing] How was he your hero and he stold an old lady's purse?

T: I was just like, yeah this guy is rough. But you know what's so funny though? He said he had seen me that day and he said he used to think I was a princess. He's always telling people about this. When we're on tour kicking it, people always say we get along so well when they're around us. They ask us, 'How long ya'll been together?' And we tell them that story. But when we really met was when I was 18 years old, at a club.

N: Oh, y'all never stayed in touch when you were younger?

T: No, 'cause I could never go outside and he was always in and out of jail or homes and stuff like that. So I never used to see him, but I always remembered him. He was very well known in Yonkers from rapping, but I always knew him as Earl Simmons. We were at a club in Yonkers and a friend of his named Kasaan, which was his DJ back then, came up to me and said, 'My friend DMX wants to meet you.' So I said, 'oh, that rapper from Yonkers?' And he said, 'yeah, he said to come over here.' I said, 'Tell him to come over here.' He did. He came over. When I saw him I said, 'Oh, Earl....' He even made a song about this. But anyway, as soon as I saw him I said, 'Oh, shoot,' 'cause I hadn't seen him since like nine years old.

[I'm sorry about the delay. But, i've been very busy with school and all.] I'll post the interview in parts, just in case i'm booted offline....

DollyMarie

Postby DollyMarie » Thu Apr 12, 2001 9:57 pm

Part II of Interview:

N: Did he know who you were?

T: Yep. He said that he knew. You know, Muslims be selling incense and all of that. So he said he always knew my father. He knew that I was his daughter but he never use to see me. But when he did see me, he knew who I was as soon as he saw me. I was 18 then. That was March of '88 or '89. We were calling each other and a month after that we hooked up and we've been together ever since. We never broke up.

N: That's a long time.

T: Right, 'cause I remember I was 18 going on 19 in April. He was 19 going on 20.

N: So that thing is strong then?

T: Yep, and we moved in together. He was living with his manager and someone else named Jack in New Rochelle. Me and my godsister had an apartment together in Yonkers. I was working since I was 13 years old. I got the apartment when I was 17. He asked me if I wanted to stay up there [with him] anf from the first day, me and him clicked. We always tell everybody this story. We couldn't believe how we clicked from the first day. I was staying with him and when we left there we got our own apartment in Yonkers. We didn't have our first son until I was 21. We were living in New Rochelle until I was 20, then we moved to Yonkers.

N: How did your family feel about him since you came from this strict Muslim household?

T: They ain't like him. But it's true, me and him are like night and day. People are like, they don't know how me and him get along the way we do 'cause you would never see me mad, ever. If i'm mad you better take it serious. Something must've really happened. And he's like the total opposite. He has a bad temper, and attitude problem.

N: I guess opposites attract.

T: Yeah, right?

N: Are you still practicing Muslim?

T: I might not even say a real Muslim.

N: Do you go to the Mosque?

T: No, the only thing is I don't eat pork.

N: [Laughing] That's the only thing you stuck with?

T: Yep. My father is still mad about that.

N: So do your father and mother like him now?

T: Yeah. As the years go on they've seen that I wasn't gonna leave him alone.

N: They just had to get used to him?

T: Yeah. Not like he was getting me into any trouble or nothing like that. They just thought he was the total opposite. Everybody knew that he was bad. He was like the black sheep. People were scared of him in Yonkers. So they were like, that's not the kind of guy I should be with. But it was never like I was getting into trouble or stuff like that. I was always working and he'd be doing his thing.

N: Was that one of the first things that attracted you to him thought, that he had a rought edge?

T: Yep, yep. That's exactly what attracted me to him.

N: What was your fist date like with DMX? Where did y'all go?

T: Oh my god. You know what? He is so nice. He is really a nice person, a good person. He was like, 'Why don't you come to my house in New Rochelle?' And I said, 'What are we gonna do there?' Because it was like 2 o clock in the morning. He said, 'I'mma make you French toast.' I said, ' You know how to cook?' And he said, 'Yeah, I make the best French toast.' And he really does. Do you know to this day i'll say, 'Make me some French toast.' Yo, he makes like 20 French toasts. He'll make the whole bag.

N: Is that the only thing he can cook?

T: No, he can cook spaghetti and meat really good. He makes the best salads. The other night I asked him to make some for my friends because they were over and he made it. And he makes the best cake.

DollyMarie

Postby DollyMarie » Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:16 pm

N: I can't even imagine that! [Laughing] I can't imagine him baking no cake!

T: I know, right?

N: What kind of cakes does he make?

T: Like the Betty Croker kind with the chocolate frosting.

N: Oouuuuu. He's gonna be mad that you told me that!

T: No, you can put that there 'cause he's a really nice person. But you know what? Truthfully it was like a side that opened up when he started going with me. Like when he first started going with me he was always in jail. After we started going together he got arrested one other time. He stayed in jail for two weeks and that was it.

N: So why do you think it's like that? Do you spend a lot of time talking to him and encouraging him? What is it about you that made him change and show this other side?

T: You know what? I think a lot of love. You know, he's like a child. Truthfully, I say this all the time, and even his manager, Ray [Copeland] will say, 'Is your son up?' He tells me i'm like a mother he never had, like I'm different people in his life. Remember what I said on 'The Queen Latifah Show'? I said that he was like that to me, right? Well, he says that I'm like that to him. I'm his cousin, his mother, his sister....I think because he never got any love. He was always physically and emotionally abused. Whenever I used to see him I used to give him a hug. I used to be like, 'What's up? Let me get a hug.' I was always real loving to him. He said he was not used to that before me. He said I was his first girlfriend. He said he always just had sexual relationships or whatever. He said he always dreamed about having a wife, kids and a house. You know how we always dream about that. He said he never in a million years, he said that to me last week, that he ever thought he would get it. Especially with somebody that he could really talk to. In the beginning of the relationship I noticed that him and his mother had a bad relationship. I used to spend a lot of time trying to explain to him that it wasn't his fault after knowing the type of person she was. I wasn't him. She was the type of mother that had bad experiences with men. He was the only boy. You know how you got those mothers that take it out on them? She took it out on him. So I think it was just a lot of love.

N: So if he wasn't used to affection and love, was he real open to that when you first got together? What was his first reaction when you first said give me a hug? Was he uncomfortable?

T: Yeah, he was. It ook me like two or three years to break him in. It took awhile. He would give me hugs, but you could tell he was uncomfortable--like he didn't want to get too close...like this probably ain't gon' last. So it took a long time to prove to him that I really wanted something out of this relationship. Not just a sexual [relationship], you know, like he was ued to. I was really trying to be his friend. Sometimes I don't know how I did it because he is really like a job, [but] I don't want you to think it was a bad job.

N: So where idd your strenght come from? You were being strong for you and for him, so what was keeping you strong? Did you talk to your mom about your relationship?

T: Yo, can I tell you? This is the first time I ever talked about this to somebody. Do you know that?...besides him...I'm telling you...God. He looks at me like I'm the strongest person he's ever met because I didn't have a real good childhood either, like with my mother and father. I'm the oldest out of everyone. I used to always have to take care of my brothers and sisters. So you know what? It's God. that's the only thin, 'cause I'm very private. I don't really like telling people my business since everybody was so against our relationship. You know how it is when the majority of the people you meet these days, they always try to act like you're better than this one and that one. But it was God that gave me the strength. You know, I never really thought about it. One day I was talking to this lady and I was telling her my story. She was just a friend and she's really into church. She was telling me that she believes that it was the strenght from God that pulled me throught everything. I wasn't really stressed out or anything. I enjoyed helping and trying to be there, you know?

N: I understand. A lot of times men go through a lot of stuff just from growing up and they have a lot to deal with. They're just looking for someone to just be there for them. So when did you all get married?

T: We got married Auguest 9, 1998. It's bugged out because in 1989 is when we met and 1998 is when we got married.

N: Did you all have a big wedding?

DollyMarie

Postby DollyMarie » Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:21 pm

Guys, I typed all I could the rest of the interview talks about groupies, the marriage, the baby they lost, their kids, her work, and prayer in the family. If you want specific information on any of those topics post or email me at Marie13234@aol.com. I'll give you a brieft summary of whatever it is that you want to know. The interview was given by Niki Turner of Sister To Sister Magazine April 2001

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Fri Apr 13, 2001 2:44 pm

great job DollyMarie... Thank you very much :) As you know, there is very little info on her on the web.

wazzap007
Abstracts Immortal

Postby wazzap007 » Sun Jul 08, 2001 12:21 pm

cool thanks!!!

i didn't know anything on him!!!

Return to “DMX”