Eminem's People Phoned Aguilera All Day To Attend

Binnie27

Postby Binnie27 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:35 pm

I know they settled thier differences, but come on....... (Read Below)

Eminem's People Phoned Aguilera All Day To Attend '8 Mile'
Posted by MusicMan on Thursday, November 07 @ 23:04:05 EST

Christina Aguilera was on Access Hollywood on Thursday from the red carpet of last night's '8 Mile' premiere. Aguilera said that Eminem's people had been calling her all day asking her to appear, and she decided to go because she heard the movie was so good and Eminem did well in it. She even sounded open to dating Em when Pat O'Brien asked said, "Next we'll hear you two are dating," responding something to the effect of "That would be interesting."

:(

It-Aint-True

Postby It-Aint-True » Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:23 pm

hmmm... well, it was his "people" calling and not Eminem himself, hehe. Otherwise that would sound a bit like obsession... o.O

shady'sgirly

Postby shady'sgirly » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:07 am

thats interesting but come on how much more gossip can you get cause thats all that is....gossip! :rolleyes:

truthhurtz

Postby truthhurtz » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:25 am

Christina is so corny for saying that :rolleyes:

But actually, Eminem's promo people are smart. Getting her there says wonders for the movie meaning that 8 Mile really is all that..enough to get even Christina there

Chia_17

Postby Chia_17 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:04 am

Christina's BOMB!
and so is EM!
You people are too weird! just leave it alone! :rolleyes:
Late-UZ B)

Egirl2000
Supreme Member

Postby Egirl2000 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:27 pm

Cute, but corny, indeed.

I think the two would be disgustingly cute together though. He likes white girls (that's obvious) but he too likes them with "flava"...something either grungy or street about them. Yes, many will and can easily argue that Christina Aguilera is "far" from street, but when compared to her peers, she's the winner out of them all. Her style, her taste, and definitely her talent are all good points.

He's even admitted that when she first came out, her inparticularly thinking he and his music were "good", made him think 'she's cool'. She said something about his relationship that he did not want anyone to know about (how she knew, I have no idea now that I think about it) and he got defensive. Perhaps more bitter than he should've. Two years later, girl comes back and pretty much looks nothing like the girl he remembers dissing and attempts to 'holla' or/and get back on good terms with. A new friend is most of the time a good friend. NOW, he's back to saying nothing, just doing (i.e. getting his people to specifically ask for her presence at his movie's premiere) and she's throwing little cute statements and hints around. Match made in heaven I tell ya.

So I think her coming had to do with promotion/publicity, but there's only but so far one will go just for some good publicity, especially when it comes to that man. I really do believe she was personally asked to come.

Egirl2000
Supreme Member

Postby Egirl2000 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:29 pm

*DOUBLE POST*

<!--EDIT|Egirl2000|Nov 9 2002, 05:29 PM-->

StorieTella
Supreme Member

Postby StorieTella » Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:28 pm

I think he digs her. Even his boys (D12) thinks she’s ‘aight’ LOL! I saw Proof just drooling over her as she handed over the moon man to Shady. And let’s not forget about the infamous ‘Christina’ lyric in “Pistol, Pistolâ€￾ on the D12 album that Slim helped write and produce. I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with a Christina/Marshall affair. But I think he learned from the Mariah thing and will not take that route. She would also have to pull him off of Kimberly (whom he’s officially back with).

Egirl2000
Supreme Member

Postby Egirl2000 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:48 pm

You know what I saw on MTV2 today? I was completely shocked -- and not at the fact of what was actually happening, but the fact that I had forgotten the infamous night at the 1999 Europe MTV Music Awards.

The night that started it all. They were showing backstage clips of stars talking, and they must've went back n forth between Eminem and Christina pretty much sweating each other, for a minute. It was too cute. Let's not forget his comment onstage, when she presented an award to him for the first time.

And what happened with Mariah and Eminem? I didn't even know they had gone out, let alone, broken up or rather "off" whatever they had.

StorieTella
Supreme Member

Postby StorieTella » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:41 pm

Oh the Mariah thing? I had posted here last year that my best friend (who moved from Detroit to NY this year) basically knows everyone who’s anyone in the music biz here in Detroit. She told me that Marshall 2-wayed her boy who’s a producer when she was in a studio session with him. Basically venting about Mariah. Their limo broke down on I-94 and they had an argument.

I believed her, but of course no one else did. But who could blame them? Then a year later, he’s on Access Hollywood telling Pat O’Brien that the relationship did in fact exist in addition to Em’s neighbors saying in the Detroit News that Em brought Mariah over to one of the other neighbors’ house to meet them. I thought it was pretty funny myself.

Don’t know how it started but rumor has it that she wanted him to do a song with her. Of course he refused (who could blame him). Dueting with Mariah would have taken the bite away from his image. So instead, they decided to go in and search for talent together and to cooperatively put them on. So a personal relationship must have developed from that point. She came here to Detroit a few times. Rumor also had it that Em stood her up and had her waiting for about 3 hours in Detroit at the city airport. When 93.1 DRQ asked her about it, she basically said “I wait for no oneâ€￾…which was her way of saying that she didn’t get stood up. But I believe she did. LOL!

Egirl2000
Supreme Member

Postby Egirl2000 » Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:18 am

Hmm, that sounds damned interesting.

Wow, the business is a real damn riot. So much happens and the public could really know nothing about it. And i'm talking about wild things.

Like Mariah and Eminem? Um, who in the world initiated that?! It's just kind of shocking.

Storietella, I hadn't known what line in 'Pistol, Pistol' you were talking about so I looked it up. Um, just yeah -- that is pretty interesting.

truthhurtz

Postby truthhurtz » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:09 pm

I read an interview with Eminem back in late '99 and he was quoted as saying "Mariah, if you're reading this...I love you" Hahaha! He had a crush on Mariah Carey before they met. I guess he needed to be careful about what he wished for

I don't see the Christina/Eminem thing though. Christina seems like the type Eminem might screw with but get tired of in a REAL relationship. I still think that Brittany Murphy and Eminem had real chemistry between them. You could feel it. Brittany's childlike energy and cuteness would have been good for Eminem. And when they were filming 8 Mile, I read that Hailie was crazy about her. And that Eminem would sing love songs to Brittany and was always trying to make her laugh. I think they would have been the cutest/happiest couple. Too bad Em and her broke up and that he is now back with Kim

Egirl2000
Supreme Member

Postby Egirl2000 » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:31 pm

Yeah, on the MTV2 "Best of Backstage" EMAs special, he said "She doesn't need to wear...anything. Mariah, you're beautiful" Or something to that extent. Cute, but totally unexpected.

But I beg to differ truthhurtz. I haven't heard or read a lot about Brittany and Eminem, besides the typical. Ya know, they're dating, they have chemistry, etc. So I won't say they'd be the cutest couple, on a personal level, cause I just don't know. But that'd definitely be one hell of a relationship to see.

Christina and Eminem, I think though, would be a disgustingly perfect pairing. I won't say couple, again, cause I don't know how they are in relationships but physically-right off the back of what we see (me being a big fan of both), they'd make someone go "Damnit..." and leave it at that. I agree with Storietella though, there's some sort of attraction. There was possibly even something there, if you want to take that line from 'Pistol, Pistol' into consideration. That I will never get over. I had never even read that until yesterday. Big ups to Storietella for bringing that to my attention. :)

StorieTella
Supreme Member

Postby StorieTella » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:53 pm

As a Christina fan myself, strangely, I agree with truthhurtz. Em and Christina would just be like ‘Em/Kim the sequel.’ I really see something growing in a ‘Em/Brittany’ pairing. But selfishly, I would love to see what would become of a Em/Christina pairing…just for kicks. They truly admire one another but at the same time, they are both very stubborn. So in that respect, it would be like watching “War Of The Roses.â€￾ Very passionate at first, but could grow to be something lethal. But long term? Brittany would work for him.

It’s a known fact that most rappers used to or still have a crush on Mariah. Even Snoop said that he had a crush on her at some point. Which trips me out that she even dated that ugly Luis dude when she can have just about any fine man. Tommy wasn't bad looking. Derek Jeter was fiiiine. Em is fiiine. But Luis Miguel?! Bleh!

truthhurtz

Postby truthhurtz » Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:44 pm

StorieTella--that's the perfect phrase: Em/Kim the sequel

And the DJs here were saying that Em must really respect and care about Brittany for them to have had such an amicable breakup and for him to be quiet about the relationship (ie not another Kim/Mariah episode)

The Pistol Pistol line was funny but i don't think that's such a big deal. Em is always calling out different females that he finds attractive and that song was about irony and sh*t that can never happen.

Brittany Murphy is the cutest! Did you see her on Letterman last Friday? She was so giggly and down-to-earth. She was saying how she feels everything that is happening to her now just isn't normal for her. Dave even got her to admit that she and Em had a relationship. How cute is that? Singing love songs to her on the set? Haha!

StorieTella
Supreme Member

Postby StorieTella » Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:51 pm

truthhurtz wrote:The Pistol Pistol line was funny but i don't think that's such a big deal. Em is always calling out different females that he finds attractive and that song was about irony and sh*t that can never happen.

Brittany Murphy is the cutest! Did you see her on Letterman last Friday? She was so giggly and down-to-earth. She was saying how she feels everything that is happening to her now just isn't normal for her. Dave even got her to admit that she and Em had a relationship. How cute is that? Singing love songs to her on the set? Haha!

I knew that was going to be brought up. :) The key word in that line from Pistol, Pistol was “fall back.â€￾ You can’t “fall backâ€￾ in love unless you fell once before. So something was there. But yeah…it was irony…no doubt.

I missed Brittany on Letterman but she’s hosting SNL next Saturday so make sure you check it out. I would love to read the transcript to Letterman though. I’m sure Jeff may have it somewhere.

truthhurtz

Postby truthhurtz » Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:58 pm

The transcript isn't going to say much--it's something that you needed to see. Brittany was trying to be coy but Dave wasn't having it. He was like "did you have a relationship with Eminem in real life?" and she was like "i don't kiss and tell," blah, blah...and finally she started squirming under Dave's fire (haha) and was like "yeah" but wanted to change the subject.

I read a lot of stuff on them during the FILMING of 8 Mile. How Eminem and Brittany would listen to hip-hop CDs together in his trailer, how he would jokingly sing love songs to her, how he introduced her to Hailie and that his daughter was nuts about Brittany...etc. I can recall that when I heard Brittany was going to be cast, i thought that was brilliant because i do see chemistry between them

I can't wait until SNL--i love this girl! I too have been a fan since Clueless. She has this energetic quality to her. Very charismatic and fun

Return to “Eminem”