Eminem Vs Benzino

S L I M M Y

Postby S L I M M Y » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:50 pm

What do you guys think of this beef?

All i know is that eminem/obie/ and soon 50! and soon pershapz mobbdeep have murdered dis mothaf***a

if you not aware of any of the songz or whaeva, holla

S L I M M Y

Postby S L I M M Y » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:19 pm

December 14, 2002
The Source Defends Itself Against Eminem Saturday

The Source Magazine's official website has responded to Eminem's recent diss records and at the same time Benzino has released yet another Eminem attack track called 'Loose Yourself'. The Source's online editor in chief has posted an article giving the 'real story' on the beef and what is currently happening.

Predictably, the 'real story' according to The Source is that Eminem is in the wrong and Benzino is right in what he is saying. The article reads, "the songs aimed at Benzino recently released by Eminem, which attack The Source's credibility in the process, are propaganda designed to deflect attention from the real issues. Benzino, has indeed been a business partner and close friend to The Source co-founder Dave Mays for a long time, and throughout the years, Dave has supported his music."

The statement continues, "But don’t get it twisted; Benzino and The Source are not interchangeable. The Source has always made it a point to keep Benzino’s music career and the magazine business from interfering with each other. The editorial staff, including the controversial 5-mic committee, has, and always will, operate independently of any outside influences."

Eminem has reportedly told Angie Martinez during a radio interview on Hot 97 that he will not make another diss record aimed at Benzino stating that he has brought Benzino enough fame already (appearances on MTV and 106 & Park) and buried Benzino with the disses he did put out. He apparently continued stating that he only replied to Benzino because of what he described as 'extortion' at The Source, meaning that you can't be a rapper and own half of a magazine because if Benzino calls an artist for a guest appearance, they feel they would have to or be targeted in a negative way by the Source.

The beef is really turning into something. Benzino is making valid points here and there, and Eminem has made how he feels known. The more talented artist is evident but what is the bigger issue here?

angelicus

Postby angelicus » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:47 am

I dont reckon Benzino makes any valid points, his whole arguement is based around racisium and just because his black doesnt mean he should get away with it. Benzino complains that Eminem gets carte blanche because he's white. In a recent interview with MTV News, Benzino said: "Eminem gets to do songs we would never get to do ... Eminem gets to talk about his issues and his pain ... killing his mother, beating his girl, drugs. [Black rappers, on the other hand] have to rock the party in order to get spins and burns on the radio."

Benzino constantly goes on bout how the Em is stealing the art of the black people, who is he to label hip hop is black art? How can he stand and say that hip hop should only be rapped and ruled by blacks? I dont know...maybe u can tell me the logic in his arguement..

Eminemsloveslave

Postby Eminemsloveslave » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:58 pm

I would like to hear some of the songs. Do u have them? Let me know b/c I would love to hear them. I'm sure Em did murder him.

MooseMan
Advanced Member

Postby MooseMan » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:26 pm

Far as I concern, Slim won the battle and the war by default because that stupid ass Ben-gayzio started to rapping about murdering Em's daughter. That's is something a pedifeilia would do to an underage girl. That dude really lost my respect with that comment. He's better off sold off his interest in The Source Magazine he co-founded and crawed into some cave in Boston and stay there because he doesn't deserved my props..

angelicus

Postby angelicus » Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:19 am

Eminemsloveslave, a good song to get is "nail in the coffin" thats one by eminem, one to get from Benzino is "die another day" thats one of the latest he's done.

sblw69

Postby sblw69 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:50 pm

First let me just say that I am FAR FROM RACIST!! I have too many different ethnic groups in my family to be. Now, rap music was started by black people but at the same time the people who buy the most hip hop music are White suburban kids. I think that Benzino is just upset because Em has come up. I love my people and I am all down for supporting my black people but RACISM IS RACISM and even if I didn't like Em I still would not be able to stand Benzino for what he is saying. IT IS SICK!!

and if he is preaching about Hip hop music being for the streets then why should he care what Em does. I don't know what Em said about him or his family but I am sure that Em didn't say anything RACIST!! I don't know who started it and It sounds like he is just jealous. I understand that he is pissed because he has been in the Game for a while and there are many rappers who have been in the Game long before Em and has not come up like Em has but bottom line...... White+rapper+Talent= success.

Em has talent no one can deny him that. I think that benzino needs to realize that their has not been anyone like Em and that is why he his succeeding and if he SUCKED then he would SUCK and no matter what race he was no one would listen to him.

Em knows that he is pissing people off and the only verse that ever pissed me off personally was "I am the worst thing since Elvis Preisley to do black music so selfishly and use it to get myself wealthy". I was a little pissed at that and maybe that is way Benzino is pissed but I think that that is exactly what EM wants.

I basically think that Benzino should just concentrate on his sh** and leave all of the hate alone because Em is here and there aint nothin he can do about it!!

peace B)

wazzap007
Abstracts Immortal

Postby wazzap007 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:25 pm

First of all, Benzino SHOULDNT rap.

And second, what was he thinking going against Eminem?

Return to “Eminem”