EMINEM IS ROLLING STONE'S ARTIST OF THE YEAR

Crave
Ultra Member

Postby Crave » Mon Jan 01, 2001 12:49 pm

EMINEM IS ROLLING STONE'S ARTIST OF THE YEAR
(December 29-31, 2000)  - Rolling Stone magazine readers and critics have spoken, and their man is controversial rapper Eminem. Eminem, considered a frontrunner to receive a Grammy Award nomination when they are announced next week, was named artist of the year by both critics and readers of Rolling Stone. The rap star also picked up the best hip-hop artist award from both readers and critics. Critics voted his latest release The Marshall Mathers LP best album. Readers voted him best male performer, an honor which critics instead bestowed upon R&B singer D'Angelo. Readers gave their best album vote to one of Eminem's enemy boy bands, the Backstreet Boys, and their new release Black & Blue. They also named Limp Bizkit best band, best hard rock/metal band and the band with the best album cover, while frontman Fred Durst was named best rock artist. But according to the mag's critics, the award for best rock artist belongs to Radiohead. In other categories, Madonna took the female prize for best single for 'Music.' U2 was named best band, Nine Inch Nails best tour and Moby best dance artist. The results are in Rolling Stone's Dec. 29 issue. © 2000 Hollywood.com.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Mon Jan 01, 2001 6:18 pm

Congrats to Em!! he deserves it. and if he doens't get a grammy nod for his artisitc genius b/c he is too 'controversial' i WILL know for sure that the grammys are full of sh*t. they are already known for going for 'safer' artists. i guess we'll see this wed. CROSS YOUR FINGERS EVERYONE!! (not that he gives a damn anyway LOL).

sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Mon Jan 01, 2001 7:28 pm

My fingerz are crossed! lol. I think Eminem is going to be showing up at the American Music Awards next monday! I hope. Of course Britney Spears is going to be the host... but I hope Em wins something.

SHADYCHICK01

Postby SHADYCHICK01 » Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:34 pm

eminem deserves all the credit cuz he bomb

:dance:

SHADYCHICK01

Postby SHADYCHICK01 » Sat Jan 06, 2001 3:35 pm

yup

: dance:

Return to “Eminem”