MTV deciding to Boycott Em?!

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Sun Jan 07, 2001 3:03 am

I was on the deathrow forum today--yeah, yeah, i know deathrow sucks now with Pac gone, but i go in there sometimes when i start to think about Deathrow's glory days. Anywayz, some guy posted this and said he got it from some site named uncut2000.com
here is what the deathrow poster posted:
-------

this is exactly from uncut2000.com
Channel Takes An All Time Low Posted January 5, 2001 by JN
MTV, a music station, is a big opponent of Gangsta Rap. They are now taking it to the next level. MTV said that it was wrong for them to promote Eminem and help him sell so many albums. They said that they will no longer promote him or any artist that produces lyrics similar to his (which is all of Gangsta Rap basically). Sources say that Eminem was one of the last Gangsta Rap icons the channel had, as most had already been boycotted and the channel took on a pop culture rather than the Hip Hop and Alternative genres that it saw in the early 1990s. The reason behind this is because he 'hates' f** and talks about beating up his wife in his music. The channel will pre-empt its programming to produce 17 hours of Anti Hate television, which is what I'm told is their new slogan.
----------------------

is this sh** true? i KNOW that MTV got a LOT of heat from GLAAD b/c they were helping Em out with his airtime and such, and i also KNOW that MTV has decided to LOSE 2 million dollars in advertising to promote anti-hate messages with Public Service Announcements.

Based on these facts alone, i almost believe that what this guy posted is true.
wtf?! did anyone else hear about this???

PS: GLAAD is seriously going to cost Em his deserved Grammys. THey are protesting and flooding the board that handles the Grammys with letters and angry phone calls. Em, i don't think, is gonna win. Too controversial for them. i DON'T blame them for being offended BUT at the same time, this isn't going to give them any sympathy. it's just going to piss a lot of people off and Eminem fans are probably going to be more turned off to this whole GLAAD thing, no?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Jan 07, 2001 3:10 am

I don't know :( I live in Canada

sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Sun Jan 07, 2001 2:11 pm

I live in Canada to! lol But they saw LOTS of people are phoning in the Grammy people and complaining bout Em! God if they don't like him, they just shouldn't watch it. He does deserve one though! His record was hot ever since the day it came out. When people buy his cd's after hearing one song and complaining about it! Then why the hell didn't they wait for other songs. Is it anyone else's fault but theres? I don't think so

megan
Ultra Member

Postby megan » Sun Jan 14, 2001 1:10 pm

That would be the worst decision MTV could make

Damian

Postby Damian » Mon Jan 15, 2001 7:19 pm

I don't know if MTV is boycotting EM, but what i do know is that they can't boycott gangsta rap. If they do there wouldn't be no more Dr. Dre, Snoop, Cube, etc... No more of those videos, No more Diary on them, No more Cash money, No RuffRyders etc... Do you honestly think they would do something like that ?? I personally don't think so.

Damian

Postby Damian » Mon Jan 15, 2001 7:21 pm

I don't know if MTV is boycotting EM, but what I do know is that they can't boycott gangsta rap. If they did there wouldn't be no more Dr. Dre, Snoop, Cube, etc... No more of those videos, No more Diary on them, No more Cash money, No RuffRyders etc...    Do you honestly think they would do something like that ??  I personally don't think so, But what do you think ??

Return to “Eminem”