sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Fri Jan 12, 2001 3:54 pm

exactly. Everyday a crime is comitted, but thats just a normal 'routeen' for people. not surprising. When someone says whats goin' on in there songs, people freak. And movies are pretty violent. But that doesn't bring it to anyones attention. violent action movies, critics usually give it like 4 stars!!! Whats with that?

Romantico
Ultra Member

Postby Romantico » Fri Jan 12, 2001 6:50 pm

'My pt. excatly!!' this slimshady guy is adding more violence instead of reducing it and trying to be a positive influence!!!

sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Sat Jan 13, 2001 11:45 am

Yo Romantico! I think you got my point wrong. I am saying critics say nothing but nice things when I violent movie comes out. But its a WHOLE different story when someone raps or sings about it.

Romantico
Ultra Member

Postby Romantico » Sat Jan 13, 2001 12:42 pm

Lets not compare movies..etc. here!...I did'nt say movies and television did not influence violence, etc...I'm merely saying instead of him being a positive role model, his teaching the new generation the wrong concept to go about with the future!! How? Just listen to the CD!! it's undeniable!!!

megan
Ultra Member

Postby megan » Sat Jan 13, 2001 7:16 pm

If people decide that they are going to kill someone by just hearing Slim sing about it then that is their own stupidity.

Eminem has freedom of speech. And he is taking advantage of it.

Good for him.

sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Sun Jan 14, 2001 1:02 pm

RIGHT!! When I hear a song of em's, I don't actually think he means it! like if he says he is going to kill somebody, its not like he is actually going to do it. You have to know what he says kiddingly, or whats meaningful . Kill you was so not a true sond. If so, then why would he be married? and the way I am is true. He gets sick of people always bugging him when he is out with his daughter. Or eating. If you dont know what he means, or does not mean. You shouldn't listen to his music. Like what would the point of that be?

JustinsMusicBizGal
Supreme Member

Postby JustinsMusicBizGal » Fri Jan 19, 2001 11:00 pm

I agree with everything you sad iluvbaby312

Des
Advanced Member

Postby Des » Sat Feb 03, 2001 10:27 pm

I agree with most of you. I think they do that with all musicians. They always need someone to blame. Like they blame Em for his lyrics, Britney Spears for they way she dresse, Marlyn Manson for his anti-attitude, ppl can't even express themselves with out being totally critized. It's so wrong.

sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Sun Feb 04, 2001 6:27 pm

The problem is, that if your famous. You have to be PERFECT. Like dress APROPRIATLEY! Covered up. Sing songs with happy little critters and sunshine. The reason for becoming a musician, is to express what you feel. As in a song. Make ONE mistake, and your criticized big time for it.

Return to “Eminem”