grammys afraid to give eminem album of the year?

micki

grammys afraid to give eminem album of the year?

Postby micki » Thu Feb 22, 2001 1:08 am

I find it so sad that the Grammys were AFRAID to give the ALBUM OF THE YEAR to Eminem .. I feel that they didn't want any heat for it ...
Steely DAN ?? :pukeface: come on .. they've been around for 19 years. .. NEVER did they get a grammy until NOW..
Eminem has probably sold more albums since he's been out than their whole career ...
He's done more than they have in 19 years .. and I find it PATHETIC .. that the Grammys would give it to them WHEN THEY KNOW . .that em deserved that GRAMMY ...

IF they feel Steely Dan was the album of the year :repuke: Â WHY DIDNT THEY HAVE THEM PERFORM AT THE GRAMMYS...
because .. their album had no publicity ...

no BAD publicity ..
I AM PISSED ... :splat:

OH WELL .. who gives a damn about a grammy anyways?!? Â :kiss:

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Thu Feb 22, 2001 4:09 am

they took a similar direction last year w/ Santana too...

MARK
Abstracts Immortal

Postby MARK » Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:58 pm

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID MICKI! THE REASON WHY LIKE JEFF SAID THEY WERE AWARDING THEM FOR THERE CAREER BASICALLY! YOUR RIGHT THOUGH IT WAS STILL BULL SH** !

KT
Advanced Member

Postby KT » Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:22 am

:yell: Alright! He didn't get it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ok, just HAD to say it.

Actually, I think you're right. Greene commented on the grammys recognizing notable, noticeable and controversial art. Well, the Marshal Mathers LP was definitely that and although I realize Steely Dan has been around for years, I wasn't even aware of their music this year.

Something occured to me the other night when I went to see Hannibal. Mark, you saw it right? One of the last scenes with Paul's brains as the main course? OMG! It was the first flick that made me physically ill! Anyway, it struck me that movies and books portray violence more often than music and in more detail, but don't generally get the flack Eminem is getting. I don't hold Anthony Hopkins in disregard over Hannibal Lector, yet I hold the position that Eminem is unacceptable. I guess that's b/c I don't believe Hopkins is a sociopath and if Em feels all that he expresses in his art, then isn't he headed down that path? Hopkins doesn't lose credibility by not being the character, but it seems if Em confesses to being a decent human being, then he's a poser.

I'm not saying I support Eminems music any more than I did, but it did make me think.

Return to “Eminem”