dido

NYQUIL

dido

Postby NYQUIL » Mon Mar 19, 2001 10:09 am

Suppose EMINEM releases his 3rd CD and DIDO supposedly say, she isnt on it at all. Can she outlast the MMLP fame on her own? Will she?

sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Mon Mar 19, 2001 7:11 pm

lol who knows. Maybe she can walk without Marshall holding her up. Since she's got that 'Thank You' song on video. So far Em's hit is Stan, and Dido has a part in it (Unless Elton is gonna take over) but when Stan's old, maybe so will Dido.

kittie100
Ultra Member

Postby kittie100 » Mon Mar 19, 2001 7:28 pm

what are you guys talking about?? most of dido's fans don't even like Eminem. Yes, the MMLP gave her more exposure to a new audience, but there are tons of people who liked her before 'stan' was even out.

dido has a separate fanbase from Em's and her music kicks butt!! i got the cd a long ass time ago. she writes her own music and is an extremely talented and creative artist.

NYQUIL

Postby NYQUIL » Tue Mar 20, 2001 3:21 pm

Quote: from kittie100 on 12:28 am on Mar. 20, 2001[br]what are you guys talking about??  most of dido's fans don't even like Eminem.  Yes, the MMLP gave her more exposure to a new audience, but there are tons of people who liked her before 'stan' was even out.

dido has a separate fanbase from Em's and her music kicks butt!!  i got the cd a long ass time ago.  she writes her own music and is an extremely talented and creative artist.

Oh, ok, you know I saw her in NY at Roseland in 2000 and yes her fans were not even talking about EMINEM and no one missed him at the show....except for ME! Well, anyway, her fan base seems to be mainly young women but she is respected and well, I dont know her music all that well I only attended her concert as a result of MMLP......Image

sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Tue Mar 20, 2001 3:35 pm

I haven't even heard of Dido until Eminem's song Stan.

eminemaholic

Postby eminemaholic » Thu Mar 22, 2001 4:53 am

Sorry, but Ima give u my opinion on Dido...she's been out for years and a friend of mine has always been a huge fan...okay fair enough all her stuff was kept on the Downlow....until Em samples Dido's THANKYOU on Stan..and all of a sudden she's a GREAT NEW ARTIST!! no she's not...she's not new! and she's not great!
she's sooo overated!! and without STAN Dido would still be selling 0 albums!!

Karen

Return to “Eminem”