Eminem has reached a divorce agreement

pinkGLAM
Ultra Member

Eminem has reached a divorce agreement

Postby pinkGLAM » Tue Mar 20, 2001 7:49 am

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. (AP) - Rap superstar Eminem has reached a divorce agreement with his wife that gives them joint custody of their 5-year-old daughter.
The couple worked out a temporary divorce agreement last week that also gives Eminem their $450,000 home, the rapper's lawyer said. His wife, Kim Mathers, would receive $475,000 in cash to purchase a house.

The couple agreed to joint legal and physical custody of their daughter, Hailie Jade.

Mathers and Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, married in June 1999. Kim Mathers filed for divorce on March 1, following a reported two-month attempt at reconciliation.

Harvey Hauer, Eminem's attorney, said the proceedings were 'not contentious at all.'

'It was easily arrived at because each person was concerned with the family and concerned with the well-being of their daughter,' Hauer told The Detroit News in Tuesday's editions.

Eminem won three Grammy awards last month. He also pleaded guilty last month to carrying a concealed weapon, a charge that stemmed from a fight last summer outside a Macomb County bar. He is scheduled for an April 10 sentencing.

http://news.excite.com/news/ap/010320/04/people-eminem-divorcehttp://news.excite.com/news/ap/010320/04/p...-eminem-divorce

trix

Postby trix » Tue Mar 20, 2001 2:09 pm

Also for those who think this whole divorce thing is a publicity stunt or something you can see a copy of the actual divorce papers at this site:

thesmokinggun.com/archive/mmdivorce1.shtmlhttp://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mmdivorce1.shtml

Look pretty legit to me. Frankly I don't see why anyone would assume these people would go through all this trouble of pretending to be breaking up to get publicity. If anything they seem like they don't really want that kind of attention paid to their relationship especially Kim.

CJ

Postby CJ » Tue Mar 20, 2001 3:28 pm

(Edited by CJ at 11:42 am on June 8, 2001)

amy16

Postby amy16 » Tue Mar 20, 2001 5:34 pm

i dont c y they need to lie?? i thinkits true!

I feel sorry for them coz they have been through alot together but if thats what they both want then thats the way its gunna b!

i think that there being adults about the whole situation, esp. with Halie Jade

trix

Postby trix » Tue Mar 20, 2001 5:44 pm

You know what CJ, I don't know you & you don't know me. So you need to watch how you speak to people you don't know, okay.

I don't believe that you are some one 'in the know'. Any person could get online & pretend like they know people who know people. Or they could get on here & pretend like they actually work for Eminem or whatever the case may be. Hell I could come on here & pretend like I know Eminem & start regurgitating all this stuff to make myself seem legit.

Maybe you should keep in mind that before Eminem is a famous person he is also a human being. 'Regular' people who aren't famous have trouble in their relationships & file for divorce & make up & break up yet again every day. I still don't understand why he isn't allowed to have a troubled marriage, it happens to people all the time & just b/c he's famous doesn't make him any different. & you wanna know what makes me sad? That there are people who think that this person would pretend that his family is falling apart to try to get some extra (unneeded) publicity.

I posted the link to the divorce papers b/c I saw them & figured that other people might want to see them out of curiosity. If you think it's all a hoax that's fine, you're entitled to think whatever you want but don't condescend to those who choose to believe otherwise.

micki

Postby micki » Wed Mar 21, 2001 3:35 am

there's something that i just noticed ...
ok ..
when marshall filed for divorce the first time .. WHY is Kim's name spelled differently from HER divorce papers?
Did he not know how her name was spelled ? In a serious matter like divorce, isn't it important that you get the correct spelling of the other party?
Does this strike anyone else as ODD or am I just obsessing over meaningless sh** ?

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 21, 2001 4:13 am

(Edited by CJ at 11:42 am on June 8, 2001)

trix

Postby trix » Wed Mar 21, 2001 12:56 pm

CJ - I have nothing against you & I have no problems w/ you b/c like I stated previously I don't know you. If you manage to 'prove' that this whole thing is a contrivance that's fine. It's not going to be regrettable b/c it's not like my life will be affected in any way shape or form. If you happen to be telling the truth & this is all some kind of PR stunt so what? I'm a fan of Eminem's music but my life does NOT revolve around his every move. There are more important things going on in the world than whether or not Eminem is really getting divorced or not. For example I live in California & we're having rolling blackouts & I'm more concerned w/ whether or not I'm gonna be sitting in the dark in a few hours.

BTW Eminem or Kim go through their attorneys offices who have ASSISTANTS who do all the little grubby work like typing out papers like these (believe me I know b/c I used to intern in an attorneys office). Do you actually think a busy attorney is going to have the time to sit down & personally type out the papers of every single one of his clients (& they do handle more than one case at a time) The misspelling of someone's name is NOT as important as you might think on legal documents & it doesn't make the document void. My name is misspelled on my birth certificate & my parents didn't even realize it until very recently. Nobody gets paid to sit down & proof read pages & pages of legal documents to make sure every single word is spelled correctly. Also Hailie being called Mathers in one set of docs & Scott in another is easily explained. In Eminem's docs of course he's going to think that his daughter has his last name & that's most likely what he told his attorneys & when Kim had her attorneys file she most likely told them that Hailie has her last name.  

But like I said earlier, I just posted the link to the papers b/c I thought people would want to see them out of curiosity. Whether or not you believe what you see or not is up to you. I happen to believe it's true but if it turns out not to be it's not a big deal either way.

micki

Postby micki » Wed Mar 21, 2001 5:18 pm

Wellllll ....
First of all, you said no one gets paid to proofread every SINGLE WORD in legal documents ?  The NAMES in legal documents are EXTREMELY important ... you may be right --->MAYBE an assistant messed up ..it isn't TOO MUCH of a difference in the spelling .. I'll give you that!But I'll tell you this much ... for someone that is handling CELEBRITY cases .. it's hard to believe they have such careless assistants. .
I have an associates degree in executive/legal assistance. While in college, the FIRST thing we learned was that it was CRUCIAL we proofread every aspect of our legal documents.... that's basically the whole job of a legal assistant .. PROOFREADING. .  . lol ..
Second .. exactly how old are you ?  
You've been an intern at an attorney's office and ONLY YOUR PARENTS realized RECENTLY  your name was mispelled ?  How did you get proper identification without noticing this YOURSELF?
Third of all,  your comment on  the whole Hailie thing-. Marshall didn't 'THINK' his daughter had his last name. In the Slim Shady LP credits, he says 'This album is dedicated to my daughter, Hailie Jade Scott'  
Did he just forget about it after 5 years?  Ummmm NOOOOO! That's not something that you accidentally mixup!  
Don't take this post personal. I know it seems a little harsh towards you and I'm not trying to verbally attack you, but you act as if your explanations behind everything were so cut and dry and that's just something that does NOT sit well with me!  :kiss:

(Edited by micki at 2:00 am on Mar. 22, 2001)

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 21, 2001 5:38 pm

(Edited by CJ at 11:50 am on June 8, 2001)

trix

Postby trix » Wed Mar 21, 2001 8:08 pm

Micki - You say that you're not verbally attacking me but you coulda fooled me. I really don't think I deserved to have you jump all over me & start questioning my every word like I'm lying or something. Why would I need to lie? What is there to gain exactly? There is really a mistake on my birth certificate it's very minor if you don't believe me then that's fine, whatever, there's really no way that I can prove it. I was just trying to make a point that nobody caught the mistake on my birth certificate & that's a legal document so maybe it happens to other legal documents as well. People make mistakes.

As for Hailie's last name. When Em recorded the SSLP he & Kim weren't married so Hailie had Kim's name. After they got married both Kim & Hailie had Em's last name. Now that they're getting divorced Kim might want to return to using her maiden name & maybe she wants Hailie to have it too. But I am just guessing b/c I don't know these people.

Like I stated previously I'm an Eminem fan who posted something that I felt other Eminem fans might want to see. & this is getting so weird & out of hand. I didn't join this forum to argue w/ people & to have people jump down my throat about stuff.

So can we just squash this? CJ you too b/c I didn't come here to argue w/ people. Let's just agree to disagree & call it a day.

(Edited by trix at 1:53 am on Mar. 22, 2001)

Invincible me

Postby Invincible me » Wed Mar 21, 2001 9:08 pm

trix i agree with you about the whole hallie name thing and people do use different names on legal papers and i know this for a fact cause my sister sued for custody and she used her last name once and the dads last name another time even though both last names are on the birth certificate.  Last names aren't that significant. This doesn't mean that i agree or disaree that this is a publicity stunt but you never know.

(Edited by Invincible me at 2:11 am on Mar. 22, 2001)

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 21, 2001 10:00 pm

(Edited by CJ at 11:51 am on June 8, 2001)

micki

Postby micki » Wed Mar 21, 2001 10:38 pm

-squashed-

Return to “Eminem”