newbie from Israel

lev

newbie from Israel

Postby lev » Sun Apr 01, 2001 2:48 pm

Â
Hi everyone! Whattttttt’s up?
My name is Levia, I’m from Israel, and I’m a new member.
I come from the Holy land- Israel.

I am now on vacation since it’s Passover now.
I got a big project to do for school , I chose to write about Em.
Well, I need opinions about his lyrics and how the influence
Young teenagers. Please post your opinions!

Hailie Jade

Postby Hailie Jade » Sun Apr 01, 2001 6:47 pm

I'm fourteen, and I'm a huge Eminem fan. I listen to a lot of rap, some of it has a positive message to it, a lot of it doesn't because it is an art form which is reflective of society. However, I'm not a violent person and the music I listen to doesn't influence me negatively. This is because my parents raised me properly and bestowed good values upon me so listening to obscenity laced music isn't going to corrupt me. My parents know that too, therefore, they are pretty lenient when it comes to my listening to hip hop music.

A kid who wasn't raise properly might be easily influenced by Eminem's music but you can't blame the artist for that. If a teen is emotionally disturbed, they're bound to do something violent regardless of what music they listen to. Granted, Eminem's music might provoke an idea in their mind but if it isn't his music that triggers a violent act, it will be somebody else's. If not music, then it will be a violent movie or book. It's up to a kid's parents to realize their son or daughter has a problem and get them help.

I don't think Eminem, or any artist for that matter, bears any responsibilty for the way their fans act. I think it's ridiculous for the media to blame Marilyn Manson for the Columbine sh*t. Come on, you know those kids were messed up and their parents must have had some issues too if they didn't notice anything wrong. People are just too close minded to admit that society is f*cked up, so when something like Columbine happens they blame it on people like Marilyn Manson or Eminem.

Anyway, there's my two cents... hope I helped a bit ;)

(Edited by Hailie Jade at 12:49 am on April 2, 2001)

EMINEMS1LUV

Postby EMINEMS1LUV » Sun Apr 01, 2001 11:11 pm

Hailie Jade, Im extremely impressed with you. Not to many 14 yr olds can communicate on an adult level as you do. Im glad to see that there are still parents that raise there children properly, to view all sides and be able to seperate right from wrong. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, keep it up.

lev

Postby lev » Mon Apr 02, 2001 1:09 pm

You helped me very much!
Thanx !!!!!!!!!!!

Livingthoughts

Postby Livingthoughts » Mon Apr 02, 2001 4:38 pm

Thank you Levia, for the nice comment you wrote in the other post. How are you and how is Israel? If you would like to have more web sites about Eminem, you can email me and I will forward them to you. livingthoughts@yahoo.co.uk
Have a Hag Sameach. Next year in Jerusalem! Or for you: next year in Brooklyn! ;)

(Edited by Livingthoughts at 5:48 pm on April 2, 2001)

(Edited by Livingthoughts at 5:49 pm on April 2, 2001)

Return to “Eminem”