peaches and CJ

Livingthoughts

peaches and CJ

Postby Livingthoughts » Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:04 pm

Here’s my take on everything that I have been reading the last few days. See CJ I just type it up in word and paste it later. That’s why I don’t have to worry about clicking reset. ;) So, take your time, or just don’t read it.

Malaysia, you have every right to ask questions about Eminem and gossip you have heard. That’s what this board is supposed to be about. But most of you questions are repetitive and your messages are very confusing to read. It’s almost you’re in a rush to write them. What are you on, honey!? ;) Plus there is already a lot covered in the previous bulletins try going through those first.

What do I think about Peaches? She, or someone to be claiming to be her, has posted some replies on here that she did not have something going on with Eminem. That she met him and that classmates started gossiping about her. By the way, wasn’t she retiring from her music? And I read in the NY Daily News, yes tabloid dish I know, that Em is quoted that he knows her and that’s it. Anyway I figured she just wanted to hang with him for her career. Besides she won’t be the last one. I indeed find it very naïve of someone to think that just because a man is married, he’s not going to cheat. Especially when you’re a celebrity and the cookie is right in front of you. So married or not, with or without Kim. When he’s on tour or away from home I do not think he’s such a saint. I think groupies are sad sad individuals who are in desperate need of attention and are willing to do everything for it. I think nevertheless it makes great reading material.

About his mother, I don’t know and I don’t care. I guess we all need to get some attention some times, don’t we? It’s good tabloid material Yeah, he’s had his fair share of neglected childhood, yadayada. But get over it, both of them. Love it or leave it. If there ever is a court date about this, he should make up or totally ignore her after. We’ll never know what exactly happened, we weren’t there. I don’t think Em is such a saint either, I think he has quit a temper. And spoiled in a way as well. You do not need money to spoil a kid rotten, you know. What about his father, is he on speaking terms with him? Does anyone know?

About him retiring. What are we supposed to do with this bulletin board, when he retire, will we ever get back together? (tear) Or do some people have a live outside this board and it's just me? (Everybody: 'it's just you!')

But sarcasm aside; I think most people would like him to stay and make music. He's very talented and it would be a waste to quit. Growing up with IceT, Cube, LL Cool J, DrDre, I find his talent amazing. As a matter of fact I haven't heard such a talented lyrical artist in years. Still miss Tupac though. The way he effectively uses the English language, it's poetic. The SSLP and MMLP intertwine with each other. Just listening to Kim and 97 Bonnie & Clyde. Of which Kim is the prequel. I have never heard an artist do something like that. The ability to write lyrics, so 3 dimensional, who sound like movies. He should write scripts, he probably will. I'm probably not making any refreshing statements here. I found his CD's personal and biographical, and good fiction too. (He Lev are you reading this? Maybe you can use this for your project as well.) And of course the talents Dre, Snoop Dogg, Xzbit, etc on his albums. I could go on and on about that. You see I’m more interested in his music.

And I agree, about music not making people aggressive. If you're raised with some forms of values and respect for yourself as well as for others. There's not any song or movie that will change you in some sort of rabid dog. I think especially with all those shootings at high schools, that parents and politicians mainly tried to look for any causes, instead of their own responsibilities. There, just solved the world problems, no go and live in peace! LOL

I most admit that his lyrics and any other rapper's lyrics are not for small children, but come on parents, what ever happened to explaining to your children about responsibilities and that this is only a song or only a movie. And don't try this at home! I haven’t seen so much commentary since IceT ‘Cop Killer’. Maybe because it was an election year again? Nobody really cares Remember what Bono said about Johnny Cash singing ‘ I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die’ nobody went out and do it or protested against it. What about Jimi Hendrix in Hey Joe. Didn’t Joe go out to shoot his woman and the other man she was running around with? And there are endless more lyrics. Somehow it’s always rappers who get blamed for their lyrics and asked to tone it down. In Holland we don’t have censoring like that. And I have yet to read a Dutch reporter writing anything about someone’s lyrics being too much, maybe disagreeing and state an argument. The only negative thing I read, which wasn’t that negative. Was, in a very respectable Dutch newspaper, that a music reporter thought the Rotterdam concert of Em was very tame. And that it was too choreographed and he didn’t live up to his hype.

Another thing I liked about him that he didn't came across as being manufactured (like boy bands, and some girl singers) by producers whose main reason it is to make lots of money fast. Well his talents are not manufactured at least. But reading about al those spins, it’s a bit disappointing. I know that a lot of celebrities and there PR departments, make up their past and present and events, in order to come, in em's case, across as a rough guy or what ever they would like you to think. But what if everything eventually comes out? Another reason to retire, the last one he would like to be compared with is Vanilla Ice. (oh no she didn’t say that!)

Not that I think the thread of K will happen. By the way K why the hostility? (I miss Trina and her commentary, at least she made some sense.) And saying CJ thinking she’s a g-d, may I recommend ‘Kiss My Tiara : How to Rule the World As a Smartmouth Goddess’ by Susan Jane Gilman’

What I would like to know from CJ is why are you doing this, or has this been asked before? I enjoy reading everything and am able to make up my own mind. And maybe you explained this before. But you must admit that there is some ego involved here, come on. To say that you are just doing this to let the fans know the truth, please. You’ve stated before you do not want to lose your job, so you’re not doing this because you’re sick and tired of your job and what you are doing. Do you feel any responsibility or regrets? Presuming you had something to do with making some of the stuff up and planning the events that went on? Please do tell.

You know K, who says tabloids or news agencies don’t already know what’s going on. Most agencies know a lot an only let it slip out when convenient for them. Think about all those celebrities who are gay and haven’t been outed. Everybody knows it, in the industry. Tabloids like stories about break ups and fights and slicing wrists. They eat it up and are more than happy to cooperate. Look at Time magazine (nice and conservative) jumping on the bandwagon, weren’t they spreading rumors that Em was person of the year? Later it turned out to be W. (blah) Even the Grammy’s turned on to the hype and I didn’t think they lived up to it.

Getting back to someone slicing her wrists. Yeah yeah, I talked about it before. So final statement; I still find it very hard to believe someone would do something like that. Plus, to ask your wife to do that. I may be the devils advocate here, but I think it’s wrong. (Fist in the air, grrr!) I do not see any good of this. And argument as this might be for the best of my daughter. I don’t think so, what about Haillie growing up and finding out about this? Em himself has been tight-lipped as far as media is concerned and let his wife, and friends do the dirty jobs for him? Please that’s weak. I just don’t think waving an unloaded gun can be compared with slicing your wrists.

OK this is my rant for now

no reflection

Postby no reflection » Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:46 pm

Reading about all the publicity stunts and PR doesn't disappoint me because Eminem is an artist and art is art, it exaggerates and expands boundaries. Also I think there is a lot of truth underneath it all. He does more than just rap about his personal life! He says a LOT of other stuff too so I don't think he's a fraud. It's weird reading about the extent of PR involved but for me it doesn't devaluate him as an artist. And I agree with what CJ said that if you want to believe in every little detail than he will be fake to you but if you see the other things he says then he won't be. But I have to ask CJ the same question.. no disrespect.. but after dealing with all this stuff everyday don't you get kinda bored with talking about it here? Not that it's not interesting reading what you say and I can also read it and see what I think is true.. I think what you say makes a lot of sense.. but if you have to deal with it all the time don't you just want a break from the whole thing?

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 04, 2001 4:20 pm

nm

(Edited by CJ at 1:44 pm on June 6, 2001)

Livingthoughts

Postby Livingthoughts » Wed Apr 04, 2001 5:28 pm

Thank you CJ for your very honest and open response. Wow a human being in the world called show business, cynical I know, but it’s true. Sounds to me indeed you’re getting tired of your job.

You know what I think about the people around you, men I presume, probably have found a way of reasoning with themselves and their regrets or guilt feelings, then again, money does a lot too. Or have been working too long in this business. Or do feel the same. They must sometimes stop and realize the impact it has on an artist. But like you said, don’t discuss it due to ‘the pack’ consequences. You can never ever take anything personal in show business.

I feel like Oprah’s book club over here recommending the following book ‘They can kill you, but they can’t eat you’ by Dawn Steel. Read it, seriously. She was a Hollywood producer and speaks honestly and with humor about her triumphs and her trials, and dealings with a male dominated society. Eventually she too decided that family and personal happiness was far more important to her. She died of cancer a few years ago.

I would have emailed you all this if I had your email address. I wish you lots of strength in your dealings with your job. It’s your happiness that’s far more important than anything else.

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:04 pm

nm

(Edited by CJ at 1:45 pm on June 6, 2001)

Livingthoughts

Postby Livingthoughts » Thu Apr 05, 2001 4:32 pm

Quote: from CJ on 7:04 pm on April 4, 2001[br]
Quote: from Livingthoughts on 11:28 pm on April 4, 2001[br]Thank you CJ for your very honest and open response. Wow a human being in the world called show business, cynical I know, but it’s true. Sounds to me indeed you’re getting tired of your job.

You know what I think about the people around you, men I presume, probably have found a way of reasoning with themselves and their regrets or guilt feelings, then again, money does a lot too. Or have been working too long in this business. Or do feel the same. They must sometimes stop and realize the impact it has on an artist. But like you said, don’t discuss it due to ‘the pack’ consequences. You can never ever take anything personal in show business.

I feel like Oprah’s book club over here recommending the following book ‘They can kill you, but they can’t eat you’ by Dawn Steel. Read it, seriously. She was a Hollywood producer and speaks honestly and with humor about her triumphs and her trials, and dealings with a male dominated society. Eventually she too decided that family and personal happiness was far more important to her. She died of cancer a few years ago.

I would have emailed you all this if I had your email address. I wish you lots of strength in your dealings with your job. It’s your happiness that’s far more important than anything else.

You're very welcome.  I thank you deeply, I am actually grateful that, finally, I have been able to air some extent of what I really feel.  Rather than detailing how someone else has felt about things happening, as usual, or plans being made - even though it's not my life that's being detailed, I am still to blame, to what degree is negotiable, for the invasion of people's lives, and their privacy.  

That is a disgusting thing to live with, but so saying, I have managed so far.  Maybe, not being arrogant here, speaking with those affected eases the weight on my conscience - knowing that they're going to be alright, and that they're aware of what's pending, probably eases those feelings.  Although, I have nothing to compare it to, as I have always been able to check with them for myself, I imagine it's far worse if you just outright throw it out there, and screw those it affects.  Now that is not a pretty thought.  

As for those around me, yes, the majority are males, but the females certainly make themselves known - by being the epitomy of the term 'bitch.'  They are the ones who actually make my life a living hell - mainly because they enjoy taunting me over the credibility of certain people's names, without ever having spoken with them, and I, (being the ever-loyal friend), have to jump when they get particularly nasty.  I cannot tolerate bitchy, sleazy, filthy, females - I just find it impossible to justify.  

Anyway, as usual when discussing my feelings, I'm going off on a journey that's irrelevant.  One last thing, if you'd like to, I can always e-mail your good self, and maybe further this privately.  I'll leave this decision to you.

I’m sending you a quick reply because I don’t have that much time today, sorry. But I like you honesty and you’re more than welcome to email me so we can talk. This is after all an Eminem bulletin board. ;) Talk to you soon.

CJ

Postby CJ » Thu Apr 05, 2001 5:11 pm

nm

(Edited by CJ at 1:45 pm on June 6, 2001)

Return to “Eminem”