Judge Judy on Eminem

admin
Supreme Member

Judge Judy on Eminem

Postby admin » Fri Apr 06, 2001 2:35 am

>> Jay: Like eminem just got a couple of grammys.

>> Yeah, you don't give a reward to somebody who talks about chopping up body parts and putting them in a trunk. First amendment --

>> jay: You know, every generation has to try and shock more than the last one. When i was a kid, 'ooh, he's got long hair. Ooh, look, they're living together.' Now, they're chopping each other in body parts.

[ Laughter ] I don't know where it ends, probably cannibalism.

>> Have we defined deviancy down then? Have we said long hair -- long hair's all right. Have we said piercing -- piercing's okay. How about chopping up your girlfriend and putting her in the car?

>> Jay: Again, i'm not a defender of eminem. I just defend your right to say it.

>> Absolutely.

>> Jay: But to have a middle ground, you got to go to the far right and the far left.

>> Jay, I agree. First amendment says he has the right to say whatever he wants. My issue is the industry giving him a prize because that's making him a hero to children.

>> Jay: You know, I have to be fair. I don't know enough about his other music. I don't know whether it's one song. Personally, I think the guy is kind of a weasel because he makes fun of gays and women. You don't see him talking about black guys, because when you use that word, they stop you on the street, and they slap you around, okay.

[ Laughter ]

>> i would stop him on the street and slap him around.

>> Jay: Most gays, most women, I don't know if they're very confrontational. But you know what I'm saying? He's not talking about italian guys are wimps and weasels, boom, they're dead.

[ Laughter ] these people always pick on, to me, the segment of society least likely to confront them or defend themselves. So i don't have a lot of respect for it.

>> Fine, but what I'm saying is don't give him a reward. You know, you wouldn't give somebody a prize for humming 'mein kampf.'

>> Jay: No, but hitler was made man of the year in 1959.

>> Was it a big mistake?

>> Jay: He was the man that most affected the world that year.

>> Do you think they would do it in 1945? Probably not. Hindsight is 20/20. So i think that when we make heroes out of people who don't deserve hero status to kids, we're making a big mistake, whether it's sports heroes or media heroes.

Return to “Eminem”