divorce case judge

CJ

divorce case judge

Postby CJ » Tue Apr 10, 2001 9:22 am

(Edited by CJ at 12:13 pm on June 8, 2001)

NYQUIL

Postby NYQUIL » Tue Apr 10, 2001 12:16 pm

Quote: from CJ on 3:22 pm on April 10, 2001[br]The same judge that is dealing with the 'divorce,' Judge Viviano, is also 'sentencing' him this afternoon at 13:00 (your time).  I'm not saying anything - hell, I shouldn't have to with this item!

Sorry, but if I was watching this from the other side of the fence as everyone else, even I would have a problem stomaching that detail!  Also, he'll be told the 'sentence' before it's read out in court - how considerate, wouldn't you say?  It would be nice if we could all have such considerate judges.  

Another little indicator for all, in case you never caught this one, Carl Marlinga stood firm that there would be 'no plea deals' given - strange then, when recently he gave him the option of 'plead guilty to the more severe charge, and we'll drop the other', also he refused to let go of the 'insisting on at least 17 months jail term' and now it's dropped to 'no more than six months.'

Now, what was that skit from the D12 album again........

'For every chair that I throw, I got lawyers I know, who got judges they know......'

Disgustingly hefty fine, and probation, watch!

CJ, I hope you are right, cause I dont want EM to go to jail.....What's 'probation' mean anyway? That he will be under scrutiny from the courts for bad behaviour for a period of time? I hear of 'probation' all the time, but I dont really know what it entails.....

bebo

Postby bebo » Tue Apr 10, 2001 1:06 pm

taken from: Mtve.com

Eminem will learn today if he is to be sent to prison after pleading guilty to carrying a concealed weapon during a February hearing, as part of a plea bargain which meant prosecutors dropped an assault charge against him. The charges followed an incident outside a Detroit nightclub in June last year, when Eminem confronted a man who thought was kissing his wife Kim, allegedly hitting him over the head with a pistol which had been hidden inside his jacket.

Eminem will be told of the judge´s decision before facing the court in Mount Clemens, Michigan today. If he does not accept the sentence, he can still withdraw his guilty plea and go to trial to fight the charge.

Eminem´s lawyers are thought to expect a probationary sentence, while prosecutors move to put him behind bars.

Eminem could face up to five years in prison.

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 11, 2001 3:54 am

(Edited by CJ at 12:13 pm on June 8, 2001)

Livingthoughts

Postby Livingthoughts » Wed Apr 11, 2001 9:36 am

Who's going to be the judge sentencing him on April 23rd?

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 11, 2001 9:57 am

(Edited by CJ at 12:14 pm on June 8, 2001)

Return to “Eminem”