eminem and ICP court case

Crazewhitegurl77

eminem and ICP court case

Postby Crazewhitegurl77 » Tue Apr 10, 2001 6:44 pm

Even though Eminem put one of the legal troubles behind him, he still faces another. He has to still go to court for the ICP thing. I read at MTV.com, that the prosecuters aren't looking for jail time, so he'll probably just have to pay a fine.

micki

Postby micki » Tue Apr 10, 2001 10:54 pm

The ICP thing was dropped.

That's why he pleaded guilty... it was a plea bargain.

So actually ... his legal troubles are over .. .... for now.

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Apr 11, 2001 3:35 am

Quote: from micki on 4:54 am on April 11, 2001[br]The ICP thing was dropped.

That's why he pleaded guilty... it was a plea bargain.

So actually ... his legal troubles are over .. .... for now.

Again, thank you.

I already stated this in the other post regarding Viviano presiding over both of his 'legal matters'.  Prosecutors caved on one, in return for a guilty plea for the other.

Hailie Jade

Postby Hailie Jade » Wed Apr 11, 2001 7:59 am

I'm confused now.... doesn't he still have to go to court for the ICP thing? From what I understand, the charge that was dropped was the assault with a deadly weapon's charge which stemmed from the incident with John Guerra. That was in exchange for him pleading guilty to carrying a concealed weapon which stemmed from the same incident.

Doesn't he still have to go to court for carrying a concealed weapon and brandishing a firearm in public during that confrontation with Douglas Dail? The prosecutors aren't seeking jailtime though so I guess you could say his legal troubles are over.

amy16

Postby amy16 » Wed Apr 11, 2001 9:15 am

Dont worry u r right. his problems are not over yet, read the bottom of this article from worldpop.Eminem has escaped a jail sentence after pleading guilty in a Michigan court to a charge of carrying a concealed weapon. The rapper received two years probation and was ordered to undergo counselling. The star was also banned from drinking or taking drugs. Eminem had faced a maximum five year jail sentence. As part of the court order, the star now needs permission to leave the US and he must also pay $7,500 in court costs. He is banned from possessing firearms.

The charge followed an incident outside a nightclub in Michigan last June when Eminem saw his wife, Kim, kissing another man in a car park. Police alleged that Eminem 'pistol whipped' the man, John Guerra.

Judge Viviano told the rapper: 'In this case the weapon was not loaded and there was no direct danger to human life.'

After the hearing Eminem said: 'The judge treated me fair, just like any other human being. I just want to get it behind me and get back to spending time with my little girl and making music.'

Last night Eminem's mother, Debbie Mathers-Briggs said: 'I didn't want him to get jail. You may have differences but you never stop loving a child.'

However Eminem is due before another court on 23 April over a confrontation with a member of rap combo Insane Clown Posse. Eminem faces a charge of carrying a concealed weapon and assault with a deadly weapon on Insane Clown Posse associate Douglas Dail outside an audio electronics store in Royal Oak, Michigan, on 3 June last year. Eminem denies the charges.

Return to “Eminem”