DJ refuses to play Stan

Rick

DJ refuses to play Stan

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 17, 2001 9:36 pm

A morning deejay in the British city of Birmingham walked out of his live radio show this past Friday after refusing to play Eminem's song 'STAN'. Graham Mack was ordered to play the song, but said it was 'rubbish' and argued on the air with his boss, the station's program director.

Mack said he didn't want to play the song because Eminem is, quote, 'a bigot, a criminal and he's on probation.' The program director, Adam Bridge, called Mack and, not realizing he was on the air, told him, 'I don't pay you for your opinions, I pay you to play what I tell you to play. Just play the bloody song.' Mack told Bridge that they were live, and retorted, quote, 'I'm outta here, if you want it played, you bloody play it.' He stalked out, leaving another deejay to take over the last half-hour of his show.

A spokesperson for the radio station said that Mack's show would continue, but admitted that they did not know where he was. The spokesperson also admitted that Mack's criticism of the station was 'embarassing.'

Interesting...just a little tidbit

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Tue Apr 17, 2001 11:02 pm

where'd you find this Rick? Is there an online newswire I'm not aware of?

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 18, 2001 12:41 am

ABC Eprep....it's a radio information source (aka SHOWPREP). We subscribe to at the station, they had it posted in the music area. Interesting eh?

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Wed Apr 18, 2001 1:29 am

cool... added the free version to the gossip links:

abceprep.com/global/guest.htmlhttp://www.abceprep.com/global/guest.html

Return to “Eminem”