Album News

Froggie

Postby Froggie » Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:38 pm

Has Eminem Gone The Way Of Mase And MC Hammer?

NEW YORK — Eminem has given up alcohol and purple pills, according members of his D12 crew — and that's not the only change the Shady one is going through.

He's 'seen the light,' they said, and it's going to reflect in his music. Eminem is trading in his hardcore hip-hop MO and going the gospel rap route on his new LP, The Eminem Show, they insisted.

'Em is about to open a church, and we're gonna be his deacons,' Proof said Thursday with a straight face.

'He's gonna have Mase on his new album,' Bizarre added.

Although it may be true that Em has sobered up (Proof cites his partner's probation for that), it was obvious they were kidding about the religious transformation as they hung out in their hotel room prior to a show at the Hammerstein Ballroom with Gorillaz.

However, during one of their few serious moments, the D12 members did disclose that upcoming songs like 'Die Tonight,' 'We Hate Our Label' and 'Sold Our Soul' are more lighthearted than material from Eminem's previous efforts.

'It's not that angry, and it shouldn't be, 'cause he'd be fake,' Proof said. 'If he's still talking the same sh--, what would be the maturity in it? If he's talking [about how] he's broke or wants to kill everybody, [that won't work anymore.] He's happy now. The muthaf---er got some money. He can't keep saying the same sh--.'

Proof said Eminem is sharing the wealth — he gave the D12 rapper a small part in his upcoming semi-autobiographical film, '8 Mile.'

'I'm in the movie where I slay Eminem,' he said, laughing. 'I slay him for real, I'll slay him in the movie. What? It's not even acting. Nah, I play a character that defeats Eminem. I just rap, a little cameo of me kicking my rhyme.'

The guys said everything was cool on the set, until the script called for some homes to be set ablaze. Residents of the area, where arson has been a problem, got upset.

'I don't know why Detroit was hating on it like that,' Bizarre said. 'Them buildings that he was burning down were abandoned houses that kids had been raped in and stuff like that. So basically he was doing them a favor, and he was gonna pay them to do it.'

—Shaheem Reid

mtv.com/news/articles/1452709/20020301/index.jhtml?headlines=truehttp://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1452709/2...?headlines=true

:dance:

Damn U Smell
Supreme Member

Postby Damn U Smell » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:17 am

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Damn, when I was reading the first part, I was like WHAT?!? and then I read the rest and I realized I should have known. :frog:

Well I'm glad he's layin' off a little and not gonna be trippin' as much on his new LP, I really want to hear the real MC behind the music and not just a guy rappin' about bullsh*t fueds, he's got skills.  

Thankx for the article.</span></span>

Froggie

Postby Froggie » Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:51 pm

Rather than make a new topic I'll just add on to this thread.

Heres an article from y2hiphop.com.

Y2Hiphop.com staff member, Slim recently picked up a lot of info regarding Eminem from a short conversation on HOT 97 between Eminem himself and Angie Martinez. Here is a summary of what went down during the conversation:

- The Eminem Show is coming out May 28th...

- he said all the rumors about him quitting drinking, smoking and doing drugs is NOT true...he said those rumors we either jokes or he didn't know where they came from...in his words- 'I still do drugs, I still drink and I'm doing everything heavily'...

- he said the new album is very angry...

Angie ( about the new album, after he said that ): 'You're still doing angry music?'
Em: 'Yeah I'm still very angry, I'm so f*n mad I'm shaking right now'
(he was joking when he said that but he did say the album was angry)

- all the rumors about him being more spiritual and doing a gospel-type album is NOT true

My comments: As far as I know there is no audio of Em on hot97, so you can't hear it anywhere. But this is from a reliable site.

MakGonz

Postby MakGonz » Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:13 pm

Man, whatever he comes out with, I'm sure it will be hot and controversal(sp?). And the thing about Mase being on the album, that's a joke, he quit rapping. And besides, Eminem did diss him on the 'Slim Shady Show'. That sh** was funny.

S L I M M Y

Postby S L I M M Y » Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:31 pm

ASS U GUYZ NOW, THE EMINEM SHOW WILL B COMIN OUT MAY 28TH, AND D 8MILE MOVIE IS GON COME OUT, NOV. 8TH!

Sleepie

Postby Sleepie » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:12 pm

HOT97 is like the music industries place to spew your ignorance out. In a attempt to quiet all talks of his album being 'soft', em comes out and says he's still the same ol' em. Well, much love to em, but if you watched the court proceedings on CourtTV, the judge let him know that he needed to make his upcoming albums much more easier to swallow. Although, it wasn't an exact SENTENCE to the rapper, it was a warning that had this pale whiteboy, whom was given an alternate slap on the wrist rather that hard time, that if he continues to be a 'mad' rapper all the time, it will catch up to him. In irony I guess, his judge happened to be a women, whom really layed into him. What would he have done if it was a gay women? Whoa! If he's smart, for his own sake (and for his ass'), he will lighten it up and attempt to stay out of jail.

Froggie

Postby Froggie » Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:46 am

Welcome to the boards Sleepie. :)

Return to “Eminem”