Eminem Settles with Wife-Kisser

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:33 pm

Eminem Settles with Wife-Kisser
by Marcus Errico
Apr 9, 2002, 4:35 PM PT

Eminem has just kissed $100,000 goodbye.

That's the amount the rapper has agreed to pay a Michigan man to settle a lawsuit stemming from a June 2000 scrap outside a suburban Detroit bar in which Eminem allegedly pulled a gun on the guy for kissing the rapper's then-wife.

Claiming he feared for his life, John Guerra filed an emotional-distress suit against the gun-toting Eminem just days after the incident went down.

Guerra, 28, claimed he was with Eminem's now ex-wife, Kimberly Mathers (the two divorced last year), in the parking lot after the bar had closed. 'Kim and I were embracing, she gave me a kiss,' he said.

That's when the rapper went into death-to-smoochy mode and allegedly walloped Guerra in the kisser with an unloaded handgun.

'The next thing I hear is 'Gun! Gun! Gun!' ' Guerra said. 'I truly believe he was going to kill me. He was in such a rage.'

Eminem eventually pleaded guilty to criminal charges of carrying a concealed weapon stemming from the incident and is serving two years' probation. (The gun has been nothing but trouble for the hip-hopster. He is currently on probation in another case that took place the same weekend involving the same pistol, in which he allegedly pulled said weapon on associates of the rival Detroit rap group Insane Clown Posse.)

According to the Macomb Daily, a panel of arbitration attorneys recommended the monetary award after hearing arguments from lawyers for both sides last month. The rapper and the osculater agreed to the amount. Per the settlement, neither man admitted any liability or wrongdoing.

'I'm sure he's pleased that the litigation is over with, the same way anyone is, I suppose, who has to go through litigation when it's finally over,' Eminem attorney Peter PeaCO** tells the newspaper.

The sum was 'less than what we wanted,' John Gaber, one of Guerra's lawyer, tells the paper (the lawyers' cut comes out of the $100,000). But, he adds, 'I could say we did better than Mom. Much better.'

He's referring of course to Debbie Mathers, who had sued her son for upwards of $12 million, claiming he defamed her in songs and magazine interviews. She wound up settling for $25,000 and, according to the Macomb Daily, pocketed only about $2,000 after attorney fees.

Eminem still faces a lengthy legal docket, including lawsuits from a former school bully the rapper allegedly mocked in one of his tracks and a French jazz composer who claims Eminem illegally sampled a song.

The multiplatinum-selling, endlessly controversial rapper makes his movie debut November 8 in the semi-autobiographical 8 Mile. The film's soundtrack, produced by Eminem and mentor Dr. Dre, should hit stores earlier.

source: E!

Froggie

Postby Froggie » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:28 pm

Thanks for the news Miss Moon. :)

:dance:

Return to “Eminem”