Is it just me??

BrazilianMamiNYC

Postby BrazilianMamiNYC » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:05 pm

I don't know what happened, I used to be the BIGGEST Eminem fan,I just thought he was the most talented and hottest rapper on this earth and then after this album....

I don't know, it just seems bleh to me. Like, if you pay attention to the lyrics, it's the same damn sh*t, 'im back, im back, you can't stop me,I'mma say whatever I want, i hate my baby's momma,she makes my life a living hell, blah blah'.

Damn, it's just getting old...Move the f*ck on, man....And this 'Whitout me' song is the most annoying song I've heard in a long time...

LOL...Don't hate, yall, I just wanna express my opinion. :)

MysteryPerson

Postby MysteryPerson » Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:34 am

Your lucky he even expresses how he feels to his fans.. And it is exposed so the whole world can hear it..Not everybody does that..
But, I do think it is harsh bout some of things he says bout his wife and his mom bout saying I wish you born in hell.. He writes the sweetest things bout his daughter.. But, he gets in trouble for the song word sometimes..
Not, all his songs are saying I'm back, I'm back..

Well, thiz iz my opinion.

Peace bye.

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:03 pm

:laugh: and how many bands.artists.groups.sh** put out the same record OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER? at least marshall has something relevant and important 2 himself to say and express. most of the others can't even come up with the same boring sh** they put out on their own,they let others make it for them. it's that sh** that clogs the airways,not an artist like em that puts his true heart and soul into all his music. GO EM!
:beerchug:

sassybaby
Advanced Member

Postby sassybaby » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:12 pm

Actually Em kinda changed his opinion towards his mother... I mean he doesn't kill her as much! lol and when I was listening to the 3 part radio interview with him... in one of them, he said something like, he loves her, but they just don't have a good relationship or something. But his album does have similarities to his last... like at the end of white america, its the same as i think 'kill you', but he changed ladies to America. 'I'm just playin America, you know I love you.'
And Superman sounds the same at the beginning intro.

(Edited by sassybaby at 6:13 pm on June 29, 2002)

MoRtiCia13
Ultra Member

Postby MoRtiCia13 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:26 pm

doesn't hate his mom but doesn't like her...WHAT? U MEAN ALL FAMILIES AREN'T JUST SWELL AND SWEET?
:laugh:i feel ya shady!

Sleepie

Postby Sleepie » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:40 pm

BrazilianMamiNYC, im with ya...

I have listened to every albumtrack eminem has been featured on. I don't care if he just says HI in the track, I have listened to it.

On his first release, Infinite, he was grimmy and as good as any underground album was gunna be. Beats were pretty generic, but rhyming was REALLY him.

His second release, The Slim Shady EP, was as good as Infinite was. I gave him crazy props for keeping it real and making it legit without selling out. This was only released in TAPE and VINYL, so not too many people have had the chance to listen to it. A Re-Released CD would be great for the true eminem fans.

His third release, The Slim Shady LP, was pretty much the tracks, but a few were added. They also got rid of a track that I thought they should have left on. 'Just don't give a F*** ' was a great track, and should have gotten a little more play. 'Murder Murder' was also a track that should have made it to the LP, but I believe since it had 2Pac on it, that might have been a reason it was trashed. The LP additions were OK, but showed a side of eminem that focused on shocking his audience. Great album none the less. This was released in CD, and a Special Edition CD with some acapella's.

His next release, which was his 4th for those of you counting, was The Marshall Marthers LP. The CD was great, listened to entire thing and was pleased. I felt he used the same 'Shock' syndrom selling tactic. I also felt he was entirely too focused on his mom and ex-wife. Still far better than many rappers 4th release. I was able to play this CD for a long time before getting tired of it. I still go back to it now-a-days. The Taiwan import had some nice instrumentals and mixes.

'His' 5th release, was a release with his old pals and new signee's, D-12 labeled Devils Night. Terrible. He was a lyrical talent, but without eminem's name on the CD, it would have not sold. Bizarre himself made me change my mind on the CD. When a track on the CD was flowing great, Bizarre would come on and ruin it. His ignorant words and gross lyrics were enough for me to not recommend it to anyone. I give props to Proof and Swift for keeping up with eminem. The bonus disc that came with some CDs was OK. Not great, but there none the less.

His 6th CD, The Eminem Show, was undoubtably his worst CD release. Although it may be better that the D12 one, I felt it was a solo disaster. If anyone had never heard eminem's prior CD's, they might have liked this one. His first single, Without Me, is very catchy, but got overplayed and soon the same catchyness became annoying. He talks about his mother, which he has done. He talks about his ex-wife, which he has done so much, eminem fans feel they have the right to call her kim as if they know her on a formal basis. He talks about his daughter, which I feel is good for someone to love his child so much. However, his tracks talking about his child always seem to lead back to talking about his wife. He talks about white america. However, the main thing I noticed was his lack of mention of drugs. So you got his wife, his daughter, his mom. How about just putting on some country, and playing The Marshall Mathers LP at the same time. Safe Effect? More than likely. This CD is NOT worth the buy. I talked about bonus discs, and imports from his other CDs. I have yet to grab any imports or bonus discs for this CD, but I did grab the much anticipated DVD. Can you say boring? How about commercial? We all know he has a movie coming out, if you want to do something for the fans, release your next album without mention of your mom, child, or ex. Then again, I don't think I want to hear another Bizarre tape either, so just drop him from your label, and we'll call it even.

MysteryPerson

Postby MysteryPerson » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:22 pm

How many CD, has he made?? Six??

madhavi

Postby madhavi » Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:22 pm

So, you say you like how he can talk bout chopin his wife(ex now) and throw her in the trunk and take his daughter with him to throw her in the water, But you dont like his new c.d which makes him seem more mature and grown up.
He talks about the world,and political problems, Not just his wife, mom , and Daughter.
Like he has stated many times his music is his therapy instead of spendin hundreds even thousands of dollars on shrinks he writes what he feels down on paper only to come out with the same results as a shrink could give the only diffrences, he did it him self and published it only to make money and do what he does best make rhymes.
I dont like Bizzare really and I agree with you on swift and proof but to drop Bizzare what are you crazy? what kind of person or friend would that make him?.
dirty dozen, D12, they are pretty much faimly and he would never do that
his DVD you're right could have had more stuff to it, but other than that it was good yes maybe a bit commercial but how else is their to promote his Europe DVD, His movie and cartoon,
For realising 6 C.D's that have done as well as they have and for having his 6th one be at number 1 for how long? thats right it must be pretty damn good.
Its all my opinion but like eminem said his fans must have it the hardest cuz defending him is a big Job and Im just stating that.
well hit me back, if ya wanna talk or argue more bout it, or just whatever
~!~have a good one~!~

Sleepie

Postby Sleepie » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:57 pm

I had to reply to this one. I did not say talking about choping his wife and whatever was a good thing, but it was how he came out. He made his name like that, and it was a huge props to him because not too many rappers came out and said this. The Eminem Show, does not talk about Political Problems. It has one track about "white america", but without "white america" eminem is nothing. "White America" owns his label, and without "White America", he is nothing. Who do you think puts the cash down to make his CDS? Don't say he does because the label he claims to own is just a front like Puff Daddy's Bad Boys. Its no bigger than another place to stamp his name. As for him growing up, you think so really? I mean, he talks about his mother, and his daughter on his albums. He doesn't want people to talk about his daughter, yet he can't seem to keep her name out of his mouth. Great, he's being a great parent, but the "take your child to work day" was not intended for rappers. If he rapped Will Smith like, I could understand why he would be able to share the mic with his kid, but then he would be nothing by a "White" rapper.

Instead of spending hundreds even thousands of dollars on shrinks, he writes what he feels down on paper. Lets look at this the easy way. The reason he writes what he writes is to make money. Don't fool yourself. Infinite was as close as he was going to get to a "therapy album", and on that album he seemed the happiest he has ever been.

What kind of friend or person would that make eminem to drop Bizzare? Good point, but none the less, bizzare sucks. If he really wants to make his fans happy, make it d12 and just leave bizzare off all the tracks. If he really wants to be a friend, give bizzare his cut still. He can even give bizzare a whole track for himself, but don't allow him to break a great flowing track down with immature moronic lyrics that are put together for rhyming purposes only.

His DVD sucked, there is no other way you can put it. I don't care if he is out to promote music, cartoons, movies, or himself. The DVD sucked. I am not saying he should have made a great DVD, because if it was great, I can garuntee it would be sitting on the shelf right next to "The Eminem Show" with a $29.95 stamp on it. I guess its a good thing that it sucked.

6CDs. The 6th sucked, the rest were ok. Eminem will always sell, because he is white. That is the only reason. He has much talent, but from the beginning he has taken a downfall just like 99% of all other artists do. The only difference between him and the others are that he is white. Ask all the Eminem fans if they have purchased a Cormega album.

Defending Eminem? As many shots as he takes at other people, its almost ironic that he says he needs to be defended. Maybe Fred Durst, Everlast and Britney Spears should also release a DVD and tell their fans that they have the hardest job also.

On a last note, you say that I don't like his new CD that makes him seem more mature and grown up. If you have ever played the vinyl LP Infinite, you will realize that eminem was mature when he made that LP. He put it lyrically, how it should be. I have heard Eminem mature, The Eminem Show is not it.

-pZ
-SLEEPIE

<!--EDIT|Sleepie|Jul 10 2002, 03:59 AM-->

kelceysgrl

Postby kelceysgrl » Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:04 pm

I just wanted to tell you that Eminem is the best rapper in the world and I think that he has moved on about his wife and his mom. You dont listen close enough you just listen to the outside words. Why don't you read inbetween the lines. He loves his daughter and he loves his wife but she dosent treat him right she is pregnant with another mans baby. What is that why don't you try to understand him a little better. :angry: :rolleyes: :huh: ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: <_< :) :( :unsure: :blink: :ph34r:

madhavi

Postby madhavi » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:28 pm

Maybe youre right bout some things lol anywaz I guess I have said everything I need to I hope you keep in touch with me because I find u very interesting thanx!

Love,[QUOTE]

Sleepie

Postby Sleepie » Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:26 am

kelceysgrl...

Eminem the best rapper in the world...no. Best lyricist, maybe. Best shock artist, for sure. Best parent, hell no. Best son, probably not. Best white rapper, yes... (until jin hits the scene with his solo). Best realist... not sure, how real can someone with 2 different alteregos be?

Moved on about his wife and his mother. I believe that when I see a eminem album that has no mention of "KIM", "DEBBIE", "MOM" or "WIFE". You are starting to sound like the people that eminem wants. Which is a good thing I guess since this will garuntee you will always have someone to look up to, and he will always have at least one person that will buy his CD. Read between the lines? Exactly what line would you like me to read between?

This one...
But the smartest sh** I did was take the bullets outta that gun
Cause I'd of killed em, sh** I would've shot Kim and them both

Or maybe this one...
And Nathan's growing up so quick he's gonna know that your phoney
And Hailie's getting so big now, you should see her, she's beautiful
But you'll never see her, she wont even be at your funeral

This one?...
Listen to the sound of Kim as she licks on the c***

I found it!... This ONE!...
I rap like I’m addicted to smack like I’m Kim Mathers.

The only thing is... all those, look pretty much like he hates them all. Funny. She doesn't treat him right? I see, they break up and she is suposed to not f*** another dude in her entire life. Makes sence to me.

I am not paid nearly enuff to sit down and try to understand him. No one understands him. What you understand is the RAPPER EMINEM. You will never understand Marshall Mathers. Eminem raps about things that sell CDS. He doesn't care to rap about his own boring current life, cause then he would just talk about how rich and white he is. Not much fun there...

madhavi: thanks for the feedback, your comments were... interesting also. =)

What is that why don't you try to understand him a little better. [I][I][I]

Return to “Eminem”