Ricky Martin Wipes The Floor With Enrique

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:28 pm

No offence or anything but Ricky runs rings around him. He is more handsome, has a much better singing voice, has better songs, and of course is arguably the best male Peformer in Pop. Ricky's shows are legendary. And he sings live in all of them as well :P .

His Spanish album is out in Januray/Febuary 2003 and will sell like Millions.

Forget Enrique Ricky is King!!! :D

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:53 am

<_< Oh, give me a freekin break! Enrique is a million times better than Ricky. How can you say Ricky has a better voice than Enrique? Ricky's voice is so weak he has his backup singers doing most of the singing. He doesn't have any range where as Enrique's voice can reach high notes and he sings with so much passion and emotion in his voice. Enrique also write his own songs which is more than you can say about Ricky who has everyone else write his crappy music. Like 'She Bangs' or 'Shake Your Bon Bon' is quality music...yeah right! hahaha And Enrique is way sexier than Ricky is and he doesn't have to shake his ass to prove it. All he has to do is stand still and give that hypnotic stare from his big, dark mezmoring eyes and girls are putty in his hands.

Besides, who's all the talk right now? Of course, it's Enrique! His cd is a huge success, he's seen everywhere you look from magazines to tv appearances. He's become phenominally successful and you pathetic Ricky Martin fans can't satnd it because Ricky has fallen off the face of the earth and has been forgotten. People magazine, VH1, MTV have had countdowns of the top 25 sexiest male celebs and Enrique has been in every one but there was no mention of Ricky whatsoever and before you say it's because he's out of the limelight, Enrique himself, was out of the limelight more than a year ago but he was still included in the sexiest polls which means he was gone but not forgotten. That says it all. Ricky might have been a sensation a while back but shaking your hips and having an average voice with no songwriting skills wears thin and doesn't have staying power. You need REAL talent and that's where Enrique fits in! Enough said!!!

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:19 am

Way to go, latinmusiclover! I couldn't have said it better myself! I agree that Enrique is better than Ricky. Ricky is old news, make room for the new kig Latin sensation Enrique! VIVA ENRIQUE!

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:09 am

:lol: Oh please you call yourself a latinmusic lover and diss ricky. You obviousley have no knowledge of that kind of Music. Ricky started the whole crossover thing, if it wern't for him Enrique would never have happened. You criticise Ricky;s voice yet Ricky has never been booed off stage for miming, Ricky also appeared in Les Miserables on Broadway. Obviousley he can sing live, unlike others I can mention.

Ricky is away from the music scene right now because he needed a break, he works very hard and his career is his life. So he doesn't write his own songs, neither does Britney. Enrique never wrote Bailamos, it was written by the same person who wrote Cher's Believe. And if you look at this message board you will see Rickys board is alot more active. So he's not forgotten. The abuse Ricky took from Enrique fans in the past few years is laughable, he's always been second fiddle to Ricky, thats why Enrique stomps out of interviews when Ricky;s name is mentioned.He is so rude and disrespectful. Not to mention a laughing stock.I mean getting booed at you own concert!.

Get over it.

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:13 am

Yeah, I'm a latinmusiclover alright but that is of good Latin music, not shiit music like 'She Bangs' and 'Shake Your Bon Bon.' And seeing how crappy those songs did on the Billboard charts others agree.

Now I just have to laugh at your defense of Ricky. You call comparing Ricky to Brittney Spears a defense? Honey, I wouldn't be proud about that one. That was your first mistake. Brittney's only talent is that she can dance. She has such a weak voice, she doesn't write her own music and some of her songs are so stupid. Wait a minute, that does sound a lot like Ricky in comparison. Maybe you were right to compare them after all.

And I wouldn't be quick to think Ricky ALWAYS sings live. It's funny how he can dance like he's on drugs and still sound like his records and not be out of breath when he's singing. Hmmmm, something is fishy there.

And you can say Ricky has a good voice till you're blue in the face but the fact is whenever you hear him sing his past songs, I have yet to hear him really hit a high note without his backup singers doing most of the singing. The guy has a monotone voice. I will say this, he sings okay in Spanish, but his English songs suck!

So what if he started the Latin movement, Enrique always planned on crossingover when he was signed with Interscope records, Ricky just got the jump on him. And who do they always say is the biggest Spanish record selling artist in the world? It's not Ricky. Yep it's Enrique. Enrique is and always will be considered the biggest international artist. Ricky might have been more popular in the US but he can't compare to Enrique's popularity internationally. And lets compare how well Ricky's Sound Loaded cd did compared to Enrique's Escape cd. Um, let's see, Ricky's Sound Loaded did crappy on the Billboard charts while Enrique's Escape cd has just gone triple platinum. And oh yes, Enrique's new Spanish cd, Quizas made record history on the Billboard charts as being the highest Spanish launguage cd debut on the Billboard 200. Not bad for a guy who was supposedly booed by some of his fans. That supposed incident certainly hasn't hurt his career. Ricky, on the other hand, well he better start getting some quality music soon or he will never hit the Billboard charts again. Shaking your hips can only get you so far. After that novelty wears off, people really just want to buy good quality music. Maybe Ricky should come up with a beautiful ballad (written by himself, mind you) who millions of people will embrace and love such as the song called 'Hero' sung by none other than oh, could it be Enrique?

As far as you saying Ricky hasn't been forgotten, well of course his fans haven't forgotten him, just the rest of the world has. I never hear any news on him. Even when Enrique was on his break, there were news about him in Mexico filming a movie with Antonio Banderas that's due out in March 2003. There was also talk about him on TRL, saying what he was up to during his break. Enrique was even shown on Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood where their reporters went to Enrique's studio and interviewed him while he was writting his album Escape. Must be they missed him so much, they had to see what he was up to and keep the world informed in the process. You never hear anything on Ricky on TRL or anywhere else for that matter. You see, Ricky was the craze in 1999 and 2000 because he displayed dance moves and was the one like you said that started the whole Latin thing. It was all new then. But now, he's not unique. He blends in with all the other pop stars who dance better than they can sing. Enrique, on the other hand, there's no other male artist like him that can sing with so much passion and emotion and make women swoon. And he actually looks Latin, unlike Ricky. Enrique has those dark, exotic smoldering good looks of a Latin man whereas Ricky just looks like your average goodlooking guy. I love Latin men and Enrique has the 'look', Ricky doesn't. Besides, I would rather swoon over a guy that actually likes girls, not guys.

Well, I guess we're not going to agree so what's the point of wasting my time on you? Besides I have to get my VCR ready to record the 'MTV Europe Video Music Awards' on channel MTV2 at 3pm ET. Enrique is going to be performing and he is up for four awards. Oh, and I also have to watch and record that wonderful special that's going to be on tonight on channel ABC at 8pm ET called 'Concert for World Children's Day.' My sweet Enrique is going to be on that performing too with the great Celine Dion, and Nick Carter from the 'Back Street Boys.' Oh and I can't forget that Enrique's going to be on Jay Leno the 26th of this month too. Boy Enrique sure is everywhere, and um...where is Ricky again?

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:10 pm

Ricky does ALWAYS sing live. And for your information I have seen Both Ricky and Enrique live. Enrique was at Party in The Park earlier this year and he was dire, his voice is squeakyand off key. He has no stage presence and makes little connection with the audience. And Im not just saying that either, There were other acts there who I disliked before but after hearing them live changed my opinion. He just cannot sing, end of discussion. When Ricky played London he caused mayhem the police had to control the crowds, celebrties(including Madonna) turned out to see him, the next day it was in all the newspapers, it was even on the Breakfast news. In contrast Enrique's UK tour went largley ignored by the media. He is rarely in the UK teen magazine;s and is never a cover star on any. Unlike Ricky.

VH1UK did a poll of the 100 Greatest Men In Music just a few months ago. Enrique didn't make the top 60, Ricky came in at #21. One place below Sir Paul Mcartney, the top 20 was made up of the greats of Music such as Elvis, Micheal Jackson, Elton John, John Lennon, David Bowie etc. Not bad for some one who is "forgotten". Enrique has never had a US #1 album, Ricky has. Ricky was also invited to peform at the Queens Jubilee earlier this year, it was shown in over 100 countries. He opened the show, obvilousley they wanted a singer who could rouse the crowd, not send them to sleep.
As for the petty comments about Ricky's sexuality, are you aware that one of Enrique's girlfriends actually dumped him to go off with Ricky?? Her name was Adriana Biega. She later went to the press and said how Ricky was the best lover she has ever had. Enrique she said didn't have a clue how to treat a lady and is rubbish in bed. Hmm doesn't do to much for his "ladies man" image does it? Maybe thats because he would rather sleep with Ricky LOL?

Oh and I wouldn't hold your breat to see Enrique at the MTV Europe awards. He ain't on it!!! Please don't tell me you wern't a fan of Ricky's in 1999 and that You don't like Livin La Vida Loca. Everyone was on The Ricky Bandwaggon.

goldstar99.

Postby goldstar99. » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:12 pm

Um...sparkleuk, why are you on this board? Are you so bent on trying to convince Enrique's hugely growing fan base to turn on him and like Ricky, because that's what it sounds like. Frankly, it's annoying. Sorry, but I agree with everything latinlover said. I, too, think Enrique is better than Ricky. Enrique has better songs, he's sexier and he's more intimate with his fans. He brings girls up on stage to serenade them and it always causes a riot. He's a sweety pie. And wasn't it found out that that girl Adriana was paid by Ricky's management to say that because of growing assumptions that Ricky is gay? You coming on here shows that you are insecure about Enrique's massive popularity so you put Enrique down to make it sound that Ricky is better. To me and many others, Ricky is old news. Enrique is hot and he does cause riots every where he goes. Girls fall at his feet. And is fact, Enrique is going to perform in front of the Queen of England which is a huge honor. Here's the proof:

source: ananova.com

Will, Gareth, Kylie and Ronan set for Royal Variety Performance

Will Young, Gareth Gates, Ronan Keating and Kylie Minogue are among the performers confirmed for this year's Royal Variety Performance.

They will be joined by Anastacia, Enrique Iglesias, Shania Twain and Shirley Bassey.

Bob Monkhouse, Lee Mack and Omid Djalili will provide the comedy.

The show will also feature performances by the cast of Bombay Dreams and Our House, the new musical based on Madness songs.

The show takes place on December 2 at the Hammersmith Apollo in the presence of Prince Charles and the Queen.

Story filed: 10:39 Wednesday 16th October 2002

And what are you talking about that Enrique isn't going to be on the MTV Europe Awards? Yes, he is. He performing and it's held in Enrique's birth home in Spain so of course he's going to be there. Why don't you just go back to your Ricky board because your just making yourself look like a fool.

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:24 pm

Of course she wasn't paid by Ricky's management, there are photos of she and Ricky kissing and cuddling together. Have you ever thought that maybe *shock Horror* Ricky is straight? Ricky just likes to keep his private life just that. He doesn't need to make up sham relationships with Dumb Bimbo tennis players to sell his records. Guess what Anna K is married!, she is still seen about with her husband.
Everytime Enrique has a new single to promote he links himself to some female celeb to get maximum exposure. First Christina Aguilera, then Jenifer Love Hewitt, neither were true of course. So what, Ricky doesn't need to perve over his fans, he just has that x-factor that makes him a wonderful entertainer. Ricky has a big heart, and is a lovely respectful guy.

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”