Omg! Enrique Rocked Da House On Mtv Europe Awards!

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:06 pm

Holy crap! Enrique was smokin'!!! He started off by singing Maybe and then he got rockin' by singing Love To See You Cry and man did he look HOT! He wore a black muscle shirt, leather choker necklaces and tight black leather pants. His bod is awesome and his biceps made me crazy! My God, he looked soooooooooooooo HOT! He really rocked and at the end he was raised up high above the stage on a platform. It was awesome. I bet their wasn't one woman in the place that wasn't panting! LOL Did you see it, latinlover? I know you said you were going to watch it. If you did catch it, wasn't Enrique great? Who else caught the show? Man, he has got to be the sexiest guy on the planet!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:37 pm

I'm watching it at the moment. He's amazing! I love that version of the song. Is it on the CD?

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:30 am

OMG! Hell yes, I saw the show and I am still wiping my drool off the floor...lol. Enrique was amazing! He looked soooooooooooo sexy in all black with his bronze muscles sticking out everywhere. He did a great job singing Maybe. I like the accoustic version. He sounded great! Did you see the after-party news? They showed it at about 9:30 or so I guess during their news segment. Everyone was saying how Enrique surprised them with that performance. They said that Enrique is usually singing his beautiful ballads and that that's the way he started out in the performance and then all of a sudden he let loose in black leather and started singing like a rocker and he had cool laser lights and dancers clad in leather and whips. It was funny, they interviewed Kylie Minogue and she said that she was surprised that Enrique had a bad boy side to him LOL Christina Aguilera was also smitten with Enrique. (of course, she always was though) She said that Enrique looked great and that he is a talented artist who can pull off being versatile with his music whether it be Spanish music, ballads, pop songs or rock songs. He can do it all and she said she wanted to get down and 'dirty' with him. (refering to her single 'Diirty') I couldn't believe she said that. LOL Enrique certainly left a lasting impression, didn't he? I loved the show. It's too bad he didn't win but he was up against Eminem and no one could beat him. Oh well, it didn't seem to effect Enrique at all because he out on one hell of a performance. Damn, I'm going to watch it again and again. For those of you who missed the show, it's going to be repeated on regular MTV next week some time I think. Sorry I don't know the exact date but I will let you know as soon as I find out.

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:59 pm

Oh yes lets here if for the Ricky wannabe!!

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:59 pm

Oooooh everybody look who's back, it's the poor Ricky fan who's envious by Enrique getting all the attention. Honey, Enrique doesn't want to be a Rickywannabe because that would make him gay, wouldn't it? hahaha

Everyone knows Enrique rocked on The EMA's. Women went crazy over Enrique including like I said before, the female singers even wanted him. Men wanted to be him. He was the most talked about performance of the night even over Eminem and Bon Jovi. Everyone was saying how HOT he was and that he put on a good show and that he has a great sounding band. Which I have always agreed on that, Enrique has a great band with great guitarists that make his music sound all the better. He was even the talk of the after party. He has made his mark and even when your old hat Ricky comes back, Enrique will never be forgotten.

ENRIQUE RULES!!! Way to go Enrique!

goldstar99.

Postby goldstar99. » Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:40 pm

I caught the show too, and unfortunatly I was watching it with my husband so when Enrique was performing I think my husband could sense how hot I was and I kept feeling him skirming uncomfortably while we were cuddled together on the couch watching it. I asked what he thought about Enrique's performance and he reluctantly said he did good but then had to throw in "why is he always wearing leather pants. doesn't he own any jeans?" lmao! It's obvoius he was jealous. And it didn't help that Bon Jovi was on the same show because I like him too so my husband was really feeling insecure. lol Of course he had his thrill too because he likes Pamela Anderson and she was a presenter and she came out showing her huge fake breasts as usual so my husband got a treat too. lol
As for what I thought about Enrique's performance myself, well I must say I needed a cold shower after that one, I tell ya. He looked hot as hell and he really did a great job on Love To See You Cry and then throwing in that rendition of Billy Idol's White Wedding song. It was clever and it sounded awesome. The whole production was awesome. The laser lights, lighting changes and the fire bolts were visually cool and his backup singers coming to the front of the stage in a stalking walk in black leather outfits swinging their whips aroung was wild. When they scanned the audience I think I saw some people with their mouths open because they were shocked that this was the same guy that sings Hero and now they were seeing leather and whips from his performance. lol Enrique has been doing that a lot lately though. His concerts have had a more rock feel too them. That's what I love about him. He keeps revolving. He keeps reinventing news ways to add a new splice of flavor to his songs and style. Like Christina Aguilera said, he can pull off being versatile. I am so glad I recorded it because at first I wasn't since we were going to watch it live anyways but now that I recorded it, I have watched it over and over fast forwarding it to Enrique and Bon Jovi's performances which is pissing my husband off. lol
Did anyone happen to catch the Concert For World Children's Day special too? I did and it was a really good show. Enrique looked and sang great as usual. I was surprised they gave him a lot of air time. Him and Celine Dion sang three songs each whereas the other performers only sang once. Enrique sang Escape, Maybe and Hero in that order. My husband watched that with me also and commented saying "now that's the Enrique I'm used to" I think that wild, sexy performance on the EMAs really made him insecure, not that he wasn't insecure where Enrique is concerned anyways. My computer room walls are covered with Enrique's pictures not to mention a big wall calendar of him too. lol I hope that I don't one of these days while my husband and I are making love and I call out Enrique's name instead of his. That will be the last straw. lmao

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:38 pm

He certainly wasn't the most talked about peformance of the night. He didn't even get a very good reception, the best reception went to Robbie Williams, who unlike Enrique is talented. And as for that whole raised platform routine. Ricky was doing that three years ago.

But then again Originality isn't exactly Enrique's strongest point.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:52 pm

Enrique is just sexy, and he's just a singer

Robbie Williams is the King of Pop, he's the most original, the best English property right now.....

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:25 pm

Oh please, sparkleUK, why don't you go back to your Ricky Martin board, you are so imature. You don't see any of us going on the Ricky board and dissing him. Grow up! And for your info, Enrique WAS the most talked about. I saw the after-party footage too and a lot of people were talking about him especially the females commenting how hot he was and how cool his performance was. They certainly weren't talking about Robbie Williams who in my oppinion is ugly and isn't talented at all. What was with that discusting video he did? And you hit it on the mark when you said Ricky did the platform thing three years ago, accent on the THREE YEARS ago meaning yeah it's over, it's done with, he's fell off the face of the earth, he's forgotten. Isn't that about how long he's been gone? Who knows, who cares? Anyways Enrique was raised on the platform, he did it and he did it better and the women went crazy and the crowd did cheer and whistle, you just didn't want to hear it. Enrique is really popular now and is a household name and if you can't stand it then why don't you use your time promoting your precious Ricky on his board instead of coming here. Get a life!

goldstar99, your story was so funny. LMAO! about your husband. Yeah, you better watch it that you don't call out Enrique's name during your most intimate moments. LOL BTW, I saw the Concert for Children special too. It was so good. I was in my glory because not only do I love Enrique, I love Celine and Josh Groban too and I was so glad they were all together in that show. It was a great show! I recorded it. Do you love that song The Prayer that Celine and Josh sang? I so love that song. It is so beautiful. Didn't you love the part where David Foster commented to Enrique and told him that Hero was one of the best songs ever written in history? Enrique was so happy when he said that. He loves when people embrace his songs. And a compliment coming form David Foster is quite a compliment since he's a great songwriter and composer himself. Not many singers write their own music so I think David made a point on making sure Enrique got credit where credit was due. I think that made Enrique's night! I also loved when they all came togther in the finale and sang that song about the children and a bunch of children gathered around and sang with tehm. That was precious. They are going to release a DVD of the show. I think that is great because it was a special show.

Oh and Claire, I don't know if that version is on a cd yet, but you can check on ebay. They usually sell a lot of remix cds of his songs from Europe so you never know. It wouldn't hurt to check it out.

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:39 pm

suzieq, you crack me up!!! :lol: You go girl!

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:57 pm

Oh, and goldstar99., that was funny about your husband. I can just imagine how he acted. My boyfriend is the same way every time we hear an Enrique song on the radio. I always blast it and he just rolls his eyes even though I catch him humming along sometimes.

goldstar99.

Postby goldstar99. » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:45 pm

Thanks, I thought you'd all find that amusing. lol

By the way, just for clarification, Enrique did not copy Ricky with the platform issue. Enrique had been doing that since his career began and took off back in 1995. In his early concerts, during the course of the show he would be raised high above the stage on a crane and it would swing over the crowd as he is singing. He has done that in many of his concerts including the one he did in Argentina because I have the video tape of it. When I first saw it before I knew much about Enrique, I thought it was crazy when he did that on the crane, but after a while I thought it was cool. But then again, everything about Enrique is cool!

Mrs. Ricky Martin

Postby Mrs. Ricky Martin » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:05 pm

:unsure:

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:28 am

OMG! Are you serious??? Where have you been living? Under a rock??? Enrique isn't out of the spotlight at all. He's everywhere. Unless you've been dead or living under a rock, Enrique has been in the news constantly. He has been on Extra, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, etc. He has been the talk of the town because he's in the movie Once Upon A Time In Mexico due to hit theatres this Friday. He was in New York yesterday at the premiere signing autographs and walking down the red carpet. He has just gotten a multi-million deal with PepsiCo to become the new face of Pepsi. His new English album is due in November and his new single is hit to air at the end of this month or early next. He's already shooting the video for it. And might I add, Enrique won a Latin Grammy for his Spanish album Quisas which has become mega successful along with his past English album Escape that was a mega success also! Can't say that for Ricky Martin who's English "Sound Loaded" album sucked! Maybe that's why he went back to doing a Spanish album because he knew his English music sucked. I mean She Bangs?...Give Me A break! Ricky doesn't know how to write music and obviously he doesn't know how to pick music either. All he knows how to do is shake his gay ass. Enrique, on the other hand, writes good quality music which is why he was awarded for it.

And speaking of out of the spotlight, where's Ricky? I'll tell ya where he is, he knows he's lost his momentum in the United States so he goes back to his devoted fans in the international countries. We US people haven't heard a thing about him for over three years except his performance at the Latin Grammys which sucked, might I add. His voice seems to be getting weaker and weaker the older he gets. He has been forgotten here in the US whereas Enrique is bigger than ever here and in the international countries. In fact, Enrique's going to be on TRL today with Johnny Depp to promote his movie. He's mega popular here. There is even several 2004 calendars out on him and he's been getting lots of movie offers so I wouldn't be surprised if he stars in another movie. And before you know it, you'll be seeing his face on Pepsi commercials. I'm sure that will irritate you to no end!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! So get used to the fact that Ricky is getting old and he's a has been here in the US because millions of young women are turning their attention to a younger, fresher and more talented Latin singer named ENRIQUE IGLESIAS! I think Ricky knows it too because he knows he'll have to come up with a better quality English cd than his sucky Sound Loaded to be able to become the success he was in 1999. He seen that when his Sound Loaded album did poorly on the Billboard charts, whereas Enrique's Spanish AND English ablums were mega hits. So what if Ricky's Spanish album is doing well, it's his English albums that are going to need help because you just can't put out crappy songs anymore and expect your image to make them a success. He's going to have to write good music and take his time making sure the album is great before he releases another one. Maybe he should take some advice from Enrique who seems to have no problem writing and making a successful English album as well as Spanish.

And another thing, you aren't fooling me SparkleUK, just because you change your username doesn't mean we don't know it's you. Who else would be sooooooooo envious of Enrique's success that they'd have to watse their time posting on Enrique's board. You are so pathetic, it's laughable!

Mrs. Ricky Martin

Postby Mrs. Ricky Martin » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:53 pm

:rolleyes:

goldstar99.

Postby goldstar99. » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:28 pm

Can I ask you a question, Ricky Martin fan? If Enrique isn't a threat to Ricky where you live, then why does it irritate you so much that Enrique exists? Pay no attention to Enrique and enjoy what you have with Ricky. My God, you are so hell bent on putting Enrique down which only goes to prove that you wouldn't be trying so hard at doing that if you didn't think Enrique was very successful himself.

You know, people that come on a board of an artist that they don't like who happens to be heavy competition to the one they do like simply show that they are threatened by the attention the rival is getting. And to bring up an very old thread on this board simply shows that you are indeed jealous and obsessing on Enrique's rising success. You really need to get a life!

And it's funny you haven't heard Enrique in Europe since his single Hero was number 1 in the UK and elsewhere for several weeks. He performed many times at the Top of the Pops and always got good reviews. Anyways, it doesn't matter because where I live in the US, Enrique is extremely successful and nobody even mentions Ricky. As far as I'm concerned you can keep Ricky. Certainly the US doesn't miss him one bit.

While you continue to obsess, be bitter and show your obvious envy of Enrique's success, I will put my time to good use supporting the artist I do like.

Hey Enrique fans, 3 more days until the movie comes out! Funny for such a supposed small role, the director Robert Rodriequez wanted Enrique to promote the movie by making appearances on Entertainment channels. Obviously the director knows Enrique's appeal.

Way to go Enrique! Can't wait to hear your new album! :)

Mrs. Ricky Martin

Postby Mrs. Ricky Martin » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:55 pm

;)

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:48 am

Obviously you think that Enrique IS competion to Ricky or why else would you be here? DUH!

And...um...hello...Ricky's last single in the US came out like...three and a half years ago so I guess you can consider he's fallen off the face of the earth too.

Enrique doesn't have anything to worry about where his standings are concerned. Besides being a phenominon here in the US, he's popular everywhere in the world and his successful hits in the UK, Japan, Australia, Germany, etc. plus two major succesful World tours last year are proof of that.

As I said before, you can continue to obsess on Enrique all you want because your put downs aren't going to make him go away. He's in the news constantly, he's in TV shows, he's mentioned on the radio, he's on the big screen, he's the new face of Pepsi. In fact, he's been so newsworthy latley here in the US, that he got top priority news over the much overly talked about couple JLO and Ben Affleck. Enrique is a phenominon over here and that's all that matters because I can see my Enrique all I want! Four years ago some people still asked Enrique Iglesias who? Now he's so well known, radio & tv announcers drop his last name when they mention him and he's known just as 'Enrique' now and everyone knows who he is. And you seem to forget that Ricky Martin has been in the limelight since he was young so he's had a many of years head start on Enrique. So the tremendous amount of success Enrique has garnered in his less than ten years of his career in absolutely astounding!

You can say every degrading thing you want about Enrique until your blue in the face but the fact is Enrique isn't going away any time soon and his success just continues to grow. Get over it!

Enrique is da best!!! :D :D :D

Mrs. Ricky Martin

Postby Mrs. Ricky Martin » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:36 am

:o

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”