Enrique Will Be Featured On Vh1's Driven

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:21 pm

VH1 is featuring Enrique on it's popular celebrity biography show. It will air December 15th. It will have pictures of when Enrique was a little boy and it will talk about his early life leading up to the phenominaly succesful singer he is today. It will have interviews from his past school teachers to old friends and people who know him best. It will also include early concert footage and other rare photos of Enrique. It will be a show every Enrique fan won't want to miss so make sure you catch it!

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:28 am

What the hell has Enrique done to deserve to be featured on Driven?? Ricky has worked a damb sight harder to get where he is. VH1 still haven't done a Driven on the Backstreet Boys either, despite there being a huge petition by fans on VH1.com.

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:04 pm

Well, sparkleuK, you are are showing your true color again...GREEN...green with envy, that is. If you had paid attention at all to all the media coverage and public appearances Enrique has made, then you would see why Enrique was featured on Driven. But, actually there doesn't have to be any explaination as to why he was featured, it's obvious! It's because he's AWESOME and the media knows it so that's why they all scramble to have him on their shows. So just get over it, you big baby!

Now this is for all the Enrique fans. WOW! Did you catch the show? Wasn't it amazing? They did such a great job. What gorgeous photos they included. Damn! And I love the ones of him with his family and his childhood pictures. He was such an adorable kid. No wonder he's gorgeous now! Boy, he took so many risks to make it where he is today. He quit college, he had no money, he went to Toronto to try and get a break, he didn't tell his family, he didn't let anyone know he was Julio's son until after he was signed his first record deal. But he always had the ambition to succeed. He never gave up. What a great tribute to Enrique. It sets the record straight and proves that Enrique did it all on his own. Great show!

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:55 pm

SparkleUK, I think you are such a hypocrite! You go critisizing Enrique fans for saying bad things about Ricky and then you come on here and trash Enrique every chance you get. How pathetic!

OMG! Latinlover, I have to agree with you. The show was so amazing. I think it's the best documentary I've seen on Enrique or any other singer for that matter. His childhood pictures were precious. I felt so sorry for him when they said his grandfather got kidnapped when his was little and Enrique and Julio Jr. had to move away from their mom, sister and friends. that must have been so truamatic for him. I love the fact that whenever he felt sad, he would write his feelings down and then turn them into a song. What a talent. He is such a gifted songwriter. Can't say that about Ricky, can you SparkleUK? You are right about Enrique taking so many risks to get were he is now, latinmusiclover. I didn't know he went thru all that. Watching the show really makes you respect Enrique even more. Like you said it was well done! Can't wait to see it again!

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:07 am

LMAO! I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one that thought the show was awesome. I have it recorded and have already watched it six times. LOL!

debbie24

Postby debbie24 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:25 pm

I watched the show and I loved it too! I had no idea Enrique's childhood was so unsteady. It was sad that his grandfather got kidnapped and then out of fear for their lives they had to abruptly move from Spain to Miami. That must have been so hard on Enrique, especially at such a young age. But in a way, all that heartache made him stronger and able to become independant and ambitious. I only wish his father could have been more surportive. It's obvious Enrique wishes his dad would say he's proud of him.

hippiechic

Postby hippiechic » Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:36 pm

Great show! I always like VH1's series Driven and I'm glad they did one on Enrique. It was good. I have a question. Which way do you prefer Enrique, with shorter hair the way he is now or when he was younger with long hair? I think he looks great now but those pictures of him when he had long hair are very sexy. Now I can't decide which way I like him better. It doesn't matter to me, because he's hot either way. I was just wondering what everyone else thought. God, he is sooooooooo tall isn't he. How sexy is that? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

goldstar99.

Postby goldstar99. » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:40 pm

Great show! They did an excellent job portraying Enrique's life.

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:43 pm

VH1 will be repeating this awesome episode the 12th of this month in case some of you didn't catch it before. Here's the info:

ROCKONTV
guide to music on television

Show:
Driven
Episode:
(#018) Enrique Iglesias
Network:
(VH1) Video Hits One
Date:
Sunday - January 12, 2003
Time:
09:00 pm - 10:00 pm ET

Featured Artists
Enrique Iglesias

About: (#018) Enrique Iglesias
"Driven: Enrique Iglesias" follows the transformation of Enrique from
a shy, awkward new kid in school to the international sex symbol he
is today.

About Driven
Once upon a time, Britney Spears, Madonna and Marilyn Manson
weren't household names. So what did they have to do break out of
the pack and reach the top of the music world?

The new VH1 series "Driven" brings the music world's biggest pop
icons' unknown pasts to life with footage that the public has never
seen, plus interviews with those special people who played integral
roles in their development as artists and individuals, providing a
rare glimpse at what they were really like.

There's no such thing as overnight success -- over time, like a
jigsaw puzzle, pieces are added, small breakthroughs are made,
and eventually the picture of a pop star begins to take shape.
"Driven" traces that process from childhood to the first glimmer of
stardom, through the eyes of those who knew the artist best and
helped play pivotal roles in their development -- teachers, family
members, friends, and creative partners. With each episode of
"Driven" dedicated to a single artist, the show looks at the stars'
blueprints for success and what propelled them to achieve it despite
the obstacles that lay in their paths.

Viewers can go to VH1.com and check out a photo flip-book of rare
and never-before-seen pics of the artists, rare or exclusive video
clips of the artists in their early days, and other features and info
on the artists featured in the series.

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”