E & Holly Vallance Top Pop Duo According To Survey

suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:29 am

source: Ananova

Holly Valance and Enrique Iglesias top pop duo:

Holly Valance and Enrique Iglesias are the pop pairing most people would like to see perform duet together, according to a new poll.

More than a third of the 22,000 people surveyed wanted them to make a joint bid for chart glory in 2003.

Valance could follow in the footsteps of fellow ex-Neighbours stars Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan, who topped the charts in 1988 with Especially For You.

Arch-enemies Robbie Williams and Liam Gallagher also proved to be a popular, if unlikely, choice.

But one quarter of music fans want them to bury their differences and make a record together.

Elsewhere in the poll, opera star Luciano Pavarotti and teenage soprano Charlotte Church proved a popular choice.

Famous duos from yesteryear also registered highly, with country legends Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers voted in second place. The pair had a top ten record in 1983 with Islands In The Stream.

And Cockney duo Chas and Dave made it to fifth place with music fans apparently keen to see them follow up hits like Rabbit and Snooker Loopy.

The survey was commissioned by fabric conditioner company Comfort. The firm is hoping the animated characters from its adverts, Darren and Lisa, could score a chart success of their own.

They are considering releasing a Darren and Lisa cover version of Especially For You in the New Year after the adverts proved a hit with the public.

The duets people would most like to hear in 2003:
1 Holly Valance and Enrique Iglesias;
2 Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers;
3 Luciano Pavarotti and Charlotte Church;
4 Liam Gallagher and Robbie Williams;
5 Chas and Dave.

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:50 pm

:blink: My god that would be the duet from Hell! Holly Valance is even more talentless than enrique

latinmusiclover

Postby latinmusiclover » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:08 pm

This is directed to SparkleUK, who seems to not be able to get enough of Enrique's board:

Like the duet with your has been Ricky and slutty Cristina Aguilera was any better. Yeah Right!

Oh and SparkleUK, you never did answer my question as to why if you are such a Ricky fan, you haven't posted on his board for weeks. Inquiring minds want to know the answer to that one.

Yet you are so drawn to Enrique's board. Obviously your bored with Ricky and want some newer and younger Latin blood. Can't say we blame you.

Oh, and when you get the time, read my message to you on the 'Enrique Update' thread. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it. Every one else here is having a laugh over it already.

hippiechic

Postby hippiechic » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:18 pm

I totally know what you mean, latinmusiclover. SparkleUK claims to be a Ricky fan but she doesn't post on Ricky's board? That doesn't make any sense. Now whenever I see a post from her, I just laugh my ass off because she is so pathetic.

Well, what I think is Holly is pretty and a good singer and pairing her up with Enrique would be cool.

SparkleUK

Postby SparkleUK » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:53 pm

Me dissing Holly is because she is 100% talentless. FACT! Enrique would be scraping the barrel by dueting with her. Its even rumoured that she doesn't sing on her songs.

Regardless of what you think of christina, she has one of the best voices in music. And didn't enrique record a duet with her on her spanish album?

big man on campus

Postby big man on campus » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:46 pm

Enrique should do a duet with George Michael. They'd get along well since they are both gay.

Return to “Enrique Iglesias”